2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It'll probably come out tomorrow. Monday does not give "major decision" vibes. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If we get waitlisted, do we have to wait till April/May for them to pull of the waitlist or will they pull off the waitlist during the third wave?

PS: No decision yet, but just curious about the process.

So incredibly grateful - just got the A. Best of luck to everyone else!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!! so so excited, wishing everyone else the best of luck in their cycles! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats @beansncheese and @PRorER! What were the times of the acceptance emails for you two (plus anyone else that may post about an A today). Trying to see if they plan to roll it out today or if there was just one wave.

• Love
I got the A!!!! Just right now

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Waitlisted at 12:23 PM EST. Interviewed late October. Anyone have an idea about waitlist movement at this school historically?

Members don't see this ad :)
January is the second round of decisions. The final round will be released in April and they interview through February.

Little late but A today too! Very very grateful and good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wait so they didn't send any pre-II rejections today?
Congratulations to all the A's!

I interviewed 12/1 and didn't receive any decision yesterday. However, I just received an email with the subject 'Interim Dean Theodore DeWeese Congratulates You on Your Acceptance to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine' with a generic JHU acceptance email. Was this the same email that other accepted students got? Or did you receive a personalized email saying "Dear XYZ, you have been accepted..."?

Last edited:
  • Love
I interviewed 12/1 and didn't receive any decision yesterday. However, I just received an email with the subject 'Interim Dean Theodore DeWeese Congratulates You on Your Acceptance to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine' with a generic JHU acceptance email. Was this the same email that other accepted students got? Or did you receive a personalized email saying "Dear XYZ, you have been accepted..."?
I recieved both emails, Check your spam to see if you got the first one

Like others said, I received both but I got the personalized one yesterday around noon and then the generic one you are describing this morning. I would definitely reach out if the personalized one isn’t in your spam box!

• Love
Just got the personalized one! 4 hours after the generic one lol. Must have been a glitch

• Love
Bro I literally applied here as a total hail mary, how have my 50X MCAT and 5.6X GPA not already gotten me a pre-II rejection before anybody else on this forum lol

Interview invite 1/31/2023. Application submitted back in August, marked complete in October?? Some info on me - current engineering PhD student, 3.96sgpa, 3.9ogpa, 519 mcat.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R this morning, good luck to everyone else! 🫡

• Care
does anyone know if hopkins take post ii update and letter of intent?

thanks! is there a place to upload them or should i email? i can't find anything on the website.
Yeah you can send to Valeria mazza email should be somewhere in some communication.
how soon after an interview do you think it would be appropriate to send an update?
I feel like it depends for school, but usually schools will review applicants post II within two weeks of the interview being done and place them on the list, so within two weeks best bet in general. Thats not to say that they won't read it if its passed that 2 weeks but for best chance 2 weeks imo.

Has anyone sent an update that was accepted? I sent an update earlier this week and got no confirmation. Upon looking on their website, apparently they don't accept updates?

"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
  1. Your verified AMCAS Primary Application
  2. Your JHU SOM Supplemental Application (also known as the secondary application)
  3. Your required letters of recommendation
  4. Official MCAT scores

Has anyone sent an update that was accepted? I sent an update earlier this week and got no confirmation. Upon looking on their website, apparently they don't accept updates?

"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
  2. Your JHU SOM Supplemental Application (also known as the secondary application)
  4. Official MCAT scores
I was confused about this too, and asked after my interview.
1675447965036.png

I ended up submitting combined interest/update letter and was accepted. Mrs Mazza responded same day acknowledging update.

Reactions: 1 users

4. Official MCAT scores
Only post-II updates.

II this afternoon!! Complete surprise, didn't think they would still be sending out IIs, but, ecstatic!!! Application complete 9/10/22. Scheduled it for next friday 2/10.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II this afternoon!! Complete surprise, didn't think they would still be sending out IIs, but, ecstatic!!! Application complete 9/10/22. Scheduled it for next friday 2/10.
Wow some hope! Best of luck!

Website says second round of acceptance and R’s is Late January. The. Final ofc April.

Late February: completion of MD interviews.

Last edited:
Same here…lol I’m kinda already preparing myself for it but nice that I lasted longer than I thought LOL
“Lasted longer” lol that counts fr??? Hahahaha i am mystified as well. Low stat Cinderella man. Maybe that counts. April it is then.

Hail Mary. Full of grace…..

I withdrew my A here, Balty just isn’t for me. Good luck everyone still in the running!

Just btw, the class of 2027 Facebook has like 10+ current students in it. They’re also doing AMA’s with the current students after every round of acceptances so make sure to look through the FB to see all the questions they posted with answers if you get in!

Reactions: 8 users
Received II yesterday, scheduled for next week. I didn't expect it because it's such a reach school. Super excited but also worried because this is the most prestigious school I've had an II from 😨

• Love
Reactions: 6 users