You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FutureDrMango
Full Member
Congrats to all the accepted applicants. I’ve been complete since July—should I give up hope for an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9/3When did you all interview?
Feeling EXTREMELY prophetic rn I felt the Tuesday notif in my bones somehow. But wasn’t expecting an A, so that part had me shook. (Interviewed in October). But I was at work and checked my email and almost screamed in clinic lol. Super happy. Congrats to everyone, and to everyone who didn’t get the news they wanted, you’re freaking amazing, try not to let it bog ya down cuz you’re gonna be great doctors regardless
First off, congrats to everyone that got accepted today! But as a consolation prize for myself, would anyone know what the WL movement is like for Hopkins?
Pre II R this morning. Best of luck to everyone!
+1, LM 79 complete early July. Good luck to everyone still in the running!Pre II R this morning. Best of luck to everyone!
D
deleted1075526
Complete date if you don’t mind?Pre II R this morning. Best of luck to everyone!
NormalUsername42
Full Member
+Pre-II R this morning, complete early July
globalatworst
Full Member
pre-ii R +1 complete early aug
AugustComplete date if you don’t mind?
FutureDrMango
Full Member
Lol pre-II R. This one stungCongrats to all the accepted applicants. I’ve been complete since July—should I give up hope for an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the pre-II Rs still rolling out today or did they all come in earlier?
soporspelare
Full Member
Pre II R, complete late June
D
deleted555445
Any other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol
yupAny other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol
At least we haven't been rejected yet.Any other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol
I looked at last year's thread, and it looks like they continue to send IIs after Christmas
So there might be a chance
Was not expecting this, but absolutely thrilled! Just received an II this morning, complete 8/30, stats in sig
Froggmanns
Full Member
Same here. Silence from 10 schools since early July and I sent update letters. I'm dreading the wait over the holidaysAny other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol
D
deleted787473
No offense, but your stats are significantly below the 10tile so idk if odds r in ur favorSame here. Silence from 10 schools since early July and I sent update letters. I'm dreading the wait over the holidays
Froggmanns
Full Member
no offense taken. but then i am just confused why im not getting pre-II R's like other people... i am just in limboNo offense, but your stats are significantly below the 10tile so idk if odds r in ur favor
caramelchocy
Full Member
anyone complete late sept hear back yet?
Congrats! When were you complete?I have finally recieved an II 😭, hoping it comes to something and not just an R
![]()
Question for current students/people familiar with JHU lecture style:
hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)
hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)
D
deleted787473
I believe that’s how all medical schools are fyi. No one teaches with 100% overlap for step1.Question for current students/people familiar with JHU lecture style:
hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)
This is why when you read many peoples write ups on step1, some talk about how they suffered on the in house exams so they could dedicate more time on step.
there are a variety of outside materials that cover board info tho so having access to the knowledge isn’t an issue no matter where you go for medical school in the USA
Also step being p/f probably won’t change how people approach it, the better your initial knowledge base the better for future board exams.
Edit: also hopkins has a pretty high avg step1 score so clearly it works for the students
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SchmuckNugget
Full Member
For anyone else who also hasn't heard anything, I was complete 9/21 and haven't heard back. From reading other posts, it sounds like those of us who completed then or later might be just coming up for review around now (unless others who completed then heard back a while ago, in which case I'm wrong).
If you select a medical school known for its research, it's not surprising that some of its lecturers would be PhDs who are experts in their field.Question for current students/people familiar with JHU lecture style:
hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)
Very quiet here, is it done for those without interviews?
MotorLover
Full Member
@ any of you accepted applicants
go eat Ekiben in Baltimore, it's absolutely amazing
go eat Ekiben in Baltimore, it's absolutely amazing
lofifruits
Full Member
II today! Honestly really surprised, thought I was out of the running. Earliest date is latish Jan! LM 81, had some processing issues with my JHU app, so I’m not entirely certain when I was considered “complete.”
congrats my G.II today! Honestly really surprised, thought I was out of the running. Earliest date is latish Jan! LM 81, had some processing issues with my JHU app, so I’m not entirely certain when I was considered “complete.”
I never received the complete email.
Did you receive it ?
lofifruits
Full Member
I got some strange email 10/19 that was like “we invite u to take next steps” and then when I completed whatever they needed (it was like a photo or something idk), I got a “We received all materials” email on 10/20. I THOUGHT I was done with the secondary in like august so long story short, idk what I’m doing.congrats my G.
I never received the complete email.
Did you receive it ?
II today, LM 76, complete 8/30
+1II today, LM 76, complete 8/30
I agree, my guess rn is 1/26 (Wed) or maybe 1/28 (Fri).I'm assuming January 28th or January 31st (Friday/Monday respectively), though I may be forgetting specifics.
2021 was 1/27 (Wed)
2020 was 1/29 (Wed)
2019 was 2/1 (Fri)
bernedoodle
Full Member
The website reports "Late February: Completion of interviews" so I think there is still some hope for a few more II given that the last II reported on here had dates still in January.Anyone know if there is any interview spots left?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely not January. I think the cutoff for december was like a month or more in advanceDo you think if you recently interviewed like in the past two weeks the decision will be part of the end of January round or the April round?
I think you’re in the April round… the dean of admissions I think said they start the overall review a month before the date they release them (could be mis-remembering though… I think he said this in a podcast too). I interviewed like 6ish weeks before the December release date and I’m part of the January group for reference.Do you think if you recently interviewed like in the past two weeks the decision will be part of the end of January round or the April round?
They still sending IIs ?
Congrats!!! Thats big time. When is the nearest Interview date?II today!! Totally unexpected, I'm so grateful for this opportunity! Complete 8/18, LM 76.3.