2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list for Seton Hill today, 14 day decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Do yall know if the class is full and we are interviewing for waitlist spots? I am interviewing on 12/13:)

Waitlisted with 30 day notification. Interviewed on 10/4.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was rejected from Erie does this mean I am necessarily rejected from Seton Hill?

Do people actually ever get off the waitlist? If so, do we have to wait for a physical letter again or will they email/call?

Do people actually ever get off the waitlist? If so, do we have to wait for a physical letter again or will they email/call?
very few people do. probably call or email and after May I assume

How long did it take you guys to get your letters in the mail after getting the 14 day update? I interviewed beginning of November and got my notice this Wednesday!

How long did it take you guys to get your letters in the mail after getting the 14 day update? I interviewed beginning of November and got my notice this Wednesday!
took me 16-20 days haha

i got mine today after info session on 11/1
WL, not really surprised, don’t really mind, not too keen on their rules + am in elsewhere!
amen here brother! congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
I got wait listed in the mail today. Info session was 11/2. This is my top choice so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II for here today. If I end up ranking other branches higher, will this impact my admissions decision? I see this was asked a few times in the thread but I don't see any answers for certain. Thank you :)

I got an II for here today. If I end up ranking other branches higher, will this impact my admissions decision? I see this was asked a few times in the thread but I don't see any answers for certain. Thank you :)

The way it was phrased during the Seton Hill info sessions was that all 3 campuses (excl Bradenton which is it's own app anyways) get reviewed together so for example doing your info session at Seton Hill and ranking Erie first shouldn't impact the admission decision. They'll explain this (and it's also found on their website) that only certain pathways are offered at certain campuses and also Elmira is the newest so anecdotally less people probably rank it first. Take that with what you will

The way it was phrased during the Seton Hill info sessions was that all 3 campuses (excl Bradenton which is it's own app anyways) get reviewed together so for example doing your info session at Seton Hill and ranking Erie first shouldn't impact the admission decision. They'll explain this (and it's also found on their website) that only certain pathways are offered at certain campuses and also Elmira is the newest so anecdotally less people probably rank it first. Take that with what you will
Thank you so much! Would you think that if someone is hoping to partake in the PCSP that might give them leverage at Erie? And is there really any other benefit of going to the Erie campus other than the non-virtual cadaver lab and multiple different learning pathways?

does anyone know if LECOM takes letters of intent? and if so, how do they want you to submit it?

Hey everyone! I got an interview invite and was wondering if I had to send my official ACT scores to LECOM. I'm not sure if I used the index and I don't know how to check. However, I did add my ACT score to AACOMAS when applying. Also, is there anything I have to do for my LORs or will they just pull it from AACOMAS?

Hey everyone! I got an interview invite and was wondering if I had to send my official ACT scores to LECOM. I'm not sure if I used the index and I don't know how to check. However, I did add my ACT score to AACOMAS when applying. Also, is there anything I have to do for my LORs or will they just pull it from AACOMAS?
I think they only consider the ACT and SAT if you dont have an MCAT score. Do you have an MCAT?

They just pulled my letters from accomas. You can check if they have looked at your letters yet in your portal. I actually had an issue with one of my letters and they never told me about it, I only found out by checking the portal. They can take a while to update your portal though so try not to freak out about it.

I think they only consider the ACT and SAT if you dont have an MCAT score. Do you have an MCAT?

They just pulled my letters from accomas. You can check if they have looked at your letters yet in your portal. I actually had an issue with one of my letters and they never told me about it, I only found out by checking the portal. They can take a while to update your portal though so try not to freak out about it.

I saw this and didn't realize you could see this. I also had an LOR marked as not received when it shows up as received in both aacomas and passed QA checks in interfolio (so unless my writer just put in a header and a signature it should be there) and seemed to be received by the other schools. Yet all my other letters were fine. I guess it's a moot point now that I'm waitlisted.

I saw this and didn't realize you could see this. I also had an LOR marked as not received when it shows up as received in both aacomas and passed QA checks in interfolio (so unless my writer just put in a header and a signature it should be there) and seemed to be received by the other schools. Yet all my other letters were fine. I guess it's a moot point now that I'm waitlisted.
If you want a better chance of coming off the waitlist, I would email them about the missing letter. That might be part of why they waitlisted you in the first place.

If you want a better chance of coming off the waitlist, I would email them about the missing letter. That might be part of why they waitlisted you in the first place.
Fair point - turns out it was the pre committee letter that was missing (because I submitted 3 separate letters instead as a non trad) but now I'm noticing a pre req is missing. What a fun find and I'll give them a call.

Hi guys, for the matriculation packet agreement that is due today, if I were to turn it in
Is this a binding agreement, or am I still able to withdraw my application later on as I am waiting for another school to get back to me

Hi guys, for the matriculation packet agreement that is due today, if I were to turn it in
Is this a binding agreement, or am I still able to withdraw my application later on as I am waiting for another school to get back to me
I don't think its binding. Schools dont communicate like that to my knowledge. Each school has its own deadlines to commit, unfortunately LECOMs is pretty early. You can always pull out later but youll prob lose your deposit and fees for the background check.

Hello!

I am currently working though the matriculation process for LECOM Seton Hill. I was hoping to get some advice on how I can best prepare. I have essentially 6 months off from work until we start class in Late July ( I am very bored!) . As I am a non-traditional student I did learn pre-med really quickly, and found that students who have a more years than me in STEM tend to have a slight leg up. Therefore I would use the breaks between semesters to read through the text and begin to familiarize which led to very successful outcomes in the higher level pre-med courses! Admission recently let us know there would be a "boot camp" to familiarize but I was hoping for more.

So -- anyone willing to give me some homework? With two little kids at home, getting a head of the game is normally so helpful to myself and family!. Thanks in advance.

I’m a current first year at seton hill! I seriously cannot emphasise this enough and I’m sure you’ve heard this already: ENJOY YOUR TIME NOT IN SCHOOL
Pre studying in my opinion is completely pointless. Soak up this time with your kids and your friends/other family because in a few short months you’ll be living at campus, lol. I would say making sure you know how to effectively study is more important than anything else. Also I did the boot camp; I personally did not find it that helpful, because it’s basically pre recorded lectures from our anatomy class that make very little sense out of context. Just my opinion though!
IF you really want to spend some time looking at things, I would start looking at anatomy. Histology and Embryology are the first two classes you’ll take, however they’re one credit classes and it’s best to just wait for the class material because that’s all you’ll need to pass them.
Anatomy is a completely different beast and is absolutely brutal. So if it’s something you feel shaky on, then it’s worth starting to look over now. There’s plenty of anki decks floating around that can help with anatomy.
Don’t even worry about trying to study anything PBL related because PBL doesn’t even fully start till anatomy is done and you won’t know what to even look at till your group picks your learning issues haha.
To summarise though: try to keep studying very very light. Burnout is very real and WILL hit you like a wall lol
You can feel free to message me if you want to talk about seton hill!

Hello!

I am currently working though the matriculation process for LECOM Seton Hill. I was hoping to get some advice on how I can best prepare. I have essentially 6 months off from work until we start class in Late July ( I am very bored!) . As I am a non-traditional student I did learn pre-med really quickly, and found that students who have a more years than me in STEM tend to have a slight leg up. Therefore I would use the breaks between semesters to read through the text and begin to familiarize which led to very successful outcomes in the higher level pre-med courses! Admission recently let us know there would be a "boot camp" to familiarize but I was hoping for more.

So -- anyone willing to give me some homework? With two little kids at home, getting a head of the game is normally so helpful to myself and family!. Thanks in advance.
I’m a current first year at seton hill! I seriously cannot emphasise this enough and I’m sure you’ve heard this already: ENJOY YOUR TIME NOT IN SCHOOL
Pre studying in my opinion is completely pointless. Soak up this time with your kids and your friends/other family because in a few short months you’ll be living at campus, lol. I would say making sure you know how to effectively study is more important than anything else. Also I did the boot camp; I personally did not find it that helpful, because it’s basically pre recorded lectures from our anatomy class that make very little sense out of context. Just my opinion though!
IF you really want to spend some time looking at things, I would start looking at anatomy. Histology and Embryology are the first two classes you’ll take, however they’re one credit classes and it’s best to just wait for the class material because that’s all you’ll need to pass them.
Anatomy is a completely different beast and is absolutely brutal. So if it’s something you feel shaky on, then it’s worth starting to look over now. There’s plenty of anki decks floating around that can help with anatomy.
Don’t even worry about trying to study anything PBL related because PBL doesn’t even fully start till anatomy is done and you won’t know what to even look at till your group picks your learning issues haha.
To summarise though: try to keep studying very very light. Burnout is very real and WILL hit you like a wall lol
You can feel free to message me if you want to talk about seton hill!
Moved the above posts to the LECOM Seton Hill thread to help other accepted students with similar questions.

How was the interview process? Any tips? I just got the email that it is a recorded asynchronous and I am a little nervous.

Does anyone know whats going on with the info session today?

Has anyone who attended the info session on 1/11 and received a 30-day portal update received their decision in the mail yet? I got the 30-day update in my portal on 1/23 and am still waiting for a letter in my mail😭

Is there a groupme for accepted students for the class of 2027?

Hi! My info session is scheduled for next week and I still haven't received the link to complete my interview from Admit Video. Before I reach out to admissions just wanted to check when everyone else got theirs.

Hi! My info session is scheduled for next week and I still haven't received the link to complete my interview from Admit Video. Before I reach out to admissions just wanted to check when everyone else got theirs.
I believe mine was in either the first or second email they sent me. I remember having to scroll down a little to find it

I received my II yesterday (first of the cycle)!! Submitted my secondary on 2/7. Do you guys think interviews this late in the cycle are mostly for waitlist spots? I'd like to know how hopeful I should be..