I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Creating a hole as a trap is definitely a thing Team Rocket would do, and has done.
###lynch WZ###
Since I don't know when I'll be on today as Mondays are my long days.

Not sure I 100% believe WZ, but it's very possible coffee was wolf blocked last night and that's why she fell in the hole before battling WZ

Has anyone else fallen in a hole? If it was a wolf block, surely someone else has taken a tumble before Coffee did.

Quoting these just to say that I really don't think the blocker would be a wolf. Based on blocking choices reported so far, it reads very village to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quoting these just to say that I really don't think the blocker would be a wolf. Based on blocking choices reported so far, it reads very village to me.
Who else has been reportedly blocked?

Reactions: 1 user
Who else has been reportedly blocked?

I'm basing this on the assumption that both Gwen and Coffee have experienced the hole block. Especially with it happening to Coffee last night after having some heavy suspicion thrown her way yesterday. It is definitely WIFOM, but that reads more village than wolf to me

I'm basing this on the assumption that both Gwen and Coffee have experienced the hole block. Especially with it happening to Coffee last night after having some heavy suspicion thrown her way yesterday. It is definitely WIFOM, but that reads more village than wolf to me
This is on the basis of assuming WZ telling the truth. To me it sounds of a passive ability or a self-inflicted one, rather than one on someone else I.e. not "set a trap in front of coffee" rather "protect myself". But also what is the likelihood that two people would have the *same* ability? Gwen fell the same night as me.

Also, I don't really think I had heavy shade cast towards me. WZ has never actually stated why im wolfy and everyone else has cited D1 freak out.

P.S. dubs why favoring my lynch so much??
Capri off the top of my head, and gwen is still on my list!!

Why other than koffee!! What if I like my koffee lynch!!!!!!

Why Capri?? I thought a wolf wouldn't vote for AM based on her self-vote (according to you) also Capri was one of the first on shelter?

This is on the basis of assuming WZ telling the truth. To me it sounds of a passive ability or a self-inflicted one, rather than one on someone else I.e. not "set a trap in front of coffee" rather "protect myself". But also what is the likelihood that two people would have the *same* ability? Gwen fell the same night as me.

Also, I don't really think I had heavy shade cast towards me. WZ has never actually stated why im wolfy and everyone else has cited D1 freak out.

P.S. dubs why favoring my lynch so much??

Why Capri?? I thought a wolf wouldn't vote for AM based on her self-vote (according to you) also Capri was one of the first on shelter?
I think you're reading your results wrong!!! Sounds like you fell in a hole while on the way to battle me - that easily could be a block (wolf or village I don't know, I could see arguments for either)!

I didn't like Capri's reasoning for voting for AM (chaos hunting) or for her vote on shelter, which made no sense (I addressed this yesterday)! I don't think she was first to push shelter at all - from my memory she was in prime bussing territory!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch wz

This part of the post gives me feels. Sounds like Mixy might understand why.

I do find it interesting that there are suddenly votes on wz today when no one was interested when I voted her yesterday.

Was that the only reason you were voting WZ? or was there more?

capri, allie, gwen, Snowy, genny, and Kara need to be looked at. And ny should be killed soon just because.

Lynch Gwen

Why gwen over the others?

:naughty:
Also holy fishing

Who draws the line between pressure and fishing? I don't care for her role, just if she knows from experience

Lynch dolphin

With an eye on mutts. Could lynch there too, largely for the same reasons that Mel identified

Well, Mel's reasons about me are wrong, which seems to be a trend here

Dolphin got some sketch points after reading this:

I’m gonna try today to not tunnel like I did on jboo in past games :( and look at others instead of Mixy, even tho I’d keep my vote there bc my feels still exist. So the people that stayed on AM (which I shall do after lunccch/responsibilities).
So shelter, skim and Capri. Obvs I felt I could do skim, bc AM not answering doesn’t seem like a solid reason to stay on a lynch. But I don’t necessarily like shelter or capri’s reasons.
So for now

Lynch Capri

Just to throw a vote on another option until I could go back and focus on all three.

but it also feels too obvious, that everyone they mentioned died

Edited: to finish thought

I'm also fairly certain a couple of us had already said that we didn't think voting for AM was wolfy before capri cast her vote!

The idea that two wolves would be on AM does give me pause. That is why I haven't voted yet - haven't had a chance to look at timing and interactions more closely yet!

Oh, and as for me liking my koffee vote, I don't much like the way you've been approaching things today - stating things as if they are absolutely true despite your results not actually indicating what you say! And then the fishing rubbed me the wrong way!

I am pretty sure I addressed my feelings d1 and d2 when I initially voted for you, so if you could stop mischaracterizing my play, that would be awesome!

I think there's a wolf out of you and Gwen (not both), just not sure which is more likely!

Who draws the line between pressure and fishing? I don't care for her role, just if she knows from
Asking someone about what actions they were taking is fishing! As far as I can tell koffee was not suspicious of Gwen, so her questions don't fall under the "pressure" umbrella!

Oh, and as for me liking my koffee vote, I don't much like the way you've been approaching things today - stating things as if they are absolutely true despite your results not actually indicating what you say! And then the fishing rubbed me the wrong way!

I am pretty sure I addressed my feelings d1 and d2 when I initially voted for you, so if you could stop mischaracterizing my play, that would be awesome!

I think there's a wolf out of you and Gwen (not both), just not sure which is more likely!
Oh please
All you have said in regard to me is you don't like my Skimble case.

Unrelated, but there's someone on MU who writes this way constantly and it feels like I'm playing with them right now lol.

Reactions: 4 users
You know what:

Unlynch allie, lynch mel

He isn't pushing anyone, half his comments are jokes and throwaways, and I really don't accept blaming it on the hospital because he put more effort and thought into the last game that was like immediately after his accident.

His play feels wrong. Am I seriously the only one who feels like that?

*insert crazy pills gif*

Also guys, I have no faith in our justice systems now. Jury duty is the worst. I want to strangle someone.

You know what:

Unlynch allie, lynch mel

He isn't pushing anyone, half his comments are jokes and throwaways, and I really don't accept blaming it on the hospital because he put more effort and thought into the last game that was like immediately after his accident.

*insert crazy pills gif*

Also guys, I have no faith in our justice systems now. Jury duty is the worst. I want to strangle someone.

His play feels okay to me on the principle that I was wolfkilled. And I weirdly feel like he's more active here than the last game.

Oh please
All you have said in regard to me is you don't like my Skimble case.
Wrong!
I will go back and quote every post where I've mentioned you if you like, but that seems like it would be a poor use of my time!
Let's not forget I originally got on your case for halting a discussion by drawing unnecessary attention to what you thought was a subtle role reveal!

I think you're reading your results wrong!!! Sounds like you fell in a hole while on the way to battle me - that easily could be a block (wolf or village I don't know, I could see arguments for either)!

I didn't like Capri's reasoning for voting for AM (chaos hunting) or for her vote on shelter, which made no sense (I addressed this yesterday)! I don't think she was first to push shelter at all - from my memory she was in prime bussing territory!

The more I go back and look at Capri's voting record and timing etc from the past two days, the more I am starting to agree with you on this. Either good wolf position or very unfortunate villager voting pattern (which, granted, I've been there)

Also, can we talk about jboo and post restrictions? She's waaaay too involved with those since her noob game.

Reactions: 2 users
You know what:

Unlynch allie, lynch mel

*insert crazy pills gif*

His play feels off, yes, but I figure there's good reason for that and in the face of AM (and possibly paws) being wolf killed N1 I have him pretty far down my list!

Wrong!
I will go back and quote every post where I've mentioned you if you like, but that seems like it would be a poor use of my time!
Let's not forget I originally got on your case for halting a discussion by drawing unnecessary attention to what you thought was a subtle role reveal!
Which was a legitimate thing to do that bothered nobody else aside from the fact that I was wrong

Even now that we know AM immediately called out a wolf under iffy circumstances? You seriously both don't think that could potentially bypass general preferences for not early killing someone?

I just see noooothing like his normal pushing this time. I'll pull data when I'm on laptop.

Even now that we know AM immediately called out a wolf under iffy circumstances? You seriously both don't think that could potentially bypass general preferences for not early killing someone?

I just see noooothing like his normal pushing this time. I'll pull data when I'm on laptop.

Mel's not cheap. He'll gladly take the challenge of me correctly wolfreading someone and leave me alive to pocket.

Unofficial D3 Lynch Tally
allie () -
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts (1) - Melby
Dolph (1) - SAR
Gwen (1) - AM
Mel (1) - Trilt

7/18

Lynch closes in ~ 5.5 hours

I complained about this in my role PM but I also didn't like how WZ decided to announce two minutes before lynch close that she didn't think the person who had been the secondary lynch wagon all day was a wolf. Fat lot of good it would have done at that point if Shelter was indeed village.
if wolfy defense at that point did nothing but look suspicious, would wolfy WZ have done that? that wouldn't make me lean wolf on her

that's not saying I'm not side-eyeing her for various reasons, just that I don't think that particular point is quite wolfy

Definitely a result of battle attempt. I will post wording

Edit:

You were ready to challenge WZ to a battle, but as you went to pay her a visit, the ground gave out from under you and you ended up deep in a hole. Bollux
I don't read this and see it as a sure fire battle thing. Couldn't it have been a blocker of some sort?

lynch WZ but i'm still not sold on Cray. Someone asked what i thought was trying too hard in her reads - well of course it's all about me. she said i was being more helpful than usual when all i had posted on thread was a lynch vote and "why not" in response to why vote WZ.
I was first on shelter's lynch, and I kept pointing out actual reasons I thought she was a wolf from the start

I would argue if you go back and look, it wasn't bussing, and I don't pull that sort of BS, certainly not the way that way went down

also noobs, this is an example where a wolf was caught D1 post #1
plus other classic wolf mistakes

Ny, I'm used to you not even offering explanations to your votes, heck, I'm used to forgetting you're even playing

I'm not trying to shade you to say that while you're not exactly chatty Kathy, I'm finding some legit insight and contributions this game

I do find it humorous that in all this I'm still "trying too hard" - yeah, to wolf hunt and build a COT

On a random unrelated note -
I’ve been stress baking to keep my mind off of the fact that I haven’t heard about any interviews since western and I need to get some news real soon or my interview pants aint gonna fit me when I need em

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry I missed some of the other posts but I got it now. I said that I don’t believe what AM did was wolfy so therefore I have her as village leaning but I don’t completely know what to make of the coffee-AM interaction earlier. And how it affects anything.

@Skimble do you still feel the same about your vote for AM? (Just curious)

Probs not a popular thought but I don’t find the AM self vote as an indicator of wolfiness. I just can’t wrap my brain to the point of it being wolfy. I am pretty sure several people were rightfully confused right away, I think koffee, snowy, shelter and made comments about it after. But shelter and skim actually committed a vote. But Mixy commented on it, besides initial confusion and didn’t put a vote there. And I’ve gotten weird vibes from other posts as well. But this is the best concrete thing I’ve got.

Although on the other hand skim staying on the vote still confused me, but not having the gut feels. So for now I’m leaning in the Mixy direction.

Lynch Mixy
The way these posts are worded, I don't like them. Why such a heavy insistence that she's breaking the norm and doesn't think AM's ploy was wolfy? I think it might have been a fumbled attempt at getting village cred if AM got lynched.

Why shelter? If anything snowy and jil get more wolf points than shelter. Snowy commented on it but didn't vote for you and jil voted second
Kara, why were you subtly steering (i think this was to Koffee) away from shelter? Sketch points here.
EDIT: It was to AM

I'm happy with my Mutts vote, but could back a gwen or dolphin vote.

Much smaller game, easier to keep track and note things on people. :shrug:

Can you explain this more!

I may be reading too much into them but dolphin calls out intentionally avoiding jboo & mixy - then they're NK, votes capri instead of shelter and the defense is just to throw a vote out there - then stayed on capri

I'm reading capri more neutral than dolphin right now

I’m gonna try today to not tunnel like I did on jboo in past games :( and look at others instead of Mixy, even tho I’d keep my vote there bc my feels still exist. So the people that stayed on AM (which I shall do after lunccch/responsibilities).
So shelter, skim and Capri. Obvs I felt I could do skim, bc AM not answering doesn’t seem like a solid reason to stay on a lynch. But I don’t necessarily like shelter or capri’s reasons.
So for now

Lynch Capri

Just to throw a vote on another option until I could go back and focus on all three.

Unlynch Mutts
Lynch Dolphin

Mutts is making good points.
Still waiting on @Karabiner13 to respond to previous question before I make an opinion on her.

I may be reading too much into them but dolphin calls out intentionally avoiding jboo & mixy - then they're NK, votes capri instead of shelter and the defense is just to throw a vote out there - then stayed on capri

I'm reading capri more neutral than dolphin right now
I stayed on Capri after questioning her...the defense at the beginning of the day was to throw a vote out when skimble, and shelter already had a few votes a piece. So therefore I wanted another option out there to consider. So don’t try and link one explanation to something different.

Also the jboo thing was from prior games which I definitely didn’t say or explain which was my bad. I tended to tunnel her and she’d get lynched early, flip village and I’d feel bad. So i think the last game i played i said I wouldn’t tunnel her. But I really had like no feels on jboo prior. Only feels were Mixy which was weak, which was why I moved onto the other three I mentioned into that post.

I stayed on Capri after questioning her...the defense at the beginning of the day was to throw a vote out when skimble, and shelter already had a few votes a piece. So therefore I wanted another option out there to consider. So don’t try and link one explanation to something different.

Also the jboo thing was from prior games which I definitely didn’t say or explain which was my bad. I tended to tunnel her and she’d get lynched early, flip village and I’d feel bad. So i think the last game i played i said I wouldn’t tunnel her. But I really had like no feels on jboo prior. Only feels were Mixy which was weak, which was why I moved onto the other three I mentioned into that post.
Now that shelter has flipped what do you think of those two?