2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew a while back but didn’t get the chance to post - best of luck to those on the WL!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have access to FB or groupme? feel like that’s the only way to gauge movement

Anyone have access to FB or groupme? feel like that’s the only way to gauge movement

FB is at 192 with “+3 in the last week” maybe movement has started

Reactions: 1 users
2 people joined the GroupMe today so it seems like WL movement is starting!

Anyone accepted off of the WL? Plz do post for us folks waiting. It would be great to know whether we can have more hope or not. Thank you!

Estimated about +5-8 people have joined across different platforms. Potentially still ~10 seats to fill if they are aiming for 120. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
IMG_0490.jpeg

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg yes absolutely, getting right on that 😂
Back in October I asked you if you can ask admissions to give me an II and I guess you were able to work your magic, so in case you are still on sdn these days I was wondering if you could ask them to let me in off the wl. thanks <3

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
130 in the GroupMe, 14 are admin. Admin removed a bunch of people last week so I'm pretty sure these are the people who PTE'd Hopkins

Reactions: 1 user
Oof ok looks like WL movement is basically over, thanks!

• Sad
Damn 😔; sounds like the movement is about over. Thanks for the update.
Yeah probably but during my interview I talked to someone who got off the WL 2 weeks before classes started so anything is possible!

Reactions: 3 users
Not intent, but an update along with expressed interest!
Do you happen to know how they accept updates from people who are on the waitlist? I couldn't find a general admissions email, nor does it seem that the portal accepts updates.

Do you happen to know how they accept updates from people who are on the waitlist? I couldn't find a general admissions email, nor does it seem that the portal accepts updates.
Send it directly to Valerie Mazza

Maybe I'm just salty, but I think it's laughable how hopkins can:

"criticize the (US News ranking) system’s overemphasis on standardized test scores and college grade point averages."

when essentially half their class gets a perfect score on the MCAT

Maybe I'm just salty, but I think it's laughable how hopkins can:

"criticize the (US News ranking) system’s overemphasis on standardized test scores and college grade point averages."

when essentially half their class gets a perfect score on the MCAT
I definitely didnt have the best scores and am below their MSAR 10% (as well as many other schools). I actually didnt even think I shouldve applied because of my insecurity with metrics, but I still wanted to believe that narratives matter in the dehumanizing app process. IIRC, some schools actually dont report their top and bottom 10% on msar, at least per a friend with info from admissions at HMS, Stanford etc.

Ultimately I was rejected alotta places but Hopkins took a chance on me and I'm super grateful. I know its sample n=1, and I also hate the metrics game, but thought I should share my experiences as a box and whisker tail end matriculant. No matter where you go, I hope you get to explore and do what really matters to you, keep your chin up and fingers crossed for WL movement!

Reactions: 5 users
I been watching the member count on FB like a crazy person. o_O

Seems like not much is changing anymore. No chance here, huh? Does anyone know if they give a final decision when waitlist movement is over?

Do any accepted students know if a research year is a thing at Hopkins?

I been watching the member count on FB like a crazy person. o_O

Seems like not much is changing anymore. No chance here, huh? Does anyone know if they give a final decision when waitlist movement is over?
I’m hoping they let us know soon. CTE for my school is in the next week and I would hate to live with the “what if” once I have to withdraw the waitlist :/.

I definitely didnt have the best scores and am below their MSAR 10% (as well as many other schools). I actually didnt even think I shouldve applied because of my insecurity with metrics, but I still wanted to believe that narratives matter in the dehumanizing app process. IIRC, some schools actually dont report their top and bottom 10% on msar, at least per a friend with info from admissions at HMS, Stanford etc.

Ultimately I was rejected alotta places but Hopkins took a chance on me and I'm super grateful. I know its sample n=1, and I also hate the metrics game, but thought I should share my experiences as a box and whisker tail end matriculant. No matter where you go, I hope you get to explore and do what really matters to you, keep your chin up and fingers crossed for WL movement!
great positivity, it seems Hopkins chose wisely! wishing you the best future physician

I was admitted off the waitlist last Wednesday btw! Received a call from the admissions office