You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mangolover1
New Member
Any movement?
mintyhippo
Full Member
Nothing yet that I've heard of...Any movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have access to FB or groupme? feel like that’s the only way to gauge movement
FB is at 192 with “+3 in the last week” maybe movement has started
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Group me is down to 113. Maybe <7 lucky people?
2 people joined the GroupMe today so it seems like WL movement is starting!
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
FB up to +8 this week. At 197 members but 11 are admins. Praying for an A
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Estimated about +5-8 people have joined across different platforms. Potentially still ~10 seats to fill if they are aiming for 120. Good luck!
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
just withdrew my A! best of luck to those on the WL!
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
191 members? Yeesh😭
Sign in with Apple
Full Member
Back in October I asked you if you can ask admissions to give me an II and I guess you were able to work your magic, so in case you are still on sdn these days I was wondering if you could ask them to let me in off the wl. thanks <3Omg yes absolutely, getting right on that 😂
Group me is down to 113. Maybe QUOTE]
Any groupme updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 people joined the GroupMe today so it seems like WL movement is starting!
Any updates?
130 in the GroupMe, 14 are admin. Admin removed a bunch of people last week so I'm pretty sure these are the people who PTE'd Hopkins
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
130 including admins or 144 total in the groupme?130 in the GroupMe, 14 are admin. Admin removed a bunch of people last week so I'm pretty sure these are the people who PTE'd Hopkins
Nora.Ephron
Full Member
Now at 132 total, with 14 of those being admin130 including admins or 144 total in the groupme?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Damn 😔; sounds like the movement is about over. Thanks for the update.Now at 132 total, with 14 of those being admin
D
deleted1148392
Yeah probably but during my interview I talked to someone who got off the WL 2 weeks before classes started so anything is possible!Damn 😔; sounds like the movement is about over. Thanks for the update.
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Just got the A!!!
mintyhippo
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send a letter of intent?Just got the A!!!
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Not intent, but an update along with expressed interest!Congrats! Did you send a letter of intent?
Purple_Bee
New Member
Do you happen to know how they accept updates from people who are on the waitlist? I couldn't find a general admissions email, nor does it seem that the portal accepts updates.Not intent, but an update along with expressed interest!
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Send it directly to Valerie MazzaDo you happen to know how they accept updates from people who are on the waitlist? I couldn't find a general admissions email, nor does it seem that the portal accepts updates.
Purple_Bee
New Member
Thank you!!Send it directly to Valerie Mazza
Congrats!!! Via email or phone?Just got the A!!!
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Phone!Congrats!!! Via email or phone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sign in with Apple
Full Member
Maybe I'm just salty, but I think it's laughable how hopkins can:
"criticize the (US News ranking) system’s overemphasis on standardized test scores and college grade point averages."
when essentially half their class gets a perfect score on the MCAT
"criticize the (US News ranking) system’s overemphasis on standardized test scores and college grade point averages."
when essentially half their class gets a perfect score on the MCAT
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Praying there’s a couple spots left 🙏🏼🙏🏼
blissfullylucid
Full Member
I definitely didnt have the best scores and am below their MSAR 10% (as well as many other schools). I actually didnt even think I shouldve applied because of my insecurity with metrics, but I still wanted to believe that narratives matter in the dehumanizing app process. IIRC, some schools actually dont report their top and bottom 10% on msar, at least per a friend with info from admissions at HMS, Stanford etc.Maybe I'm just salty, but I think it's laughable how hopkins can:
"criticize the (US News ranking) system’s overemphasis on standardized test scores and college grade point averages."
when essentially half their class gets a perfect score on the MCAT
Ultimately I was rejected alotta places but Hopkins took a chance on me and I'm super grateful. I know its sample n=1, and I also hate the metrics game, but thought I should share my experiences as a box and whisker tail end matriculant. No matter where you go, I hope you get to explore and do what really matters to you, keep your chin up and fingers crossed for WL movement!
I been watching the member count on FB like a crazy person. 😵
Seems like not much is changing anymore. No chance here, huh? Does anyone know if they give a final decision when waitlist movement is over?
Seems like not much is changing anymore. No chance here, huh? Does anyone know if they give a final decision when waitlist movement is over?
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
Do any accepted students know if a research year is a thing at Hopkins?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
I’m hoping they let us know soon. CTE for my school is in the next week and I would hate to live with the “what if” once I have to withdraw the waitlist :/.I been watching the member count on FB like a crazy person. 😵
Seems like not much is changing anymore. No chance here, huh? Does anyone know if they give a final decision when waitlist movement is over?
great positivity, it seems Hopkins chose wisely! wishing you the best future physicianI definitely didnt have the best scores and am below their MSAR 10% (as well as many other schools). I actually didnt even think I shouldve applied because of my insecurity with metrics, but I still wanted to believe that narratives matter in the dehumanizing app process. IIRC, some schools actually dont report their top and bottom 10% on msar, at least per a friend with info from admissions at HMS, Stanford etc.
Ultimately I was rejected alotta places but Hopkins took a chance on me and I'm super grateful. I know its sample n=1, and I also hate the metrics game, but thought I should share my experiences as a box and whisker tail end matriculant. No matter where you go, I hope you get to explore and do what really matters to you, keep your chin up and fingers crossed for WL movement!
I was admitted off the waitlist last Wednesday btw! Received a call from the admissions office