2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if John Hopkins give you an iPad for accepted students?
No; actually each student chips in $250 dollars every year for the deans' gift/vacation fund. I'm pretty sure they used some of that money to buy themselves iPads so really it's the students who are giving Hopkins the iPads.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
No; actually each student chips in $250 dollars every year for the deans' gift/vacation fund. I'm pretty sure they used some of that money to buy themselves iPads so really it's the students who are giving Hopkins the iPads.
please PLEASE tell me you're joking

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm manifesting it, friends - tomorrow's the day I get my rejection email

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite 1/31/2023. Application submitted back in August, marked complete in October?? Some info on me - current engineering PhD student, 3.96sgpa, 3.9ogpa, 519 mcat.
Acceptance email this morning

Members don't see this ad :)
where'd you see 20-40? I thought I saw it saying 25?
AAMC for this past cycle said 25. But I remember somehow finding previous years and if I remember correctly one of them had 40. I could be mistaken, I’m on 2 other WL so might be misremembering

Reactions: 1 user
Since the waitlist is ranked, a letter of intent won't do much right? Is it worth sending updates?

Do you mind copy/pasting the part where they mentioned it?
We have, however, your name has been placed on the alternate list. Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you your rank on the list.

no I didn't copy that first sentence wrong

Reactions: 2 users
Will a letter of intent hold any weight for Hopkins? Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like here?

Second Look people: Do we need to book the hotel and get reimbursed or will JH book it for us?

Will a letter of intent hold any weight for Hopkins? Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like here?
My opinion with these letters are that they should be sent when there is something truly meaningful that you think the admissions committee needs to see.

Has anyone on WL received the expected follow-up email to accept our place on the list?

WL. Does anyone know how they feel about update letters? Done a bunch in my gap year.

Their WL letter was confusing on this point. "You do not need to submit any additional recommendations or other documents to the Admissions Office."

I mean I don't need to, but I want to ahaha.

Has anyone been able to confirm with admissions?

Hahaha imagine being on the alt list lol. Got booted by JHU for both undergrad and now. Hopkins: 2-0, Me: 0-2. Maybe third time's the charm for residency :cool:😭

• Care
WL. Does anyone know how they feel about update letters? Done a bunch in my gap year.

Their WL letter was confusing on this point. "You do not need to submit any additional recommendations or other documents to the Admissions Office."

I'm also really curious about this!

You could send one, but as mentioned above, the waitlist is ranked already, they just don’t tell us

Did anybody get confirmation after filling out the form to stay on the alternate list?

There is probably no harm in sending one, but I highly doubt they will change your rank on the list based on an update letter.

There is probably no harm in sending one, but I highly doubt they will change your rank on the list based on an update letter.
yeah, I'm more doing it for my own peace of mind ahaha. Just wanted to see if they specifically said not to

the form denies access after you try to fill it out again so that’s my confirmation lol
Mine lets me change the option still? I can log in and select the other box. Once I've made a selection it has a message along the line of "website confirms submission etc."

Anyone on this thread get accepted and choosing to decline? Trying to get some understanding of potential WL movement🙏