2020-2021 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Johns Hopkins University

Members don't see this ad.

Oh how time flies! Graduating MS4 and happy to answer any questions!

Stats [source]
- 6,016 applicants
- 4,297 secondaries completed (no screen)
- 856 interviewed (MD) + 71 interviewed (MSTP)
- In sum, about 1/3 accepted outright, waitlisted, and rejected
- 256 total acceptances
-120 matriculated (10-12 MSTP students)

*There is no in-state bias and international students are welcome.*

Requirements (see helpful FAQ)

2019-2020 Secondary Application (there is no screen)

1. Briefly describe your single, most rewarding experience. Feel free to refer to an experience previously described in your AMCAS application.
2. Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment.
3. Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician.
4. Briefly describe a situation where you were not in the majority. What did you learn from the experience?

Optional: The Admissions Committee values hearing about each candidate for admission, including what qualities the candidate might bring to the School of Medicine if admitted. If you feel there is information not already addressed in the application that will enable the Committee to know more about you and this has influenced your desire to be a physician, feel free to write a brief statement in the space below. You may address any subject you wish, such as being a first generation college student, or being a part of a minority group (whether because of your sexual orientation, religion, economic status, gender identity, ethnicity) or being the child of undocumented immigrants or being undocumented yourself, etc. Please note that this question is optional and that you will not be penalized should you choose not to answer it.

Last year the word limit for all was 9999 characters, but previous years' limits were 1000 characters. As a former adcom member, I recommend you keep 'em more in the 1000 chara neighbourhood.

2019-2020 Important Dates
First secondary: July 2nd, 2019 (note that it can take a while to be marked as complete)
First interview: July 29th, 2019
First acceptances, waitlist, & post interview rejections: December 13th, 2019 via portal update (with email alert)
First pre-interview rejection: December 12th, 2019
First waitlist acceptance: May 5th, 2020

JHU is semi-rolling, so post-interview decisions are relayed solely in Dec, Jan, and March. As per JHU’s Facebook page, waitlist movement usually occurs by mid-May. The waitlist is unranked, and there is no differentiation between alternate list vs. waitlist.

Update Letter Policy
Updates are not accepted pre-interview. Post-interview updates may be sent to the admissions office.

Curriculum **unsure what changes may be applied with covid19**
Genes to Society 1.5 year condensed preclinical.
  • Preclinical has been P/F since 2009.
  • Pass is set to 70%
  • Clinicals are graded honours/high pass/pass/fail
  • Lectures are non-mandatory and recorded; labs and small group activities have ~80% required attendance
  • Flexible Step1 policy as of 2019 (can be taken preceding, between, or after MS3 clinicals)
Interview **pending covid19 policies**
One faculty interview, one MS4 student interview. Faculty and student interview is open-file.

While waiting for interviews you will be in a "fishbowl" waiting room, where you can interact with the MS4s (you will be pulled aside by one for the student interview). You are technically under evaluation during this time, but don't fret or fuss – just don't sit on your phone/heckle your peers/fall asleep and you ought to be fine.

How Much Time Do I Get to Study For Step? **could change with covid19 and P/F step1**

"Since Hopkins operates on 9-week blocks, most students allocate one block for boards studying, often using 6-7 weeks to study and 2-3 weeks for vacation. Students who feel a strong command of the subject matter can often complete studying in four weeks, but weak test takers have taken up to 13 weeks in the past. Students who use more time to study have less time for elective rotations. Because the summer term has an extra four weeks, students can use this time in combination with the prior or subsequent term to have 13 weeks for studying." [Source: Class MedWiki]

Clinical Rotation Sites
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (mothership, vast majority of rotations)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview (2nd most common site, 15 min away and has all Hopkins residents)

[You may or may not rotate at the following sites – typically <4w at a time]
- Sinai Hospital (private community hospital)
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (private community hospital)
- Addl sites: Howard County General Hospital, St Agnes Hospital, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Outpatient surgery/clinics at Johns Hopkins Green Spring Station and/or White Marsh
- Various community health clinics and offices in Baltimore City + County (particularly for longitudinal clerkship)

Research/Add'l Degrees
- ~3k extended MS1 summer to all doing a project with a Hopkins preceptor (called the Scholarly Concentration project)
- about a dozen Deans Year Scholars (~35k) extended per year for a dedicated research year
- annual funding allotted per student ($350) to support conference attendance
- one-time $700 fund to support most international experiences
- about a dozen students pursue a MPH at Bloomberg each year (partial and full scholarships may be applied for)
- students are allowed to take a year (or years) at another institution for dual degrees (ex: MPH, MBA)

Financial Aid
  • Prior to 2019-2020, JHU offered a $20,500 unit loan and need based aid only. This past cycle a limited number of full-ride offers were extended. Annual full COA is ~80k (tuition ~54k).
  • As of 2018, average indebtedness was $104,016.
  • 74% of students are awarded need-based scholarship; avg scholarship amount of $36,252
Of Note + FAQs
  • Johns Hopkins Admissions has a periodically updated Facebook page. Check it out.
  • There is no internal ranking in the preclinical years. MSPEs do not confer a ranking or graded superlatives, though grade histograms are appended to the document.
  • AOA is conducted post-match
  • If Match lists tickle your fancy, efle has compiled them from 2017-2020!

Reactions: 11 users
Oh how time flies! Graduating MS4 and happy to answer any questions!

Stats [source]
- 6,016 applicants
- 4,297 secondaries completed (no screen)
- 856 interviewed (MD) + 71 interviewed (MSTP)
- In sum, about 1/3 accepted outright, waitlisted, and rejected
- 256 total acceptances
-120 matriculated (10-12 MSTP students)

*There is no in-state bias and international students are welcome.*

Requirements (see helpful FAQ)

2019-2020 Secondary Application (there is no screen)

1. Briefly describe your single, most rewarding experience. Feel free to refer to an experience previously described in your AMCAS application.
2. Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment.
3. Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician.
4. Briefly describe a situation where you were not in the majority. What did you learn from the experience?

Optional: The Admissions Committee values hearing about each candidate for admission, including what qualities the candidate might bring to the School of Medicine if admitted. If you feel there is information not already addressed in the application that will enable the Committee to know more about you and this has influenced your desire to be a physician, feel free to write a brief statement in the space below. You may address any subject you wish, such as being a first generation college student, or being a part of a minority group (whether because of your sexual orientation, religion, economic status, gender identity, ethnicity) or being the child of undocumented immigrants or being undocumented yourself, etc. Please note that this question is optional and that you will not be penalized should you choose not to answer it.

Last year the word limit for all was 9999 characters, but previous years' limits were 1000 characters. As a former adcom member, I recommend you keep 'em more in the 1000 chara neighbourhood.

2019-2020 Important Dates
First secondary: July 2nd, 2019 (note that it can take a while to be marked as complete)
First acceptances, waitlist, & post interview rejections: December 13th, 2019 via portal update (with email alert)
First pre-interview rejection: December 12th, 2019
First waitlist acceptance: May 5th, 2020

JHU is semi-rolling, so post-interview decisions are relayed solely in Dec, Jan, and March. As per JHU’s Facebook page, waitlist movement usually occurs by mid-May. The waitlist is unranked, and there is no differentiation between alternate list vs. waitlist.

Update Letter Policy
Updates are not accepted pre-interview. Post-interview updates may be sent to the admissions office.

Curriculum **unsure what changes may be applied with covid19**
Genes to Society 1.5 year condensed preclinical.
  • Preclinical has been P/F since 2009.
  • Pass is set to 70%
  • Clinicals are graded honours/high pass/pass/fail
  • Lectures are non-mandatory and recorded; labs and small group activities have ~80% required attendance
  • Flexible Step1 policy as of 2019 (can be taken preceding, between, or after MS3 clinicals)
Interview **pending covid19 policies**
One faculty interview, one MS4 student interview. Faculty and student interview is open-file.

While waiting for interviews you will be in a "fishbowl" waiting room, where you can interact with the MS4s (you will be pulled aside by one for the student interview). You are technically under evaluation during this time, but don't fret or fuss – just don't sit on your phone/heckle your peers/fall asleep and you ought to be fine.

How Much Time Do I Get to Study For Step? **could change with covid19 and P/F step1**

"Since Hopkins operates on 9-week blocks, most students allocate one block for boards studying, often using 6-7 weeks to study and 2-3 weeks for vacation. Students who feel a strong command of the subject matter can often complete studying in four weeks, but weak test takers have taken up to 13 weeks in the past. Students who use more time to study have less time for elective rotations. Because the summer term has an extra four weeks, students can use this time in combination with the prior or subsequent term to have 13 weeks for studying." [Source: Class MedWiki]

Clinical Rotation Sites
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (mothership, vast majority of rotations)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview (2nd most common site, 15 min away and has all Hopkins residents)

[You may or may not rotate at the following sites – typically <4w at a time]
- Sinai Hospital (private community hospital)
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (private community hospital)
- Addl sites: Howard County General Hospital, St Agnes Hospital, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Outpatient surgery/clinics at Johns Hopkins Green Spring Station and/or White Marsh
- Various community health clinics and offices in Baltimore City + County (particularly for longitudinal clerkship)

Research/Add'l Degrees
- ~3k extended MS1 summer to all doing a project with a Hopkins preceptor (called the Scholarly Concentration project)
- about a dozen Deans Year Scholars (~35k) extended per year for a dedicated research year
- annual funding allotted per student ($350) to support conference attendance
- one-time $700 fund to support most international experiences
- about a dozen students pursue a MPH at Bloomberg each year (partial and full scholarships may be applied for)
- students are allowed to take a year (or years) at another institution for dual degrees (ex: MPH, MBA)

Financial Aid
  • Prior to 2019-2020, JHU offered a $20,500 unit loan and need based aid only. This past cycle a limited number of full-ride offers were extended. Annual full COA is ~80k (tuition ~54k).
  • As of 2018, average indebtedness was $104,016.
  • 74% of students are awarded need-based scholarship; avg scholarship amount of $36,252
Of Note + FAQs
  • Johns Hopkins Admissions has a periodically updated Facebook page. Check it out.
  • There is no internal ranking in the preclinical years. MSPEs do not confer a ranking or graded superlatives, though grade histograms are appended to the document.
Is that an usual number of people not returning secondaries? Why would so many people (almost 30%) pay to submit a primary and then not return the secondary? What happens in those few weeks? Is that typical for most schools? If not, what sets JHU apart in this regard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that an usual number of people not returning secondaries? Why would so many people (almost 30%) pay to submit a primary and then not return the secondary? What happens in those few weeks? Is that typical for most schools? If not, what sets JHU apart in this regard?

No idea what the average secondary response rate is across schools, but I'm sure the reasons are multifarious: cost, writing fatigue, receiving a post-submission MCAT score/retake that is sub-par, re-evaluation of school preferences, etc. I personally did not complete all of the secondaries I reicieved, in large part to the first two reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
The preclinical pass rate for exams set at 70%, is it common to fail? Is this mentioned in MSPE? @hellanutella

I'd say it's pretty uncommon to fail, though I've known people to have failed (prob <5%)? It's an un-curved 70% so there's no set number that "have" to fail. If you do fail a block, the administration springs into action to figure out what you/they need to do differently. Hopkins is not a school that shows struggling students the boot or has a big preclinical cull; our attrition rate is stupendously low. In the past 4 years I have not heard of anyone being dismissed.

Preclinical failures are, to the best of my knowledge, not reported in the MSPE so that it's more like a "pass now, pass later" system. (At least this was the case when I matriculated).

Will say failing during preclinical does put some folks in a tricky spot, because the curriculum does not pause. Studying for a retake exam alongside a new unit, which already chugging along at full speed, can be a recipe for disaster. If you need extra time to retake, the seasonal breaks or elective "TIME" course weeks are usually the best time to catch up.

How friendly is JHU towards international and non-traditional students? Do you see a presence of PhDs to MDs among the student body? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
How friendly is JHU towards international and non-traditional students? Do you see a presence of PhDs to MDs among the student body? Thank you!

Super international friendly as far as US schools go. In my cohort of 120 we had 3 former PhDs and 5-6 international students. I'd say at least 50% of my class had taken >1 yr off following college and maybe 20% came in with an additional graduate degree.

I'd also say we're non-trad friendly, though (anecdotally) the more recent cohorts have trended towards the traditional end. I don't know if that's a matriculation bias, my own personal sample bias, or something else. Can't find any exact data on age trends right now.

Does anyone know about the medicine simulation center at JHUSOM? Are students graded on this and how intense it it? Do they have this at other schools?

Does anyone know about the medicine simulation center at JHUSOM? Are students graded on this and how intense it it? Do they have this at other schools?

It's a facility where you can practice exam skills on standardized patients (and also has some sim trauma/ED bays to practice procedures and trauma response on fancy tech mannequins). These are largely P/F experiences, as they are primarily for learning, but there are standardized encounters at the tail end of select clinical rotations (ED, surg, OBGYN, medicine, neuro) that contribute to your overall grade (maybe 10-15% of overall grade?). I don't think anyone tanked their grade on these; most I know scored about average on them.

Many schools I interviewed at had such facilities. Not everyone may have a center as big as Hopkins or all their fancy mannequins, but all should have standardized patients and simulated trauma/code response!

@hellanutella Is a car necessary for clinical years? If not, how feasible is it without a car?

MS1-2: definitely not necessary, but does make life a bit easier – ex: if you want to go hiking in the county, trips to Trader Joe's, etc. However, with the free Lyft program, I think it makes a car even less essential as you can get to most places in the city for free.

MS3-4: I had a fair number of classmates go without a car (or that didn't even have licenses). Again, we get $336 in Lyft credits a month good for transport between JHH and most of Baltimore City between 5pm-7am, so that's usually enough to carry you through most local rotations. However, if you do get assigned to Bayview, Sinai, or any other regional site in Baltimore County the credits won't extend there. You'll have to shell out on Lyfts for those rotations (or find a classmate able to carpool).

I had a car all 4 years, but if I could do it over again I would have only brought it for MS3-4 as garage parking can be pricey and street parking in many areas of Baltimore a huge pain in the butt.

Legit one my dream schools! best of luck to everyone applying :)))

Super international friendly as far as US schools go. In my cohort of 120 we had 3 former PhDs and 5-6 international students. I'd say at least 50% of my class had taken >1 yr off following college and maybe 20% came in with an additional graduate degree.

I'd also say we're non-trad friendly, though (anecdotally) the more recent cohorts have trended towards the traditional end. I don't know if that's a matriculation bias, my own personal sample bias, or something else. Can't find any exact data on age trends right now.

Awesome, thanks a lot! Where do students live, and when do they start looking for housing? A month or two before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks a lot! Where do students live, and when do they start looking for housing? A month or two before?

Going to link my stuff about housing from a previous thread here (as I can't seem to figure out how to quote myself).

And yep – a month or two prior to start date sounds about right!

Of Note + FAQs
Just wanted to clarify about preclinicals and ranking.

So there is no difference between getting a 71% or 95%?

What is the point of grade histograms then? or is that for clinical years?

And one more question about the curriculum. Did you feel it prepared you well for Step 1? Or did you end up having to study for lecture and study for step because the material didn't overlap? Heard a few horror stories from friends in school now who studied lecture thinking it would overlap well and then were painfully surprised come dedicated/step time.

Last edited:
Just wanted to clarify about preclinicals and ranking.

So there is no difference between getting a 71% or 95%?

What is the point of grade histograms then? or is that for clinical years?

And one more question about the curriculum. Did you feel it prepared you well for Step 1? Or did you end up having to study for lecture and study for step because the material didn't overlap? Heard a few horror stories from friends in school now who studied lecture thinking it would overlap well and then were painfully surprised come dedicated/step time.

No difference between 71 and 95 for the preclinicals.

The grade histograms were for clinicals (MS3-MS4), however this may be thrown for a loop due to covid19 (some clinicals had to move to P/F for pandemic, but this creates uneven playing field across rotations, so school is currently assessing what they'd like to do with clinical grades). It's an evolving picture right now. I (personally) hope they move to P/F for clinicals and keep it that way, but can't promise anything.

I feel like MS1-2 covered probably 90% of what was on step (the 10% that was lacking was pharm, but I just ran through sketchypharm to memorize the meds). Either way, Step1 period is like a preclinical capstone time where you'll revisit (and relearn) everything. In previous years, the curriculum review committee worked to ensure the lecture content aligned more with FirstAid. However, all this will be less of a priority for y'all as you'll be taking the P/F step1! What'll be more interesting is to see what they do for Step2 CK.

@hellanutella What do the 3 summer breaks look like for you guys? Are students required to do anything over these breaks? If not, what do students usually do? Thanks in advance!!

@hellanutella What do the 3 summer breaks look like for you guys? Are students required to do anything over these breaks? If not, what do students usually do? Thanks in advance!!
MS1-2: 12 week break – required to do 8 weeks of research (scholarly concentration project). Some folks do a clinical project and spend the whole summer remote, others do research/travel internationally, etc. I did about 8 weeks on-campus at Hopkins since I was doing original data collection (and also did plenty of socializing/relaxing) and then went abroad for 4 wks with classmates.
MS2-3: depends on your step 1 schedule. Most people take a block of time known as S3 (summer 3) off, which equates to 4 weeks. I took a shorter than usual amount of time to study for Step1 and then 4 weeks abroad right after, so I took an infectious disease rotation during S3.
MS3-4: contingent on away rotations. I applied into a specialty that required at least two so I got no vacation time – I was hustling to complete aways and then did my Step 2 CS/CK studying and exams right afterwards ): Classmates w/o away rotations generally had a grand time and took about 4 weeks off.

That said, with 4 weeks (on average) for summer, 2 weeks for spring break, and 2 weeks for winter that's plenty of play time each year to do fun stuff! Now in a residency with 3wks a year for vacation max, I really miss my Hopkins years.

The website's letter requirements are 2 sci and 1 nonsci. In addition, for nontrads with work or graduate experience, one additional letter from a supervisor in this experience is required as well. There is no max listed and MSAR says the max is 3. Does this mean JHU doesn't want my PI letter?

Also have a question regarding LORs:
The website states you need two science faculty member LORs (who have taught you), but only one of my science recs fits that criteria. The other science professor LOR advised me through undergrad research. I haven't run into any issues with the requirements for other schools, only Hopkins. While my school doesn't have a committee letter, my prehealth advisor will be writing an individual LOR for me. I've also taken two gap years, so my PI will be one as well.

Anyone in a similar situation or have any advice on this situation. I added Hopkins to my list as a last-minute longshot school (why not, you know), so I didn't realize the LOR requirements until recently... Should I just not apply to Hopkins anymore? I feel like it's too late to ask for a LOR from professors right now.

The website's letter requirements are 2 sci and 1 nonsci. In addition, for nontrads with work or graduate experience, one additional letter from a supervisor in this experience is required as well. There is no max listed and MSAR says the max is 3. Does this mean JHU doesn't want my PI letter?
Oh I didn't even notice that discrepancy with MSAR. I would go with what's on the JHU website. Definitely send the PI letter, since it seems that's an additional requirement for nontrads. That's what I'll be doing!

You can also send additional letters, based on the JHU FAQs page, but they're not guaranteed to be evaluated, as the required LORs will be prioritized.

Oh I didn't even notice that discrepancy with MSAR. I would go with what's on the JHU website. Definitely send the PI letter, since it seems that's an additional requirement for nontrads. That's what I'll be doing!

You can also send additional letters, based on the JHU FAQs page, but they're not guaranteed to be evaluated, as the required LORs will be prioritized.

Yeah, but the thing is my PI letter is from undergrad so idk. I emailed them and they it's not recommended to send any more than 3 which is weird to me.

Yeah, but the thing is my PI letter is from undergrad so idk. I emailed them and they it's not recommended to send any more than 3 which is weird to me.
Oh yeah that's weird... I'm not sure what to do in that situation then. Someone else here may be better able to help out.

I'll probably email them about my question too and hope for the best.

Also have a question regarding LORs:
The website states you need two science faculty member LORs (who have taught you), but only one of my science recs fits that criteria. The other science professor LOR advised me through undergrad research. I haven't run into any issues with the requirements for other schools, only Hopkins. While my school doesn't have a committee letter, my prehealth advisor will be writing an individual LOR for me. I've also taken two gap years, so my PI will be one as well.

Anyone in a similar situation or have any advice on this situation. I added Hopkins to my list as a last-minute longshot school (why not, you know), so I didn't realize the LOR requirements until recently... Should I just not apply to Hopkins anymore? I feel like it's too late to ask for a LOR from professors right now.

All anecdotal (and a bit of a hot take), but I think LOR reqs are more "suggestions" than hard and fast rules.

1) Applied a long time ago; used PI/employer letters as my main and had two super-generic sci prof letters. No non-sci. Accepted to many schools that required non-sci letters or places where I didn't fit requirement.

2) Was on JHU adcom a year ago. Didn't get any packets of letters prematurely truncated; lots of people have committee letters/packets so a lot of these rules cannot even be applied to anyone with a school that does such. So long as you're not being excessive, I think ~4 letters from a diverse spread of informative mentors is gucci. Letters with rich, revealing detail >> "gotta fulfil xyz requirement and had to scramble for this letter" letters

All anecdotal (and a bit of a hot take), but I think LOR reqs are more "suggestions" than hard and fast rules.

1) Applied a long time ago; used PI/employer letters as my main and had two super-generic sci prof letters. No non-sci. Accepted to many schools that required non-sci letters or places where I didn't fit requirement.

2) Was on JHU adcom a year ago. Didn't get any packets of letters prematurely truncated; lots of people have committee letters/packets so a lot of these rules cannot even be applied to anyone with a school that does such. So long as you're not being excessive, I think ~4 letters from a diverse spread of informative mentors is gucci. Letters with rich, revealing detail >> "gotta fulfil xyz requirement and had to scramble for this letter" letters
Ah this is really helpful, thanks!! My undergrad research advisor's LOR would definitely be stronger than one that I would scramble to get last minute, so I think I'll just stick with the former. All in all, JHU is a longshot so maybe I should be less worried about this haha

Also, it's super cool that you were on JHU adcom! Must've have been an interesting experience to sit on the other side of admissions. Any advice for us? Or do's/dont's based on what you saw during the application review process?

would someone mind posting the secondary essays here please? Thanks so much!

Briefly describe your single, most rewarding experience. Feel free to refer to an experience previously described in your AMCAS application.

0/2500​

Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment.

0/2500​

Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician.

0/2500​

Briefly describe a situation where you were not in the majority. What did you learn from the experience?

0/2500​

Wonder encapsulates a feeling of rapt attention … it draws the observer in. Tell us about a time in recent years that you experienced wonder in your everyday life. Although experiences related to your clinical or research work may be the first to come to mind, we encourage you to think of an experience that is unrelated to medicine or science. What did you learn from that experience?

0/2500​

Optional: The Admissions Committee values hearing about each candidate for admission, including what qualities the candidate might bring to the School of Medicine if admitted. If you feel there is information not already addressed in the application that will enable the Committee to know more about you and this has influenced your desire to be a physician, feel free to write a brief statement in the space below. You may address any subject you wish, such as being a first generation college student, or being a part of a minority group (whether because of your sexual orientation, religion, economic status, gender identity, ethnicity) or being the child of undocumented immigrants or being undocumented yourself, etc. Please note that this question is optional and that you will not be penalized should you choose not to answer it. Optional

Where did you get this information? Is it just based on when someone reported to SDN? Or is there some more easily available database :D

Hopkins increasing character counts and adding a weird wonder essay just to mess with people during COVID

Reactions: 3 users
Johnny had too much hop and decided to spam my inbox with the same email

Reactions: 4 users
my md-phd people, i am confused because the prompt says to list area(s) of interest in graduate study but it has 2500 characters. since even the prompts to list languages or faculty that will send supporting lettters have 2000 characters, it feels appropriate to briefly state the keywords, similar to what, say, Harvard asks for. or am i misleading myself and it is more appropriate to go in as many details as possible and use the whole space?

cheers

Hopkins increasing character counts and adding a weird wonder essay just to mess with people during COVID
"weird wonder essay" is a good way to put it haha. I wonder why someone felt the need to add this ambiguous essay prompt to an otherwise normal secondary app.

I submitted my photo and saved but I opened it and it is corrupted for some reason! Now I can't go back and delete it and reupload. What can I do to fix this before emailing them?

Does anyone know what they mean by "The supplemental application must be completed in one sitting."? Does this just mean that once we start filling out the app we have to complete it because it won't save or that we can only open the link once?

Does anyone know what they mean by "The supplemental application must be completed in one sitting."? Does this just mean that once we start filling out the app we have to complete it because it won't save or that we can only open the link once?
It means there won’t be autosaves or points from which you can save

Anybody else getting redirected to cornell's page instead of JHU's when they click their secondary link? :(

Does "areas of medicine" refer to specialties we like? Or is it things like academic medicine, public health, etc?

Anyone know how strict or apt they might be to waiving the second writing intensive course prereq? I took one of them pass/fail :(