2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
6 weeks today since 3/22 session... maybe today is the day?? This waiting has been really hard ngl. Especially with the new applications opening yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

6 weeks today since 3/22 session... maybe today is the day?? This waiting has been really hard ngl. Especially with the new applications opening yesterday
That’s ridiculous I’m so sorry :( did you call them/what did they say when you called them?

That’s ridiculous I’m so sorry :( did you call them/what did they say when you called them?
This school is so ridiculous. Had info session 12/6 and still haven’t heard anything. Called them and they said I should have gotten something and to check spam. I told them I never received anything and they send to email admissions. I emailed them over a month ago and they still never got back to me. If this is any indication of how the school is run, then I’m glad they never got back to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thinking about calling today, I wonder what their hours are? I work 8a-4p so I always forget to call. I also don't want to sound unprofessional asking for an update, but I will need to do that sooner than later

probs gonna withdraw from here. Not too thrilled about all of the red flags...

In any case, their admissions process hasn't left the best impression on me. I'll be withdrawing my application from this school as I've gotten in at a few other places. Best wishes to those waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my spot here. I hope it goes to someone else who is deserving of it. Best of luck to everybody!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone on the alternate or waitlist get an email from Dr. Kohen-Carni abour if you’re still interested?

Members don't see this ad :)
A off alternate list! so late I didn't expect it which gives hope there are still spots. I will be withdrawing my spot I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!!

Reactions: 1 user
A off alternate list! so late I didn't expect it which gives hope there are still spots. I will be withdrawing my spot I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!!
Thanks for letting us know! Did you get a call or email asking if you're interested before you got accepted? Also, did they call you or email you about your acceptance?

Thanks for letting us know! Did you get a call or email asking if you're interested before you got accepted? Also, did they call you or email you about your acceptance?
Of course! And no, I never got a call or email before about whether I was still interested. I just got the call saying "are you interested in a spot still?" and I said yes they said "well you're accepted" and they said I was at the "top of the list" all in one phone call.

Of course! And no, I never got a call or email before about whether I was still interested. I just got the call saying "are you interested in a spot still?" and I said yes they said "well you're accepted" and they said I was at the "top of the list" all in one phone call.
That was my experience as well. Kind of odd and I didn't realize I was being offered an acceptance for a bit because they called me once or twice before just to confirm my interest.

Last edited:
Mine was March 15 and haven’t heard anything yet :/
March 22, nothing either. I know of someone whose session was in April 15 I think, and they heard back about being put on the AL...

• Sad
Received a call from someone at Lecom who stated that there is currently some waitlist movement and asked if I would be able to pay $2000 within 48hrs of acceptance. Anyone else get this call?

Reactions: 1 users
Received a call from someone at Lecom who stated that there is currently some waitlist movement and asked if I would be able to pay $2000 within 48hrs of acceptance. Anyone else get this call?

That's in-line with what I was told when I was pulled off the waitlist. The later you get pulled off the waitlist the quicker the turnaround time for the deposit is (and I don't think this is LECOM specific). When I was interviewed late in the cycle for another school I think I had a week or so to put a deposit down.

That's probably a good sign. When was your info session?

I did as well

has anyone else got a call from admissions who is on the waitlist confirming our interest and if we would pay the deposit? Not sure if this means we will get of the waitlist soon, don't want to be too optimistic either.

has anyone else got a call from admissions who is on the waitlist confirming our interest and if we would pay the deposit? Not sure if this means we will get of the waitlist soon, don't want to be too optimistic either.

I also received a phone call the same day you two did. Have either of you heard back from LECOM since then? (I haven't, so I wanted to see if anyone else has.)

i withdrew my acceptance today so there’s at least one seat open!

Did anyone else receive an email today about verifying interest in staying on the alternate list?

I wonder if they’re picking people off the AL when acceptances are withdrawn, one by one? Or are they waiting for a certain number of spots to open up and then accepting the same number of people off the AL all at once? 🕵🏻🤔 All this waiting is making overthink!

I’m at the hospital volunteering right now, and I just got my acceptance email!! Crying at my desk right now! 🥺🥳🤩

Not sure why it wasn't posted here but there is an accepted student FB group that I've found to be helpful esp for housing (not kidding when people say it's by word of mouth over here). It's private so you'll need to confirm you're accepted.

Congrats to everyone and hope to see you on campus!

I just got an email asking if I'm interested/if I can pay a deposit within 48hrs. nervous anticipation~~

got a call 2 weeks ago to see if i’m still interested and now it’s been radio silent for like a week 😭 losing hope that the class isn’t full already :/

Just wanted to offer myself up as a resource for any first years! I've posted here before so I know some people may recognize me already. Rising second year at seton hill, so if anyone has any questions or wants to meet up or anything feel free to message me! I have literally been through every weird situation that happens at lecom (had to remediate a class, have had to get both permanent and temporary accommodations for OPP/school, have had to meet with the academic committee people, etc. etc.) so feel like I have truly been through it all at this point lol

@daj cyrus @kim_eucalyptus did you guys hear anything back?
I just called, and they said all the seats are full as of right now (across all campuses). The last day we would get pulled off the waitlist was the first day of classes. They said all you can do is just wait until someone pulls off.