You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Olajide Burner
New Member
If we get waitlisted, do we have to wait till April/May for them to pull of the waitlist or will they pull off the waitlist during the third wave?
PS: No decision yet, but just curious about the process.
PS: No decision yet, but just curious about the process.
beansncheese
Full Member
So incredibly grateful - just got the A. Best of luck to everyone else!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dontfindmenomatterwhat
New Member
Congrats @beansncheese and @PRorER! What were the times of the acceptance emails for you two (plus anyone else that may post about an A today). Trying to see if they plan to roll it out today or if there was just one wave.
beansncheese
Full Member
I got mine at 12:07 pm ET and interviewed 12/1 🙂Congrats @beansncheese and @PRorER! What were the times of the acceptance emails for you two (plus anyone else that may post about an A today). Trying to see if they plan to roll it out today or if there was just one wave.
Waitlisted 🙁
dontfindmenomatterwhat
New Member
Waitlisted at 12:23 PM EST. Interviewed late October. Anyone have an idea about waitlist movement at this school historically?
According to MSAR, 25 acceptances are given to applicants on the waitlist.
PRorER
Full Member
Also 12:07 ET and interviewed 11/4 !Congrats @beansncheese and @PRorER! What were the times of the acceptance emails for you two (plus anyone else that may post about an A today). Trying to see if they plan to roll it out today or if there was just one wave.
Got an acceptance!
Waitlisted as well. Congratulations to those who were accepted!
Application Process: Overview -- this page has a full timeline.
January is the second round of decisions. The final round will be released in April and they interview through February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ernestrutherford
Full Member
Little late but A today too! Very very grateful and good luck to everyone still waiting!
sugarandspice98
New Member
I interviewed 12/1 and didn't receive any decision yesterday. However, I just received an email with the subject 'Interim Dean Theodore DeWeese Congratulates You on Your Acceptance to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine' with a generic JHU acceptance email. Was this the same email that other accepted students got? Or did you receive a personalized email saying "Dear XYZ, you have been accepted..."?
Last edited:
I recieved both emails, Check your spam to see if you got the first oneI interviewed 12/1 and didn't receive any decision yesterday. However, I just received an email with the subject 'Interim Dean Theodore DeWeese Congratulates You on Your Acceptance to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine' with a generic JHU acceptance email. Was this the same email that other accepted students got? Or did you receive a personalized email saying "Dear XYZ, you have been accepted..."?
beansncheese
Full Member
I interviewed 12/1 and didn't receive any decision yesterday. However, I just received an email with the subject 'Interim Dean Theodore DeWeese Congratulates You on Your Acceptance to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine' with a generic JHU acceptance email. Was this the same email that other accepted students got? Or did you receive a personalized email saying "Dear XYZ, you have been accepted..."?
Like others said, I received both but I got the personalized one yesterday around noon and then the generic one you are describing this morning. I would definitely reach out if the personalized one isn’t in your spam box!
sugarandspice98
New Member
Just got the personalized one! 4 hours after the generic one lol. Must have been a glitch
D
deleted1139705
Pre-II rejection.
PinkLion
pinklion
Ok well I have my answer😂pre-II R just nowWait so they didn't send any pre-II rejections today?
Congratulations to all the A's!
beepbeep1999
Full Member
+3, LM 82 OOS, complete early August. 🙁 2nd R today yikesPre-II rejection.
+4Pre-II rejection.
Damn, and I work for them 🤡
+5, Advisors alma mater...+4
Damn, and I work for them 🤡
Bro I literally applied here as a total hail mary, how have my 50X MCAT and 5.6X GPA not already gotten me a pre-II rejection before anybody else on this forum lol
BRO U GOT A 5.6X GPA WE CANT COMPETEBro I literally applied here as a total hail mary, how have my 50X MCAT and 5.6X GPA not already gotten me a pre-II rejection before anybody else on this forum lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LMAO I meant 3.6X LOOOOOOL we are all tired
Bro I literally applied here as a total hail mary, how have my 50X MCAT and 5.6X GPA not already gotten me a pre-II rejection before anybody else on this forum lol
Same. I haven’t gotten one yet either
Same here…lol I’m kinda already preparing myself for it but nice that I lasted longer than I thought LOLSame. I haven’t gotten one yet either
wack_barbie
Full Member
Interview invite 1/31/2023. Application submitted back in August, marked complete in October?? Some info on me - current engineering PhD student, 3.96sgpa, 3.9ogpa, 519 mcat.
Pre-II R this morning, good luck to everyone else! 🫡[emoji92]
themagictaco
Full Member
Def take not sure if they weight them heavily or not thoughdoes anyone know if hopkins take post ii update and letter of intent?
thanks! is there a place to upload them or should i email? i can't find anything on the website.Def take not sure if they weight them heavily or not though
themagictaco
Full Member
Yeah you can send to Valeria mazza email should be somewhere in some communication.thanks! is there a place to upload them or should i email? i can't find anything on the website.
I feel like it depends for school, but usually schools will review applicants post II within two weeks of the interview being done and place them on the list, so within two weeks best bet in general. Thats not to say that they won't read it if its passed that 2 weeks but for best chance 2 weeks imo.how soon after an interview do you think it would be appropriate to send an update?
themagictaco
Full Member
Ok thanks. I have a paper that was published in the Fall, which was not on my initial app and I didn't get a chance to mention in the interview. I will send an update
Gratz!!!! Def send update
premedvibesss
Full Member
Has anyone sent an update that was accepted? I sent an update earlier this week and got no confirmation. Upon looking on their website, apparently they don't accept updates?
"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
- Your verified AMCAS Primary Application
- Your JHU SOM Supplemental Application (also known as the secondary application)
- Your required letters of recommendation
- Official MCAT scores
themagictaco
Full Member
I was confused about this too, and asked after my interview.Has anyone sent an update that was accepted? I sent an update earlier this week and got no confirmation. Upon looking on their website, apparently they don't accept updates?
"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
- Your verified AMCAS Primary Application
- Your JHU SOM Supplemental Application (also known as the secondary application)
- Your required letters of recommendation
- Official MCAT scores
I ended up submitting combined interest/update letter and was accepted. Mrs Mazza responded same day acknowledging update.
Only post-II updates.Has anyone sent an update that was accepted? I sent an update earlier this week and got no confirmation. Upon looking on their website, apparently they don't accept updates?
"We receive a large number of applications every year, and each application is personally reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Given the sheer volume of work that presents, we have standardized our application procedure to be both comprehensive and fair. Therefore, we cannot accept any updates or additional information. Any extraneous materials received will be destroyed. The only information that will be reviewed to determine your status for an interview is:
- Your verified AMCAS Primary Application
- Your JHU SOM Supplemental Application (also known as the secondary application)
- Your required letters of recommendation
- Official MCAT scores
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
That's so exciting! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow some hope! Best of luck!II this afternoon!! Complete surprise, didn't think they would still be sending out IIs, but, ecstatic!!! Application complete 9/10/22. Scheduled it for next friday 2/10.
Website says second round of acceptance and R’s is Late January. The. Final ofc April.
Late February: completion of MD interviews.
Last edited:
“Lasted longer” lol that counts fr??? Hahahaha i am mystified as well. Low stat Cinderella man. Maybe that counts. April it is then.Same here…lol I’m kinda already preparing myself for it but nice that I lasted longer than I thought LOL
Hail Mary. Full of grace…..
D
deleted1053890
I withdrew my A here, Balty just isn’t for me. Good luck everyone still in the running!
Just btw, the class of 2027 Facebook has like 10+ current students in it. They’re also doing AMA’s with the current students after every round of acceptances so make sure to look through the FB to see all the questions they posted with answers if you get in!
Just btw, the class of 2027 Facebook has like 10+ current students in it. They’re also doing AMA’s with the current students after every round of acceptances so make sure to look through the FB to see all the questions they posted with answers if you get in!
MCAT 522, 130/131/130/131, overall GPA 3.7, BCPM 3.65 (*that’s including a post-bacc, post-bacc GPA was 4.0)That's so exciting! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?