I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No!! It's my gut talking!
Well, take some pepto and think it over using your head.
It would be kinda bizarre for two wolves to pile on AM one after another in that initial lynch (it was shelter, then Skimble...) so I've moved her lower on my list on re-read.

Also I really want to call you Skilary. lol.
That is my favorite nickname! 😍 I forget who came up with it, but I love it!
 
Day 3 Write-Up

Much deliberation went on during the day. How could someone so easily kill the Hex Maniac without leaving a trace of who they were? Everyone decided to go home and take a nap in the middle of the day instead of posting on thread. Maybe waking up refreshed would help.

tenor.gif


During the night, a few people had been sniffing out for some trouble.... and they certainly found it. A giant hole? Almost like someone had set a trap. Others still found reasons to be suspicious and tried to be subtle about it, but no one seemed to take heed. It took climbing onto the rooftop of a nearby gym and shouting to the group to actually draw attention.

Thankfully, that was enough for everyone to narrow their focus to one lavender-haired individual in the group. Wh.... why was he wearing a dress today? I mean, he always seemed pretty effeminate but at least he tried harder with his fake mustaches most of the time.....

team-rocket-mustache.jpg
FCbGZdo.jpg


It was time to turn this dude in to Officer Jenny. Someone grabbed him by the ear roughly and dragged him along, but before they could get to the police station, the Rocket-in-sheep's-clothing caught his tutu on an unreasonably strong branch. Pulling against it only increased the tension, and in one swift motion, James was flung into the air for probably the millionth time in his life. As we all know, gravity doesn't exist in Kanto when Rockets step off of the safety of soil, so everyone watched in awe as the villain (if you could call him that) disappeared into the deep blue sky, leaving nothing but a sparkle in his wake. Guess it was about time for him to blast off again.

Dead is @WildZoo, James- wolf blocker

They probably should have found his Victeebel's affinity for snacking on him a hint...

hqdefault.jpg

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
15. @Gwenevre
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfe – Scientist/Magnemite
5. @StayingPositive2017 – Blaine/Rapidash – Anonymous messenger

18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt/Poochyena
17. @Stagg737 – Fisherman/Magikarp
10. @MixedAnimals77 – Hex Maniac/Gastly
14. @johnnaboo – Erika/Vileplume - Post restrictor

7. @WildZoo – James/Victreebel, Wolf Blocker


Night Closes at 8 AM CST. ​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy
(1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim () -

21/24
Missing: Gwen, Glamm, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: allie

Day 3 Lynch Tally

allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (12) - Coffee, genny, nyan, Trilt, Gwen, Glamm, mutts, Melby, WZ!!!, Skim, Capri, allie
mutts () -
Dolph (1) - SAR
Gwen (3) - AM, Cray, dolph
Mel () -
Coffee? () -

17/18
Missing: Kara
 
Hey, AM, earlier I asked why you thought I needed to be looked at and I didn't see an answer? Do you still feel the same, and if so, can you elaborate?

I do not feel the same. I wanted to see if anyone else responded about you in that time frame and they failed to.
 
I guess I'll have to read the speed game; I'm already getting annoyed with how much is carrying over from that game.

And AM's little stunt has me scratching my head. Never have seen her pull anything like that and it feels weird.
You don't have to read it to understand my vote is a multi-game grudge vote and SAR's vote is a grudge vote from a different game.

Actually the speed game isn't even important.
 
if shelter is a bit of a noob (yes?) how would they know about the LIS rule?

even if not a noob, I smell some opportunism in the AM voters

this doesn't feel like a wolfy AM move, that's WIFOM anyway, but as said we have yet to see how effective LIS's rule is, and I know I'm one of the first to quote his playbook like scripture

I don't find this context to be one where I would think self-voting has any affiliation indicativeness, beyond the fact that I don't see it as a D1 AM wolf move

therefore I find people jumping on it at this point, to be more suspicious than the move itself

Pretty standard AM move in my book, I honestly don't think any wolf their salt would take that bait though, and this isn't shelter's first game (and she has wolfed and wolfed well before). I'd be surprised if she didn't know the LIS rule, she hasn't played a huge number of games but he was still playing when she started out and I feel like that rule is mentioned constantly.

So it's NAI for me, dawg.

I was WIFOM'ing it as a weak indicator since wolves could use it to get in an early vote and start driving the discussion.

Yup, I could see that...but with a newer player. I just don't think anyone who has played with AM touches that with a 10 foot pole as a wolf. After thinking on it some more I'm leaning village on shelter and skilary. To me it reads as a village AM move as well, she's not as on top of her tricks as a wolf.
 
Last edited:
Hmm. Where's my Karabou? I'd like her take on things (@Karabiner13)
I think there are several others who haven't checked in yet either. Have we heard from @dolphin106258 or @Trilt?

My vote is staying where it is for now. Maybe I'm biased because it's been a long time since I've played with a non-wolf Stagg. But the hairs on the back of my neck always get raised when people bring up being lynched "early" in previous games.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished re-reading and I still want Allie and Mel killed. And Dolphin.

Sketch
Allie - stuff I brought up d1 with non-committal throwaway statements. Pulled off SAR yesterday after role reveal but didn't move elsewhere when Shelter was in lead. Buncha mildly suspicious comments on WZ today but never pulled the trigger until late day. Feelz. At least 20% just me tunneling/wanting to be right. Lol.

Mel - Just, like, super insanely hedgey. He hasn't pushed anyone hard at all. The closest he came to pushing someone was Dolphin today... shortly after I bitched about him not pushing anyone. Again, he just doesn't feel right to me at all and at the very least, he really isn't being his normal fun player.*

*I haven't played with him in ages. I have ISO'd a couple of his recent games and they seem pushier so I don't think I'm 100% off base.**
**I am aware that he pushed a person who I'm about to list as sketchy in 0.1 of a second. I hate this game sometimes.


Dolphin - Also tons of hedging, and honestly, just no voting patterns or pushes to nudge more village. I'm giving village cred for lots of **** and she somehow ended up with none. That's sketchy.

Less Sketch (in rough order):
AM, Koffee, Genny... do I need to put reasons? See:yesterday.

Ny - D1 WZ vote (disclaimer! she would totally do this even if a fellow wolf) but trying out battling and discussing on thread drops her a little. It's risky to play with game design as a wolf imo.
SAR - Lynched shelter for self preservation when there was another option on the table, Dubz jumped on her lynch, Brock claim.
Crayola - Just reads village to me. Early shelter push. Is Crayola. :laugh:
Skimble - As mentioned, she immediately followed Shelter on the AM lynch. It could be wolfy, but it's sure an eggs in one basket situation.
Mutt - Shelter tried to push lynch that way early in the day she was lynched
Capri - Third vote on shelter when the vote really didn't have much momentum. Early WZ vote which can easily go both ways since she knew she was seered, but a later unlynch while "catching up" that makes me feel it was real.
Gwen - Similar situation to Capri; early Dubz vote then waffled off so ehh. Supporting hole info.

Glamm - Second vote on shelter, just general feelz. She is a really good wolf who has tricked me before so I'm putting a big ole grain of salt here.
Snowy - I wrote "note on WZ for cray" in my sheet and I have no idea what this means but it was a second tier village support in my system lol. whoops.
 
Probs not a popular thought but I don’t find the AM self vote as an indicator of wolfiness. I just can’t wrap my brain to the point of it being wolfy. I am pretty sure several people were rightfully confused right away, I think koffee, snowy, shelter and made comments about it after. But shelter and skim actually committed a vote. But Mixy commented on it, besides initial confusion and didn’t put a vote there. And I’ve gotten weird vibes from other posts as well. But this is the best concrete thing I’ve got.

Although on the other hand skim staying on the vote still confused me, but not having the gut feels. So for now I’m leaning in the Mixy direction.

Lynch Mixy

I dunno, seems to be the popular thought of the moment
 
FORGET IT
KILL ME

IDC

ME VOTING IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

If I voted where I wanted to the most I'd vote for Skimble. Her openers are so similar to Scientifically Silly game that for a friggin D1 vote is what I could pick up on. Genny is on mu list tok for as I referenced before. But, it's D1, these are weak arguments that I'm not able to push.

What are the similarities you are seeing? And how are they different from her village play?

In that game she dropped a vote, stated it wouldn't change unless something came up, then didn't engage with other conversations taking place in the day.

But as I said, it is d1 and there isn't much of a case, I just noticed it and it bugs me

Ok. But you don't know whether or not that is something she does as a villager?

It's never stood out on another occassion

Could it be the reason it stands out in your memory from a game where she was a wolf is that she was voting for you in that game?
If you're going to use meta as your reasoning, I'd expect you to verify it's actually a wolf meta, and not just in the player's meta. My memory disagrees with your analysis.

My point is that in any game since where she has been village I have not noticed it.

But you don't have to vote for her, I said it is not a strong argument it is something that I noticed and over other players' postings it bugs me.

I'm probably just being nitpicky again...but things like this bug me. Did you check to see how many games since then Skilary has played?

Am I supposed to check every piece of my argument? I'm on mobile I don't plan on doing that

Am I not allowed to have a weak D1 argument like any other player? All I said was it was very reminescent of something that happened in a previous game. It's D1. No one else is voting for her. Over the next days I'm sure either she will become more or less wolfy to everyone.

If you're going to use meta as your reasoning...yeah, I think there is some obligation on your part to fact check.

It's ok though, I did the leg work for you. She has played one other game since then, not including this one (Lurking). She was a wolf in that game.

And no, I'd expect something stronger when you, by your own admission, had a lot of time today and we have 9 pages of posts.
 
Last edited:
Also, interesting how few wish to lynch shelter. :thinking:
Why shelter?
I am wondering where she ran off to but my feelings on that exchange haven't changed
She's just been lurking the whole day. She's likely reappear after deadline when I'm lynched and acted shocked.
How do you know she's been lurking?
Because I define lurking as being here, reading the thread, and not posting. We had a lot of busy people sign up. I hope you're not assuming they are lurking just because they haven't been here.
Well that is interesting. When was this?
Last saw it happen around 6-ish.
Do you know which post it was?
 
Last edited:
That's great except it's been a sore spot for me even out of WW threads so it's verifiably not an act

@StayingPositive2017 even joked about voting for me next game based on it
I was not aware of this, but I'm sorry you feel that way. You definitely shouldn't take anything in WW personally. Do you know how many times WZ has personally lead a lynch against me while we were both village? It happened a lot during the first year I played. I still like her irl, and I may want to smack STL in the face, but in reality, I'd probably hug him.
I'm pretty sure I've turned that around now though! Last few times I've lynched you, you've been a wolf! At least, I think so anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current tally?
Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (3)
- SAR, Cray, grebes
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (2) - Paws, ny
grebes (1) - genny
allie (1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy (1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (2) - Kara, Mel
Skim (1) - Koffee

19/24
lynch close in ~1 hour

For some reason I though lynch close was at 9pm EST
This is better

@sheltermed I'd like to see a good reason for this liking/unliking of posts, and why you haven't posted anything all day if you've been around.

hi

I was at a Broadway play with my mom and we are just headed back home. I believe I liked one post accidentally (I don't remember whose) last night because mobile sux, and then I unliked it when I realized.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

How many times do I have to tell people not to use the app for WW...
In any case I'll let AM comment since I didn't see the thing, but I don't think this matches up with the timeline she gave
 
Last edited:
So I'm not particularly liking any of the leaders right now for votes.

What are people's thoughts on Dolphin, Grebes, and SAR?
dolphin - i think there were one or two things in her posts that raised an eyebrow? I can't remember now. I probably commented on them if they felt important.
grebes - neutral
SAR - honestly would have expected her to move her vote/have more to say by now, but if she hasn't been on then :shrug:

You do realize that between 2/3 of these and cray, you've been really looking hard at people voting for you, right? Might want to broaden your horizons...
 
Last edited:
@WildZoo tthese are a handful of D1/opening posts in 3 recent games

The middle two are from same game

This demonstrates that she did not make a blanket statement about not wanting to switch (last post demos a switch) participated in discussion, and commented on the tie factor whereas ties have been an issue today and that hasnt come up

Top one definitely wasn't from D1 so not sure how it factors in, bottom one wasn't she a wolf?
I really think you are picking at something that is NAI, and I would have expected more based on this game given the volume of posts and discussions between players that we already have. I don't really want this to turn into a "who can remember skimble's play better" type thing, because I fundamentally disagree with the idea that she's even doing the same thing here that she did in Scientifically Silly.

I do appreciate the effort. Just don't think I feel strongly enough about anyone else to switch my vote with 15 minutes to go.
No my point was there were village posts.
And that the first one wasn't d1 but was opening post
Oh gotcha. I wouldn't consider that quite the same as the random voting stage, even if it was her first post.
Looked back, realized Skim started Lurking as a villager and was converted later, so that's my bad for misremembering.

I don't think she's really doing the same thing she did in Scientifically Silly though. I mean, I realize I modded that game, so of course I knew she was a wolf, but it was a very obviously weird play to me there, to vote for you for something that happened in sign ups and be unwilling to budge. Here she is voting for AM for something AM did during the game and is unwilling to budge unless she explains herself. To me that is different.

This is probably irrelevant now since neither of you are leading candidates and you're not even voting for her anymore...
 
I'm not really going to speculate on the double kill since we've only got the one data point. For the moment will assume we have a single pack until evidence to the contrary.

First thought that popped in my head was those are unlikely early kills for cheezit, so he's bumped down my list for the moment.

AM I think was leaning village for most people, not too surprising of a kill. Unsure what to make of Paws, could have been random since it was N1. I don't think she got any votes yesterday.
 
Lynch koffee

To get things rolling. I'd like to see more of what she has to say about content in this game today.

Off the top of my head other potential wolf suspects are (in no particular order) SAR, dolphin, gwen.

Started with 24 players...that's a hard number, I think I'd probably run it at 4 originals and maybe a conditional convert.
 
lynch Cray yeah yeah, always tl;dr but I get a sense of "trying too hard" in some of her reads.
Really? All of her posts last night felt very village cray to me. Hit all the high points.
1) musings on WW theory
2) breakdown of all the players in the game
3) rehashing discussions that had already ended
4) same read of me as always

Which reads did you think were trying too hard?

###lynch dolphin###
The am kill isn't super surprising but the addition of paws is interesting makes me feel wolves perhaps didnt like the possibility of that inner trust circle leading me to less experienced players.
However what if they were unrelated and one was a nk and the other a battle kill[emoji848]

They sounded a little brutal for a battle...I didn't think people were supposed to die in those anyway

Lynch wz

This part of the post gives me feels. Sounds like Mixy might understand why.

? Unless I'm mistaken, nobody dies in Pokemon battles

And neither of these sound to me like people who were in the middle of a battle. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
 
And I also don't know whether or not AM came back as village 😉

Neither do I, and I asked before using it. Regardless, originals before converts. Also after seeing the wolf chat from Reading, I don't think AM is currently playing like a converted wolf.

Is it bad that I still agree with >half of Dubz' posts even knowing she was bad news? :laugh: I seriously give up on ever reading her right.

Me af right now. I was at a concert, but if I had been around my idiotic self prolly would have defended my village read on dubz until genny smacked me upside the head. You think I'd learn after being hardcore pocketed by wolves in numerous past games
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still would like to hear an explanation of this thought process for #reasons.

Y'all ain't talking about converts while I'm isoing, is ya?

I didnt realize the countdown was preparing us for that. I read it as you counting the first posts looking for something

This is the interaction im talking about as w/w:

😱
That sounds like a threat! You guys have a shot at getting one of them I think, but lol if you think you're gonna get the other! Maybe you'll surprise me! 😉

Threat? I meant I would feed them and take them for walks.