Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't be. Interviewed late august. Portal says decision will come in mail.

It was a joke. And yah, some schools send mail to everyone who submitted an aacomas to apply to their school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have a feeling it'll be Monday

I live in PA and am working till 11!!!! Maybe it will be there....false hope?

Nothing in my mail today. My portal flipped after other people's, so I am betting Tuesday will be the earliest my decision will come. I went through the junk mail pile very carefully to be sure that nothing Important was getting improperly recycled.... and then I make sure that the mail sorting area was totally cleared out so that if anything Important arrives, it won't get lost amid Direct TV and Verizon offers.

Just got home.....ACCEPTED!! Such a relief to be in at least one medical school especially with this being a reapplying cycle for me. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got home.....ACCEPTED!! Such a relief to be in at least one medical school especially with this being a reapplying cycle for me. Good luck to all!
OMG congrats! First acceptance on the thread. I'm excited for you and everyone.
When did you interview? Just want to know if you were in my group ;)

OMG congrats! First acceptance on the thread. I'm excited for you and everyone.
When did you interview? Just want to know if you were in my group ;)

Aug 29

Congrats! Since I'm in the area as well should be Monday for me.

So happy for the first SDN LECOM-Erie acceptance

Last edited:
Congratulations!! So happy for you:)

Give me my rejection so I can be motivated to study for January mcat... :(

Nothin. I'll be traveling for my unecom interview until Wednesday.

Congratulations!!! :clap:Hoping for lots more good news for everybody else here. Is LECOM one of your top choices?

How long does it take for the adcom to send you a decision if you have an interview or not after sending in the IIs?

Did everyone receiving mail apply for the early decision?

Give me my rejection so I can be motivated to study for January mcat... :(

Dude, I can't wait to be your classmate. My optimism is infectious. I will inflict it upon you until I dispel your pessimism, or you go nuts. Your choice.

How long does it take for the adcom to send you a decision if you have an interview or not after sending in the IIs?

They were pretty quick to invite me for an interview. Less than a week after submitting secondary. That was earlier in the season, though. They may have a lot more to sort through just now, so don't let it discourage you too much if you don't hear back that quickly. The DO cycle is long.

Did everyone receiving mail apply for the early decision?

Yes. You must have requested early decision to be getting these early decisions. Otherwise, they wait until mid-November. The AACOMAS rules say that they can't absolutely require anyone to make a firm commitment (by laying down that big deposit) until mid-December. So, if you want to take advantage of that extra time to hear from other schools, you can tell them that you don't want a decision until later. If you want to hear sooner, you are trading the need to make a decision and put down the deposit or not right away.

So, the only people they will contact now are the ones who waived their right to have until December to put down the deposit. If someone gets an acceptance, they have 30 days from when it was sent out to make their decision to accept or decline the acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT BELIEVE IT

Reactions: 6 users
Apparently they've decided that I should wait another day or two...

Sigh...

am i the only ED with "your application is under review"??
I'm pretty sure I picked ED....
Please send it by friday....

Submitted last week. And it says it's under review. I hope I get some love from this school.

for those who got accepted include your stats here or on the accepted page btw.

I interviewed August 29th. Mine still says "Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application." I am pretty sure I picked ED option as well!!

Congrats to those that got in!! Interviewing Oct. 10. Anyone else?

2nd app submitted: 8/11
II: 8/13
Interviewed: 8/29
Current Status: 'Your application is under review' - This changed last Thursday (9/25) from the 'Thank you for interviewing...' and I'm still waiting for an update. Nervous to the high heavens

Congrats! Just wondering, for your letters, did you request for additional letters in order to meet the guideline under the admissions tab on the portal website? or did you submit the letters you used for all other schools?

im asking because i dont think my professors and DO physician would be willing to write another set of letters just for LECOM...

Accepted! :) LM: 66. Interview: 8/22. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted. Pennsylvania resident. Interviewed late July. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. Congrats to my fellow incoming classmates. We travel the journey together!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, thank goodness! Accepted, Primary Care Scholars Program. That alone will be enough to out me to anyone who really wants to figure out my IRL identity, but whatever.
PA resident, nontrad, interviewed 9-12. LizzyM score 72.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. Remember that the DO cycle is long and we are still very early on.

Question about letters... does anyone know if they must have your letters by your interview date? My DO letter may not be submitted by then but my committee letter is in already. I don't want to rush the DO writing it but my interview date is sooner than planned!

Congrats! Just wondering, for your letters, did you request for additional letters in order to meet the guideline under the admissions tab on the portal website? or did you submit the letters you used for all other schools?

im asking because i dont think my professors and DO physician would be willing to write another set of letters just for LECOM...

I used the same letters that I sent elsewhere. Letter writers know not to be specific to the school... and while LECOM's accompanying docs do ask for writers to describe how you will do at LECOM, they know to expect you to use the same letters to multiple schools. You should be fine submitting what you have.

Question about letters... does anyone know if they must have your letters by your interview date? My DO letter may not be submitted by then but my committee letter is in already. I don't want to rush the DO writing it but my interview date is sooner than planned!
It is okay. They just won't review your file for acceptance or rejection until they get that letter. You'll be fine! GL

Accepted

3.58/3.35/30

Aug 15 interview

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Accepted, Happy birthday to me!Great confidence boost for tomorrow!!

Nope. No need to meet the guidelines that LECOM sets for the DO letter.

It is okay. They just won't review your file for acceptance or rejection until they get that letter. You'll be fine! GL
Thank you so much for your reply! I assumed this but you never know. I try not to assume anything during this crazy process! So excited!