I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't care How you die. I care How you live

What's the deal with you and Gwen?

Was I talking to you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I cleared this up in the next post. It was more about placing a vote on a leader. I am now looking at those who opposed a shelter lynch.

How? Did you have something to do with the hole?

What do you mean by my place on the shelter wagon? I had feels on Shelter from day 1.

Questioning re. hole now looks wolfy

Was that the only reason you were voting WZ? or was there more?

Why gwen over the others?

Who draws the line between pressure and fishing? I don't care for her role, just if she knows from experience

Well, Mel's reasons about me are wrong, which seems to be a trend here

Dolphin got some sketch points after reading this:

but it also feels too obvious, that everyone they mentioned died

Edited: to finish thought
Perspective of mutt=wolf could appear to be drawing seer information

I may be reading too much into them but dolphin calls out intentionally avoiding jboo & mixy - then they're NK, votes capri instead of shelter and the defense is just to throw a vote out there - then stayed on capri

I'm reading capri more neutral than dolphin right now
The argument for dolphin is a little weird especially considering jboo was battle killed. No one eithef villager or wolf has admitted to that though.
They weren't when I was posting my vote. I'll admit I could be wrong but I haven't seen a convincing argument for WZ or Gwen

I have dolphin leaning more wolf than gwen and WZ neutral atm

Curious because the argument for WZ was imo a lot stronger than the one for dolphin.

Night 3 Results

Everyone slept soundly last night. With James long gone, less people felt inclined to participate in any funny business. Well… everyone slept soundly except Officer Jenny. She was on third shift, patrolling Cerulean City. Her growlithe bounced along ahead of her, his fluff blowing in the wind. They were hoping to track down another baddie tonight.

giphy.gif

Jenny stepped onto Nugget Bridge, making her typical rounds. Tap tap tap… Her heels echoed across the water. The water reflected a perfect image of the moon on its mirror-like surface, and Jenny stopped to admire it after stepping off the north side of the bridge. A cricket darted across the path, and Growlithe’s eyes narrowed. His black nose twitched rapidly in contemplation for several seconds before the puppy pounced after it into a bush.

tumblr_ncq4riHjfX1ttdkobo1_400.gif

Just a few moments of police dog distraction are enough to put their handler in danger. Growlithe was just crunching the insect up in his mouth, proud of catching a snack, when he heard footsteps – footsteps far too quick to be his partner’s. Growlithe’s tail stopped wagging, and he spun around to see a shadowy figure running away. Officer Jenny’s body was left face-down in the river.

The puppy raced to his beloved partner, distraught immediately. He leapt into the water and grasped her sleeve between his needle teeth, trying to pull her to land. Tears welled in his eyes. As inoffensive as the river was for most, it stung at the very heart of the fire type. But he did it. He pulled her out. And she took a breath.

giphy.gif

Growlithe licked his partner’s face, then collapsed to the ground. His eyes closed and heart slowed. As the world grew hazy, he worried that Officer Jenny would be okay. However, he knew that he had done his life’s work. He had been the Very Best Boy.

Dead is @Gwenevre, Officer Jenny – Tracker

And then Sporty cried because her childhood idol was dead.

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. @grebes4lyfe – Scientist/Magnemite
5. @StayingPositive2017 – Blaine/Rapidash – Anonymous messenger

18. @sheltermed - Team Rocket Grunt/Poochyena
17. @Stagg737 – Fisherman/Magikarp
10. @MixedAnimals77 – Hex Maniac/Gastly
14. @johnnaboo – Erika/Vileplume - Post restrictor

7. @WildZoo – James/Victreebel – Wolf Blocker
15. @Gwenevre – Officer Jenny/Growlithe - Tracker

Lynch Closes at 9 PM CST.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Night 3 Results

Everyone slept soundly last night. With James long gone, less people felt inclined to participate in any funny business. Well… everyone slept soundly except Officer Jenny. She was on third shift, patrolling Cerulean City. Her growlithe bounced along ahead of her, his fluff blowing in the wind. They were hoping to track down another baddie tonight.

giphy.gif

Jenny stepped onto Nugget Bridge, making her typical rounds. Tap tap tap… Her heels echoed across the water. The water reflected a perfect image of the moon on its mirror-like surface, and Jenny stopped to admire it after stepping off the north side of the bridge. A cricket darted across the path, and Growlithe’s eyes narrowed. His black nose twitched rapidly in contemplation for several seconds before the puppy pounced after it into a bush.

Just a few moments of police dog distraction are enough to put their handler in danger. Growlithe was just crunching the insect up in his mouth, proud of catching a snack, when he heard footsteps – footsteps far too quick to be his partner’s. Growlithe’s tail stopped wagging, and he spun around to see a shadowy figure running away. Officer Jenny’s body was left face-down in the river.

The puppy raced to his beloved partner, distraught immediately. He leapt into the water and grasped her sleeve between his needle teeth, trying to pull her to land. Tears welled in his eyes. As inoffensive as the river was for most, it stung at the very heart of the fire type. But he did it. He pulled her out. And she took a breath.

giphy.gif

Growlithe licked his partner’s face, then collapsed to the ground. His eyes closed and heart slowed. As the world grew hazy, he worried that Officer Jenny would be okay. However, he knew that he had done his life’s work. He had been the Very Best Boy.

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:

How dare you hurt my heart this much

Reactions: 5 users
Night 3 Results

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:

:cryi:
why does Pokemon WW always have to be so emotionally scarring...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Night 3 Results

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:

Really tho @genny. Should've been Officer Genny

Today is a mess. There were a lot of questionable decisions made yesterday. Anyone who had been following the thread should've known about Gwen which is why today I'm bothered in particular by @Animal Midwife and @dolphin106258 . but also still mutt and Skimble (sorry I can't get ocer it)
You were bothered by a self prez, and me having to be off the thread, bc that’s literally the only decision. Didn’t have time to follow the thread the rest of the time. I understand your concern but I don’t know what else to tell you.

Party foul, you made me cry at work :sendoff:

Today is a mess. There were a lot of questionable decisions made yesterday. Anyone who had been following the thread should've known about Gwen which is why today I'm bothered in particular by @Animal Midwife and @dolphin106258 . but also still mutt and Skimble (sorry I can't get ocer it)

:rolleyes: I'm not going to explain every nuance Koffee. There's reasons for every wagon I make.

Night 3 Results

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
6. @Animal Midwife
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @dolphin106258
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:

Party foul, you made me cry at work :sendoff:
He was a very good boy and tried to save you :(
tumblr_m9f9kkf9pC1rcwf0xo1_500.gif
STOP :cryi:

Growlithe may be gone but will never be forgotten
HatefulExcitableCicada-small.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Lynch allie

Because I'm nothing if not persistent?

Yesterday's play was the most villageish feeling of hers so I'm not convinced by any means, but I have soft nudges away from most other players so would like to continue pushing here.

D1: Hedge city, previously discussed.
D2: Nudged vote to SAR when it was on shelter mid-day, pulled off SAR and didn't vote anywhere at the final hour.
D3:
Interesting, since the post restrictor is dead
Which is why I haven't jumped on it yet. I can think of a few reasons to explain the qualms with WZ but at this point there's enough pressure on her and I want to see how she responds.
Not sure I 100% believe WZ, but it's very possible coffee was wolf blocked last night and that's why she fell in the hole before battling WZ
All comments hedging on voting for WZ but not committing.

If she was sure she was seered, this actually feels more village; it'd be more likely for wolves to jump on lynch early for cred. If it was iffy and Allie is fanged, she could be getting cred for pushing a little but not actually committing.

It doesn't sound like the notification is super super obvious despite :rolleyes::
Guys! Do you know what the best part is!

Every single thing I have posted today has been with the knowledge that I would be going down! If you have not gotten to experience the glory of being an outed (or soon to be outed!) wolf, let me just tell you, it is the best feeling in the world!

so who knows.

Unlynch Skimble
Lynch Trilt
Unsurprisingly, I'm also curious about a no justification lynch on someone whom you didn't list as a worry an hour earlier.

Have you ever seen that be a thing? It's an interesting assumption from a noob.

Not in WW. If TV has taught ne anything, its you dont trust people who come back from the dead.

Questioning re. hole now looks wolfy

Perspective of mutt=wolf could appear to be drawing seer information

The argument for dolphin is a little weird especially considering jboo was battle killed. No one eithef villager or wolf has admitted to that though.

Curious because the argument for WZ was imo a lot stronger than the one for dolphin.

Maybe I was tunneling and not actively considering WZ my mistake

i still think dolphin is a wolf for previous reasons and the responses to koffee's questions

lynch dolphin

Not in WW. If TV has taught ne anything, its you dont trust people who come back from the dead.

i still think dolphin is a wolf for previous reasons and the responses to koffee's questions

lynch dolphin

What are your reads on the remaining players outside of dolphin?

Because your post here makes it sound like you were educating yourself prior to voting
I was attempting to, I had a lot to read, and realized the lynch was close, and I knew I didn’t have much longer to be on and so I wanted to get a vote in, but also had to self prez at that point. Ideally I would’ve liked to finish reading before voting but that wasn’t possible.

lynch dolphin
All of koffee’s questions? One? I’d like some elaboration to be able to defend against...

I was attempting to, I had a lot to read, and realized the lynch was close, and I knew I didn’t have much longer to be on and so I wanted to get a vote in, but also had to self prez at that point. Ideally I would’ve liked to finish reading before voting but that wasn’t possible.
There was an exceptional amount of details early on and you had been posting for several hours. Even with a little that you read what possibly drew you to Gwen?

There was an exceptional amount of details early on and you had been posting for several hours. Even with a little that you read what possibly drew you to Gwen?
Clearly none of y’all play this game and do other things if you think I was continually caught up on the thread. Lots of times I respond to certain things, or go back and check relevant things, as well as respond to specific issues with me. I didn’t see genny’s “subtle” nudge for folks to vote WZ. And I really and truly had other things keeping me away from the thread from like 7 o’clock-ish onward.

So I’m sorry if that’s wolfy, I’ve been lynched for that before and been village so whatevs. Also I suck at reading WZ and don’t trust myself. See the game(i think it was wedding or after party or something) I was a seer and was trying to decide who to do first out of my most village suspects and did WZ who was a wolf that game.

Clearly none of y’all play this game and do other things if you think I was continually caught up on the thread. Lots of times I respond to certain things, or go back and check relevant things, as well as respond to specific issues with me. I didn’t see genny’s “subtle” nudge for folks to vote WZ. And I really and truly had other things keeping me away from the thread from like 7 o’clock-ish onward.

So I’m sorry if that’s wolfy, I’ve been lynched for that before and been village so whatevs. Also I suck at reading WZ and don’t trust myself. See the game(i think it was wedding or after party or something) I was a seer and was trying to decide who to do first out of my most village suspects and did WZ who was a wolf that game.
Gwen gave away she was a PR very early on. This is what baffles me for anyone lynching her.

Gwen gave away she was a PR very early on. This is what baffles me for anyone lynching her.
So let's just yell that. Let's immediately drop all suspicions on her and scream "SHE IS HINTING SHE TRACKED!!!" so that there's absolutely no obfuscation on the topic and a giant target painted on her back...

cheers,
"that one"

So let's just yell that. Let's immediately drop all suspicions on her and scream "SHE IS HINTING SHE TRACKED!!!" so that there's absolutely no obfuscation on the topic and a giant target painted on her back...

cheers,
"that one"
For one, it was already done. Any wolf could see it and know. They of course are going to wonder him hey we didnt block gwen how can she vouch that?

For two, in dolphin's case, she put her in danger by tying her with dolphin, forcing then GENNY to reveal.

But also, you have dolphin on your list, dont you? Why are you now defending her?

For one, it was already done. Any wolf could see it and know. They of course are going to wonder him hey we didnt block gwen how can she vouch that?

For two, in dolphin's case, she put her in danger by tying her with dolphin, forcing then GENNY to reveal.

But also, you have dolphin on your list, dont you? Why are you now defending her?
Pointing out strategy is not defending an individual.