I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting that we get a couple of abilities put up on these now. Were the other villagers vanilla or just tbd on abilities? <-- musing out loud, pls no accusations of fishing again

I would guess the others were vanilla if no ability was stated.

I tried to battle WZ last night and it did not work. I was told I fell in a hole.

Why:

I had WZ as village until yesterday. Here is how yesterday went down. Shelter was the leader and then WZ started a move to SAR. As soon as SAR revealed the name of her role she jumped off. Even Kara agreed that it was putting too much faith in the name of a role. Then, she also tried a last minute save to shelter still.

Has also been very strongly defending Skimble for the reasons that she is probably too busy to contribute. Not a very defendable reason especially when the argument against Skimble is the post content, not post volume.

I'd say between WZ and Skimble, at least one is likely a wolf, definitely could be a pair.

I tried to battle stagg and was successful.. so I might have killed him accidently. I didn't realize battles ended in actual death...

I've been informed I am supposed to include exclamation points at the end of my posts!!! Hence the edit to my earlier post! I will address other things when I get back from the grocery store!!!

Weird that posting restriction would take preference before death.
 
I would guess the others were vanilla if no ability was stated.



I tried to battle stagg and was successful.. so I might have killed him accidently. I didn't realize battles ended in actual death...



Weird that posting restriction would take preference before death.
Why would you battle Stagg after they said that they had already been attacked twice and had lot lost HP?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch allie

Her first comment about AM's stunt being out of the ordinary after she had voted for shelter and then not mentioning anything about shelter and focusing on stagg votes.. makes me think she was trying to direct attention from shelter. Maybe as protection for fellow wolf?
 
Who claimed that only villagers can battle?

Okay so since stagg had already been attacked and lost HP, why should I have not battled him if I thought he was most wolfy sounding? I didn't think it would end in his death, but I thought it would give him restrictions (silencing, losing his action) which is why I battled one of the ones I thought was most wolfy. From what you are saying, it sounds like I shouldn't have done anything because he had lost HP so I assume you already thought he was village. (sorry if this is confusing)
 
I feel a bit better about koffee today. I'm going out with friends soon (and hopefulyy not drinking too much), so I might not post much more tonight unless I'm bored.

tl: dr excuses excuses 😉
 
Okay so since stagg had already been attacked and lost HP, why should I have not battled him if I thought he was most wolfy sounding? I didn't think it would end in his death, but I thought it would give him restrictions (silencing, losing his action) which is why I battled one of the ones I thought was most wolfy. From what you are saying, it sounds like I shouldn't have done anything because he had lost HP so I assume you already thought he was village. (sorry if this is confusing)
What did you see that made you think he was wolfy? And there was discussing surrounding his loss of HP and the implication that if he lost more he would die.
 
I tried to battle stagg and was successful.. so I might have killed him accidently. I didn't realize battles ended in actual death...
Really because stagg pretty much said yesterday that you die when you lose all your HP, based on his battle results!

Why did you think he was most wolfy?! Seems you weren't even reading his posts!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's very suspiciously quiet for being a couple hours away from lynch. Still haven't heard from @Skimble , which I'd like to today.
 
@Crayola227 where did you go?! Surprised you left without dropping a vote!
when jboo didn't work out, I was at a loss

I gots stuffs to dos today (not a post restriction, just being funny)

I may not be on around deadline, so I'm hesitating to drop a vote

lynch Gwen

I had bad feelz early on, and I'm willing to sheep AM at this point
 
It's very suspiciously quiet for being a couple hours away from lynch. Still haven't heard from @Skimble , which I'd like to today.
Was this just the question about staying off of shelter after the flip? Or was this something else that skim did you were curious of/about?
 
I would personally bet abilities being added is just a matter of Sporty doing the write up.
I personally suspect we weren’t getting abilities until after the rez was used. I think I’ve seen other mods do that before.
I want to follow up on these two comments. What reasons did y'all have to think shelter was village?
I didn’t have any reason to think she was a wolf. She was just kind of neutral to me. I had other people higher on my wolf list, so that is how I voted.

It's very suspiciously quiet for being a couple hours away from lynch. Still haven't heard from @Skimble , which I'd like to today.
Just FYI: most days I’ll be able to check in very early in the morning, and then not again until about this time. Such is life on clinics. This rotation has a pretty strict “no phone” rule too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's more than one wolf, so... I just thought you should have some more players on your radar.
I've had other players on my radar, and have talked about them every day! Who else is on yours?!

Yeah, there's more. I think she's a wolf.
You've yet to provide a good reason why! Your vote for me yesterday included vague reasoning that you didn't explain, nor did you respond when I questioned it!
 
I don't believe that WZ is a wolf. I don't want to lynch her, but I will if it comes down to self-preservation.

I don't get why AM said that Ny needed to go but doesn't vote to lynch Ny.

Snow's justifications for attacking Stagg last night still skeeve me the wrong way. I have no other justification than that for why I want to vote Snow, and that she disappeared. I get it, life happens, but something doesn't sit right with me.

I also don't get the dolphin votes when there's two 🙂yeahright🙂 :yeahright: other front-runners.
 
I've had other players on my radar, and have talked about them every day! Who else is on yours?!


You've yet to provide a good reason why! Your vote for me yesterday included vague reasoning that you didn't explain, nor did you respond when I questioned it!
I think your defense of Shelter was calculated for maximum deniability. And you've been playing in a way that seems helpful but just feels a little off.

I'm not sure who else is in your pack though. I'm thinking capri or skimble, but not both. Possibly nyanko. Possibly snowy. Maybe mutts. :shrug:
 
Gwen and WZ are tied and you vote for dolphin? 😕

They weren't when I was posting my vote. I'll admit I could be wrong but I haven't seen a convincing argument for WZ or Gwen

I have dolphin leaning more wolf than gwen and WZ neutral atm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They weren't when I was posting my vote. I'll admit I could be wrong but I haven't seen a convincing argument for WZ or Gwen

I have dolphin leaning more wolf than gwen and WZ neutral atm
So are your feelings solely based on what you’ve said in the past post that I responded to already? Bc if that’s it, I don’t really see that as super convincing? (Obvs biased)
 
I think your defense of Shelter was calculated for maximum deniability. And you've been playing in a way that seems helpful but just feels a little off.

I'm not sure who else is in your pack though. I'm thinking capri or skimble, but not both. Possibly nyanko. Possibly snowy. Maybe mutts. :shrug:
All the times you've played with me...I'd expect better! You should know how many times I've been wrong like this, it happens just about every damn game!