2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you hear this just for Elmira? Don't forget LECOM has 4 campuses so they will interview more than most other schools
During the Bradenton info session they said they had something like 7000 applicants with 1100+ interviewed, for about 190 seats. I assumed this meant just for Bradenton.

During the Bradenton info session they said they had something like 7000 applicants with 1100+ interviewed, for about 190 seats. I assumed this meant just for Bradenton.
I'm pretty sure Erie and Bradenton are gonna be the campuses most people apply to, plus with virtual asynchronous interviews they're interviewing even more people

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else got an email today about an info session for the MMS program that LECOM offers? I was just wondering if receiving this email about the MMS during the period when I am in my 30-day notice automatically means that I am waitlisted/rejected from LECOM? 😭

question for those that attended their in-person tour: what hotel did you guys choose to stay at? In the email they sent regarding the tour, they listed Clarion Inn as the hotel accommodation and put "LECOM Rate" in parenthesis next to it. Not sure if that means people attending the LECOM tour get a special rate? if anyone has any clarification regarding that-or recommendations in general-I would really appreciate it!

Anyone else not able to access portal? I want to be neurotic and check. Says internal server error

Anyone else not able to access portal? I want to be neurotic and check. Says internal server error
yeah I couldn't either. they might be going through a maintenance check or smth

yeah I couldn't either. they might be going through a maintenance check or smth

Thank you. Now I don’t have to be neurotic about them rejecting me and straight up booting me from their system haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
question for those that attended their in-person tour: what hotel did you guys choose to stay at? In the email they sent regarding the tour, they listed Clarion Inn as the hotel accommodation and put "LECOM Rate" in parenthesis next to it. Not sure if that means people attending the LECOM tour get a special rate? if anyone has any clarification regarding that-or recommendations in general-I would really appreciate it!
Yea if you call the hotel to book and mention LECOM you get a discount

Quick question - when do we get the email about the tour? Is it after the information session?

Quick question - when do we get the email about the tour? Is it after the information session?
I specifically remember emailing adcom for more information, I don't recall them sending one out of their own volition.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll receive an email 1-2 days before your information session with an agenda for the info session, directions on how to submit your campus rankings, etc. At the bottom of that email will be a link to sign up for an optional on-campus day tour. No need to reach out separately :)

Does anyone know about how long it’s been taking to hear back following the information session?

You'll receive an email 1-2 days before your information session with an agenda for the info session, directions on how to submit your campus rankings, etc. At the bottom of that email will be a link to sign up for an optional on-campus day tour. No need to reach out separately :)
Thank you!!

This may be a silly question but if you are invited for an interview at Elmira do you still get to rank between Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira?

This may be a silly question but if you are invited for an interview at Elmira do you still get to rank between Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira?

Be careful though. They hinted during my info session that it would be stupid to rank another campus higher than the one that extended you the interview. Which I kind of agree with.

Reactions: 1 users
Be careful though. They hinted during my info session that it would be stupid to rank another campus higher than the one that extended you the interview. Which I kind of agree with.
I'm actually curious now whether anyone got into a campus they didn't interview at and ranked higher

Just want to make sure, but are we still following the formula of: if you hear anything back within the first 14 days it's usually an acceptance or waitlist while anything past the 14 day mark is usually a rejection/waitlist?

Makes sense, but would they penalize you for ranking Erie higher if you were interested in LDP or DSP? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Elmira and Seton Hill are PBL only and I don’t know if that pathway is the best fit for me

Just checked and received a 14 day decision update for Elmira. Info sess was 1/20.

Oh so they notify you that a decision has been made but you don't know your decision until you get the letter in mail?
Yes, basically I checked my portal randomly the other day and the message was updated stating that a decision was made (but not what the decision actually is) and that a letter will be mailed to me informing me about the decision. The waiting game continues...

Were there any other info sessions after 1/20? Trying to see when they will get to mine on 2/3 for decisions.

Were there any other info sessions after 1/20? Trying to see when they will get to mine on 2/3 for decisions.
1/27, hopefully decisions for my date will come next week. I hope their class isn't full and they drop some As, all I've been seeing is WL/AL recently

So is it actually frowned upon to rank Erie higher when interviewing at Elmira? I have to rank after my info session tomorrow and I'm not so sure PBL is the style for me

So is it actually frowned upon to rank Erie higher when interviewing at Elmira? I have to rank after my info session tomorrow and I'm not so sure PBL is the style for me
Unfortunately, that's what some of us were told. But if you really wouldn't want PBL then I would take my chances

withdrawing my A from here, hopefully goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from 2/3 info session here gotten anything about a decision? It's the 14-day mark since our session.

Anyone from 2/3 info session here gotten anything about a decision? It's the 14-day mark since our session.

Haha. I was just about to post something about this! I’m 2/3. Portal still says the same thing. I’m about jumping out of my skin over here. Would love a decision!

I think the portal changes anywhere from like 3 weeks-2 months after the info sess… once the portal changes then i think it is a 14/30 day notice

I would love to relax but I don’t think I’m wired that way. Haha. Your portal still says the same?
Ye. I try to relax too but I check the portal at least twice a day and it's still the same.

Seems like a lot of movement today from other schools. Anything here?

Does anybody know if LECOM-Elmira accepts update letters? I've already interviewed and am on the alternate list and have significant additional resume-information to write about, but I'm not sure if LECOM accepts updates. And if they do, I'm not sure where I can submit them.

Does anybody know if LECOM-Elmira accepts update letters? I've already interviewed and am on the alternate list and have significant additional resume-information to write about, but I'm not sure if LECOM accepts updates. And if they do, I'm not sure where I can submit them.
You can submit them here: Google Forms: Sign-in

Anyone from the February info sessions hear anything?

• Inappropriate
Portal changed to 14 day notice. Info sesh on 1/27

its-happening-michael-scott.gif

14 day portal update today! Info sesh on 1/27!!

update: I also got an alternate list

Last edited: