• Hopkins

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
That Hopkins name is so hard to turn down, but Penn is incredible. 95% @ Penn but want to get some feedback whether or not ppl think I'm crazy.

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
1) i doubt the answers you'll get here will be any different from those you got in your old thread
2) gotta make your own decision. go to revisits, consider financial aid, and ultimately choose where you'll be happy. the slight difference in prestige is likely irrelevant for residency placement - students at both schools do very well for themselves.

OP
N
Oct 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
yeah sorry i just wanted to attach a poll on it ( i forgot last night)

JasonE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2008
Status
no one will think you're crazy or really care. just go to what you feel more comfortable. and penn could give you $, which would make it a no brainer

bobsmith

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status
You're definitely not crazy. If you felt like you were a better fit at Penn/in Philily and the only thing holding you back from Penn is the "name-brand" of Hopkins, go to Penn.

I seriously doubt that going to Hopkins magically opens doors that Penn wouldn't.

sleepy425

10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
there are a ton of people in my class who chose Penn over Hopkins. I'm loving it at Penn, and I think most of my class feels the same way.

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I'm pretty sure I would take Penn over Hopkins, especially if they gave me money.

It just seems that everyone likes it there so much.

JasonE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2008
Status
penn for the social life for sure. great school really loved it there.

cost of living should be comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.