I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For one, it was already done. Any wolf could see it and know. They of course are going to wonder him hey we didnt block gwen how can she vouch that?

For two, in dolphin's case, she put her in danger by tying her with dolphin, forcing then GENNY to reveal.

But also, you have dolphin on your list, dont you? Why are you now defending her?
Also the part at for two, what does that mean bc I’ve reread and cannot figure out what you’re saying. But I’m on test two of the day so that could be the explanation.
 
But fwiw, I absolutely will defend someone I'm suspicious of if I think their words are being misrepresented.

In the lynch we're discussing, I can see a newer player not necessarily catching what Gwen was putting down. Then she's second runner, maybe ISN'T a wolf so doesn't have wolf chat to point out that the tracker hint was dropped, and she votes for self prez as needed to, well, not die. Lol.

In an alternate reality, if WZ really was sure she was seered, wolf-Dolph could have turned the tide towards WZ and rode that sweet sweet cred.

Honestly I like the lynch less the more I discuss it, ha. Sure nobody else will join me on Allie?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you referring to her saying she hard vouched you were in the hole or had fallen in one?
She hard vouched falling in the hole, then withheld details, outright said she DIDNT fall in a hole but got her info about the hole D2, when I fell into it. Recall also from just a night earlier she was suspicious of me and suddenly was not.

Also the part at for two, what does that mean bc I’ve reread and cannot figure out what you’re saying. But I’m on test two of the day so that could be the explanation.

Meaning the leaders were WZ/Gwen/You and for Trilt's point to make sense you wouldnt then put Gwen in danger (she felt like it could've been protecting her)
But fwiw, I absolutely will defend someone I'm suspicious of if I think their words are being misrepresented.

In the lynch we're discussing, I can see a newer player not necessarily catching what Gwen was putting down. Then she's second runner, maybe ISN'T a wolf so doesn't have wolf chat to point out that the tracker hint was dropped, and she votes for self prez as needed to, well, not die. Lol.

In an alternate reality, if WZ really was sure she was seered, wolf-Dolph could have turned the tide towards WZ and rode that sweet sweet cred.

Honestly I like the lynch less the more I discuss it, ha. Sure nobody else will join me on Allie?
Dolphin is about just as new as I am. Not saying it isnt totally out of the realm of possibility that she missed it but I heavily doubt it, because it was a large part of the day. And that there was an argument put out for WZ, but not for Gwen. AM jumped on without an argument, followed blindly by Cray, and WZ.

There are other issues in the defense that genny had not yet revealed, so there was still a chance for WZ to be saved. And, a newer player is likely to be more hesitant to bus a wolf.
 
But fwiw, I absolutely will defend someone I'm suspicious of if I think their words are being misrepresented.

In the lynch we're discussing, I can see a newer player not necessarily catching what Gwen was putting down. Then she's second runner, maybe ISN'T a wolf so doesn't have wolf chat to point out that the tracker hint was dropped, and she votes for self prez as needed to, well, not die. Lol.

In an alternate reality, if WZ really was sure she was seered, wolf-Dolph could have turned the tide towards WZ and rode that sweet sweet cred.

Honestly I like the lynch less the more I discuss it, ha. Sure nobody else will join me on Allie?
I think AM seems like a weird wolf kill after all the deliberation on her. I'd almost blame things on battles (as Stagg describes above) but with the explicit description of her dying swiftly then having her body ravaged that doesn't necessarily sound like being beat down bit by bit.

now that I've just typed that, it's worth noting there is a move literally called swift that always hits first... I need more info on battle mechanics before more conclusions, but yeah, just generally feels that the kill didn't feel wolfy.

But Dubz wouldn't apparently. Hmm. Lol.

It's pretty darn close, though.

unlynch Mel
lynch dolphin

I ISO'd her and there's a whole lotta hedge. If she flips wolf it'd be nice because she has voted Mixy and Capri in the first rounds and that moves them slightly lower in the suspicions. If not, she sure hasn't given much to work with anyway.

Why did I lynch you.
Legit the first thing I thought of was that you are the only one that. I really believe, has not had a single lynch vote or discussion about??

The best wolves hide in plain sight.

You have selected 3 players to rotate your votes between and interestingly none are dead.

The original argument for Allie on D1 started from nothing. It could have worked against ny too just as easily. For what seemed like regular allie behavior you've kept on her this whole time.


What's with the comment to AM about WZ not leaving her alive to pocket? No one knew WZ was a wolf then.
 
Why did I lynch you.
Legit the first thing I thought of was that you are the only one that. I really believe, has not had a single lynch vote or discussion about??

The best wolves hide in plain sight.

You have selected 3 players to rotate your votes between and interestingly none are dead.

The original argument for Allie on D1 started from nothing. It could have worked against ny too just as easily. For what seemed like regular allie behavior you've kept on her this whole time.


What's with the comment to AM about WZ not leaving her alive to pocket? No one knew WZ was a wolf then.
Do you think I'm thrilled that nobody has followed me on Allie?

I don't pick my lynches for no reason. Ny does votes like she did D1 all the time; look into past games. I **** on her play style and butt heads almost every game we play together, lol.

Allie stating:
And AM's little stunt has me scratching my head. Never have seen her pull anything like that and it feels weird.
really caught my eye day one because it TOTALLY seemed like something AM would do. And Allie isn't known for her intensive engagement in games so:

I guess I'll have to read the speed game; I'm already getting annoyed with how much is carrying over from that game.
also felt disingenuous. Two comments in one post d1 that catch my eye? Lynch vote.

Then she ignored my further pressure and responded :asshat: when I brought the fact that she ignored me. What about this is a valid defense that means my vote should change away from her? Do you have a reason to think she isn't wolfy?


I already highlighted this earlier with my follow up lynch, but just so you can't say I'm not wholly justified; day two, this is the last vote tally when she dropped her vote on SAR:
D2 Literally Half the Roster Lynch tally:

shelter (4)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR
Coffee? (1) - Snowy
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ ()
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (3) - KB, mutts, Dubz
Mel (1) - Trilt
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts (1) - shelter
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

17/21

Lynch closes in ~1 hour.
Before we got to:
Lynch SAR for now. I'm kind of flabbergasted by the people throwing shade on ny right now.
Shelter swapped to SAR and Stagg dropped a vote for Ny.

This pushed SAR to the front of the lynch until she revealed. Allie later just dropped her SAR vote and didn't move to shelter or anyone else at the last second. I ISO'd her a bit and that's something she has done in past games as a villager, so it's not unheard of, but it is sketchy when the runner up is a wolf.

Then, yesterday - d3 - happened as I described earlier. See my spoiler on my lynch vote.

Is my vote unwarranted? Do you think it's just a crap throwaway? Or do you think something that caught my eye d1 simply hasn't been addressed?

I re-read 26 pages yesterday evening and notated lynch position and statements from the entire remaining field. Mel, Allie and dolphin were the ones who didn't have anything +village next to their names. That doesn't mean they're wolves... obviously wolves do things that are villagery all the time. But it means I'm going to keep my focus there until I'm satisfied.

What's with the comment to AM about WZ not leaving her alive to pocket? No one knew WZ was a wolf then.
I followed up with AM that it was a not great landing joke.
 
D4 Lynch Tally
Skimble ()
allie (2) - Trilt, AM
Trilt ()
Dolphin (3) - mutts, Melby, Coffee

5/16
Lynch closes in ~ 6.5 hours.

tenor.gif
 
Well I'll stick with my allie vote especially after the WZ flip

LYnch Allie

Have read the thread, but gimme a couple hours and I'll be free to write out more analysis.
 
She hard vouched falling in the hole, then withheld details, outright said she DIDNT fall in a hole but got her info about the hole D2, when I fell into it. Recall also from just a night earlier she was suspicious of me and suddenly was not.



Meaning the leaders were WZ/Gwen/You and for Trilt's point to make sense you wouldnt then put Gwen in danger (she felt like it could've been protecting her)

Dolphin is about just as new as I am. Not saying it isnt totally out of the realm of possibility that she missed it but I heavily doubt it, because it was a large part of the day. And that there was an argument put out for WZ, but not for Gwen. AM jumped on without an argument, followed blindly by Cray, and WZ.

There are other issues in the defense that genny had not yet revealed, so there was still a chance for WZ to be saved. And, a newer player is likely to be more hesitant to bus a wolf.
Do you think maybe it might just so happen you think it’s a large part I shouldn’t have missed bc it was directly related to you so you were keyed into it. Also if I haven’t made this clear yet to you I wasn’t playing at even 50% yesterday.

So I’m new enough to be hesitant to bus a wolf? But not new enough to miss something or come to the incorrect conclusion. Cool.
 
All of koffee’s questions? One? I’d like some elaboration to be able to defend against...

All of them, specifically the answers below. Do you have a stronger defense for someone else outside of self-pres?

You were bothered by a self prez, and me having to be off the thread, bc that’s literally the only decision. Didn’t have time to follow the thread the rest of the time. I understand your concern but I don’t know what else to tell you.

Clearly none of y’all play this game and do other things if you think I was continually caught up on the thread. Lots of times I respond to certain things, or go back and check relevant things, as well as respond to specific issues with me. I didn’t see genny’s “subtle” nudge for folks to vote WZ. And I really and truly had other things keeping me away from the thread from like 7 o’clock-ish onward.

So I’m sorry if that’s wolfy, I’ve been lynched for that before and been village so whatevs. Also I suck at reading WZ and don’t trust myself. See the game(i think it was wedding or after party or something) I was a seer and was trying to decide who to do first out of my most village suspects and did WZ who was a wolf that game.

What are your reads on the remaining players outside of dolphin?

Wolfy - dolphin
Sketch - AM, trilt, snowy
Neutral - Skim, SAR, capri, mel, koffee, ny, cray
No clue - Glam, kara, allie

**********
Or, if you're watching Supernatural, don't trust that anyone is ever going to stay dead
*********
OT - i think thats gonna be my next binge series
 
Sorry, not going to battle you all (har har) over this. Go ahead and lynch me. I personally think Trilt is stuck in tunnel-land and wish she would put this much effort towards finding a real wolf, because it's not me.
Someone battled me last night, must have had a weak pokemon compared to my Machop as he only lost a little HP.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, not going to battle you all (har har) over this. Go ahead and lynch me. I personally think Trilt is stuck in tunnel-land and wish she would put this much effort towards finding a real wolf, because it's not me.
Someone battled me last night, must have had a weak pokemon compared to my Machop as he only lost a little HP.

Who should we be lynching instead?
 
No one looks sketchy to you?
Honestly, the more that people tunnel me as a villager the more I start looking at *them*, however retaliatory that may seem. And someone else mentioned that Trilt is someone who hasn't been discussed at length all that much. So I kind of want to lynch her the more she pushes for my lynch. At some point in every game, I'm an easy lynch for inactivity. I can't count the number of times I've unlynched close to deadline or not placed a lynch vote...this is nothing new yet it's one of her main sticking points for me. She just wants to "be right" about me and it's not going to happen lol.

If I stay neck and neck with dolphin I'll most likely be voting there today.
 
Sorry, not going to battle you all (har har) over this. Go ahead and lynch me. I personally think Trilt is stuck in tunnel-land and wish she would put this much effort towards finding a real wolf, because it's not me.
Someone battled me last night, must have had a weak pokemon compared to my Machop as he only lost a little HP.
Does it really count as tunneling when I come back to someone after reviewing the whole thread?

There's hours and hours left, defend a little, tell me why I'm wrong and who should die instead.
 
Does it really count as tunneling when I come back to someone after reviewing the whole thread?

There's hours and hours left, defend a little, tell me why I'm wrong and who should die instead.
Hours and hours that I don't have to sit here and defend myself. Defending as a villager is frustrating and exhausting. I'd rather just let is happen and chuckle to myself about how wrong you are.
 
At some point in every game, I'm an easy lynch for inactivity.
Not a reason given at all?
I can't count the number of times I've unlynched close to deadline or not placed a lynch vote...this is nothing new yet it's one of her main sticking points for me.
I literally went and looked at your past games and saw that you've done that before (as a villager in the game I saw!), and posted as such. It isn't that you unlynched near deadline. It's that you unlynched near deadline with a wolf up in second.

I'm not set in lynching you but giving no defense is ridiculous. Why play a game if you roll over and die?
 
Honestly, the more that people tunnel me as a villager the more I start looking at *them*, however retaliatory that may seem. And someone else mentioned that Trilt is someone who hasn't been discussed at length all that much. So I kind of want to lynch her the more she pushes for my lynch. At some point in every game, I'm an easy lynch for inactivity. I can't count the number of times I've unlynched close to deadline or not placed a lynch vote...this is nothing new yet it's one of her main sticking points for me. She just wants to "be right" about me and it's not going to happen lol.

If I stay neck and neck with dolphin I'll most likely be voting there today.

Okay, but why are you village this game? What villagey things have you done. Would you lynch someone who chooses not to defend?
 
Not a reason given at all?

I literally went and looked at your past games and saw that you've done that before (as a villager in the game I saw!), and posted as such. It isn't that you unlynched near deadline. It's that you unlynched near deadline with a wolf up in second.

I'm not set in lynching you but giving no defense is ridiculous. Why play a game if you roll over and die?
Because I don't know how to defend against the reasons you're giving? I can't help that you think I've played poorly as a villager. Sorry. I *hate* last minute waffle fests because more often than not we lynch a defenseless villager. Which is why I said that even if my phone had battery life left at the end of that lynch, I may not have voted for shelter anyway. I personally was never on the shelter-train in thinking that she was a wolf...I vote for people I think are wolfy and I just wasn't feeling it at the time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to see you pushing/casing more people. Even village reads are useful. Just want to know where your thoughts are in light of two wolf lynches.
So you can't pinpoint anything I've done that's wolfy, you just want me to participate more? This is exactly what I said earlier- I'm an easy lynch for quietness. But I guess I can't blame you because of my last outing as a wolf LOL

I don't "case" people, I don't push people. I can't change my gameplay style just to fit your wants and needs. So as I said earlier, I'm ok being lynched mid game as a villager for those reasons. Have at it.
 
All of them, specifically the answers below. Do you have a stronger defense for someone else outside of self-pres?







Wolfy - dolphin
Sketch - AM, trilt, snowy
Neutral - Skim, SAR, capri, mel, koffee, ny, cray
No clue - Glam, kara, allie


OT - i think thats gonna be my next binge series
I feel like you are not reading my posts. I posted when I gave the self prez vote, if I was available to be on thread I would vote Snowy, bc of the whole explanation around battling Stagg and him dying. Normally I don’t always vote self prez and vote where I think, which would’ve been snowy but I wasn’t able to be on so I knew self prez was the best place. Bc you know I didn’t want to die, I want to preserve my life.
 
i'd rather vote for mutts today

is this an invitation of some sort?
Nope, genuinely just curious, as if you think I'm sketchy I guess my thoughts would be that you'd rather see me go down and not spread the votes even thinner. But I'd certainly like to live.
 
Sorry, not going to battle you all (har har) over this. Go ahead and lynch me. I personally think Trilt is stuck in tunnel-land and wish she would put this much effort towards finding a real wolf, because it's not me.
Someone battled me last night, must have had a weak pokemon compared to my Machop as he only lost a little HP.
Does anyone know a team rocket member with a machop?
 
Coffee,

do you have a lean on all the players at this point?

I know you're village but sometimes I get perplexed by your pushes.
Who should I be pushing? The village tracker? 😛
I do have leans. I reevaluate them regularly. Going back to my village list and thinking wait why did I have them village? Is a lot of where my pushes come from. Because I believe a wolf will look more village than wolf on the surface but go deep and theyre... Not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who should I be pushing? The village tracker? 😛
I do have leans. I reevaluate them regularly. Going back to my village list and thinking wait why did I have them village? Is a lot of where my pushes come from. Because I believe a wolf will look more village than wolf on the surface but go deep and theyre... Not.

Ideally, no attention (positive or negative) should be drawn to a village PR unless they're in immediate danger. Can you explain the last sentence? Catch-all statement or related to this particular game?
 
Do you think I'm thrilled that nobody has followed me on Allie?

I don't pick my lynches for no reason. Ny does votes like she did D1 all the time; look into past games. I **** on her play style and butt heads almost every game we play together, lol.

Allie stating:

really caught my eye day one because it TOTALLY seemed like something AM would do. And Allie isn't known for her intensive engagement in games so:


also felt disingenuous. Two comments in one post d1 that catch my eye? Lynch vote.

Then she ignored my further pressure and responded :asshat: when I brought the fact that she ignored me. What about this is a valid defense that means my vote should change away from her? Do you have a reason to think she isn't wolfy?


I already highlighted this earlier with my follow up lynch, but just so you can't say I'm not wholly justified; day two, this is the last vote tally when she dropped her vote on SAR:

Before we got to:

Shelter swapped to SAR and Stagg dropped a vote for Ny.

This pushed SAR to the front of the lynch until she revealed. Allie later just dropped her SAR vote and didn't move to shelter or anyone else at the last second. I ISO'd her a bit and that's something she has done in past games as a villager, so it's not unheard of, but it is sketchy when the runner up is a wolf.

Then, yesterday - d3 - happened as I described earlier. See my spoiler on my lynch vote.

Is my vote unwarranted? Do you think it's just a crap throwaway? Or do you think something that caught my eye d1 simply hasn't been addressed?

I re-read 26 pages yesterday evening and notated lynch position and statements from the entire remaining field. Mel, Allie and dolphin were the ones who didn't have anything +village next to their names. That doesn't mean they're wolves... obviously wolves do things that are villagery all the time. But it means I'm going to keep my focus there until I'm satisfied.


I followed up with AM that it was a not great landing joke.
Thanks for the thorough response. Actually, it's a good argument as you laid it out here. I don't see Allie as a wolf, but the argument is good
 
why are the responses so spaced mutts?

Work & all staff meeting day :sorry:

Okay, what does sketch mean and what's the difference between neutral and no clue?
Sketch = leaning wolfy
neutral = leaning village
no clue = would like to hear more from

I feel like you are not reading my posts. I posted when I gave the self prez vote, if I was available to be on thread I would vote Snowy, bc of the whole explanation around battling Stagg and him dying. Normally I don’t always vote self prez and vote where I think, which would’ve been snowy but I wasn’t able to be on so I knew self prez was the best place. Bc you know I didn’t want to die, I want to preserve my life.

Or maybe you're not understanding my question. You said all of that pre-WZ flip. Do you still feel that way now?