2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Also Pre II R, complete early July. LM 73 WARs 90 OOS. Congrats to those w the A!! Studs

Also Pre II R, complete early July. LM 73 WARs 90 OOS. Congrats to those w the A!! Studs
By complete, you mean you got the secondary complete email right? I got that way later, at like October 19th, even if I submitted mid July.

II a few days ago! submitted mid aug. scheduling was only available early jan

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t gotten a pre II rejection yet but I also don’t see that my application was complete even though my secondary was submitted in August. For those who got the completion email, did you also upload your photo that was requested on time? I do not think I did.

I haven’t gotten a pre II rejection yet but I also don’t see that my application was complete even though my secondary was submitted in August. For those who got the completion email, did you also upload your photo that was requested on time? I do not think I did.
I did, you can verify this in the applicant portal --> Documentation section

I did, you can verify this in the applicant portal --> Documentation section
Okay gotcha! Just checked and I did not submit my photo 😅. Honestly this is a super reach school so I expect to get rejected at some point next year since I survived this round of rejections

Has anyone with a september complete date heard anything either way? I tried to scroll through and didn’t see any september completes

Reactions: 1 user
II just now!!!!! Complete 9/6, URM

edit: they are scheduling out to 1st/2nd week of January

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II (Canadian!!!!) complete Aug 7!!!! timestamp 4:24pm ET
i can't believe this you guys I thought this cycle was over for me
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BRB CRYING

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I asked them after my interview and they said Valarie mazza, she then attached it to my file

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
haven't heard anything from Hopkins yet... is there still hope for II or are they done for the cycle?

Reactions: 3 users
I wish Hopkins took pre-II update letters :(

Does anyone know if there's a way to check your application status with Hopkins? It's one of the only schools I applied to that uses its own unique platform. I'm an MSTP applicant, and I haven't hear anything (no R, no interview) despite seeing other MSTPs on the forums receiving both. I'm starting to get paranoid I missed an email from them or something 😰

Does anyone who has interviewed already know if you get the names of the interviewers before interview day? I only have the zoom link but no idea who my interviewers are...
I didn't receive names before I interviewed!

II received just now. Complete 8/29.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II received a couple of hours ago! :) So grateful. Submitted early Sept. LM 80.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know when January decisions will be released?

Anyone know when January decisions will be released?

From what I recall, they said end of January so hopefully next week? They didn’t specify a day and I don’t know the historical dates so sorry if this doesn’t answer your question!

From what I recall, they said end of January so hopefully next week? They didn’t specify a day and I don’t know the historical dates so sorry if this doesn’t answer your question!
Thanks! I was thinking sometime next week as well, but I was wondering what day🤔

Hi guys - do they tell you your interviewer info after the interview? I need to write thank yous but I forgot the name of my student interviewer.

Edit: even if there is a list somewhere online of all the students in each class that I could look at? I would probably recognize their name if I saw it.

Last edited:
Has anyone who has gotten waitlisted received the email asking whether we are interested on remaining on it or not?

any chance decisions come out today?
I looked through prior years and they typically release very late month (Jan 27 onward) and also at the end of the week. Realistically I’m betting on Friday but I'm still nervously refreshing email every 30 minutes hahahaha

• Haha
Today of all days I get two different spam calls from Baltimore… heart drop every time

@cachaca do you know if hopkins releases financial aid information at the time the decision comes out?
Hmm it's been a while but my FA came a few weeks after my acceptance. They are usually good about getting them out before second look weekends start :)

How are post-ii updates viewed here? Would it hurt the applicant if the update isn't super duper significant?

(I just got some new involvements and wanted to write an update letter, but I'm not sure what they are looking for in an update)

What time do decisions usually come out?
The first round of acceptances came out the morning of Tuesday December 15th idk how it was in the years before. Idk about yall but in my interview day they said end of January, and maybe they really meant the end end as in Tuesday January 31st?

Reactions: 1 users
The first round of acceptances came out the morning of Tuesday December 15th idk how it was in the years before. Idk about yall but in my interview day they said end of January, and maybe they really meant the end end as in Tuesday January 31st?
I forget if they said “late” or “end” of jan, but it’s probably not today then? I’m gonna try reeeaal hard to stop nervously checking my email hahaha

I forget if they said “late” or “end” of jan, but it’s probably not today then? I’m gonna try reeeaal hard to stop nervously checking my email hahaha
Ugh the suspense is killing me too. I looked through past years and some years it came Jan 27 but other years as late as Feb 1. I was hoping today since end of week but maybe not

The suspense is too much. I keep refreshing my inbox