kcom vs. osu-com???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT.DO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts regarding the quality of education at kcom vs. that at osu-com. i'm currently accepted at kcom and waitlisted at osu-com, but i'm an OK resident and would like to stay here if i can. although, i was very impressed with kcom and certainly can't complain about getting in there...also, the cost of tuition is quite different (public/private school). what does everyone think about graduating with substantial debt??? especially if you already have outstanding undergrad loans...

any replies would be appreciated...

PT.DO

Members don't see this ad.

I am an Oklahoma resident as well and am planning on attending UHS. I am also on the wait list at OSU-COM but am planning on going to UHS regardless. I am very familiar with OSUCOM and many of their graduates. The only negative thing I have to say is that their selection process is screwd up. Im not just saying that because im on the wait list because other applicants as well as physicians associated with the school have said that as well. The only other thing is schools like UHS and KCOM may have a few more clinical opportunities around the country but if your just wanting to do family medicine back in OK than it probably wouldnt matter much. Their is a big difference in cost but I would go where you feel is best and try and not let the money be to much of an issue. Good Luck!

thanks for the reply UHSBOUND, if it's true that kcom may have more clinical opportunities than osu-com, than it gives me even more incentive to go the kcom way...as having a background as a PT, i'm biased toward ortho and physical medicine...so that extra clinical opportunity may come in handy for specializing.

PT.DO