Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been able to get through to admission, I have called couple of times and it goes straight to voicemail for Lisa. I also wrote a couple of email to admission with no reply.
Yeah, I've gotten through each time to someone, and have left a message with Lisa and she calls or emails back quickly! What are you trying to accomplish?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I've gotten through each time to someone, and have left a message with Lisa and she calls or emails back quickly! What are you trying to accomplish?

i just want to make sure my update letter was delivered. I sent an email to Lisa and left two voicemails also. but i haven't heard anything back.

This is her email address correct : [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Until actually rejected by any school, anything is possible. I know plenty of people who interviewed places over the summer before matriculation. Prepare for the worst (to reapply or consider any alternative acceptances)-- but hope for the best and don't self reject.
Does LECOM even waitlist before interview, though? The waitlist has existed for some time now. I would say if someone hasn't been invited for an interview by now, then chances aren't good :/ Just trying to be realistic here. I agree about not self-rejecting, though. Just keep a realistic view!

Reactions: 1 user
Right, but the first week of April is very different than the last week of April in med school world. LECOM cites interviews as July-April, so I couldn't imagine them inviting anyone to go for an interview before the end of this week.

They've compiled a large waitlist it seems and that'll begin to move as people put deposits elsewhere and withdraw. I just wouldn't bank on any more interviews! But don't take my word for if, do the legwork and check out last year's thread. Again, I'm just being realistic at this point in the year chances seem slim- the next cycle opens in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
For all of the upcoming newbies on this site who will be applying in this new cycle........................great article to read on SDN Created April 25, 2012 by David Steinhardt titled Getting into Medical School. I agree with every suggestion he makes but one. I do not know how all on this site feel but you do not have to have in the 30's MCAT score to get into DO Medical schools. I did not, my other family members did not and my friends did not. Do not let that deter you if you did not hit 30. Check the individual sites of schools and they will give you their AVERAGE MCAT that they are looking for. Good luck to all that are beginning this long and stressful journey. Whenever you want to throw in the towel, remember the millions before you that had to do it. If they can do it, so can you! To all who are waiting to hear on this site.....................I am there waiting to hear with you. I wish all of you luck. If you do not get in this round, you will not be the first, you will not be the last. Try again if becoming a doctor is your calling. To those who did not get in your first, second or even third choice but GOT IN..............there is a reason for everything! I firmly believe in that and one day I think all of us will understand why the chips fell where they did. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 2 users
Did all the other alternate list hopefuls receive the second email today about confirming your interest to stay on the alternate list?! Must mean they're getting ready to take some more people off the list!! (Probably after the MD deadline tomorrow).

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement on the waitlist so far, when is the usual time in the cycle you see movement on the waitlist ?

I'm a first-year at Seton Hill. I don't know when movement started last year, but I do know it continued into orientation. Back-up plans are always wise but don't give up hope!

Hey all! I'm interviewing in Erie tomorrow and staying at the Glass House Inn. If anyone wants to get together this evening or split a cab tomorrow morning let me know! :) Good luck all.

Hey guys I interviewed at SH on 3/30 and haven't heard back from them yet and I was wondering if anyone who interviewed that day has heard back or even had their portal change cuz so far I've had absolutely no change in anything as of yet and it's making me nervous :p I realize this isn't the official SH thread but this thread gets more activity so I just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance!!

I just interview 4/24 and didn't check my status until today and it says the admissions com has made a decisions. Anyone else have that quick a turn around with positive results?

I just interview 4/24 and didn't check my status until today and it says the admissions com has made a decisions. Anyone else have that quick a turn around with positive results?

I wish haha, mine hasn't changed from the "you've been granted an interview" message.. congrats though! Sounds like good news

Just withdrew my spot at LECOM. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Really liked the school since it was so close to home but I couldn't pass up one of my other opportunities.

Actually just checked today and under the "Lake Eerie" tab it says "decision made" but under Seton Hill there isn't anything (even though I interviewed there).. Not sure if a decision is under the Eerie tab under default or if that has to do with the campus I was selected/rejected for. Anyone else wondering this?

Actually just checked today and under the "Lake Eerie" tab it says "decision made" but under Seton Hill there isn't anything (even though I interviewed there).. Not sure if a decision is under the Eerie tab under default or if that has to do with the campus I was selected/rejected for. Anyone else wondering this?
When I interviewed at seton hill the tab under eerie changed to decision been made expect a letter in ten days and it's said that since. The seton hill had no portal status change until about five weeks after my interview and now I'm waiting for the letter to come in the mail for me to know exactly what that decision is
Edit: I picked seton hill as my first choice

Last edited:
When I interviewed at seton hill the tab under eerie changed to decision been made expect a letter in ten days and it's said that since. The seton hill had no portal status change until about five weeks after my interview and now I'm waiting for the letter to come in the mail for me to know exactly what that decision is
Edit: I picked seton hill as my first choice
Gotcha, yeah I picked seton hill as my first choice as well.. we'll see haha, hopefully it's not too long before we both hear. Good luck!

How long does it typically take, post-interview, from the status to change from "your application is under review" to whatever follows?

Just got my picture taken and white coat measured... Last interview day today is huge! Good luck everyone

Just got accepted off the waitlist for Erie LDP yesterday! So excited to have the opportunity to attend LECOM - I've been on several waitlists and sitting tight for a very long time (almost a year).

To those still waiting: hang in there! I've been making plans for a gap year, and I was preparing to reapply. I know waiting is tough, but if you're dedicated to becoming a doctor, you'll all get there. Don't give up.

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to meet my classmates in July!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist for Erie LDP yesterday! So excited to have the opportunity to attend LECOM - I've been on several waitlists and sitting tight for a very long time (almost a year).

To those still waiting: hang in there! I've been making plans for a gap year, and I was preparing to reapply. I know waiting is tough, but if you're dedicated to becoming a doctor, you'll all get there. Don't give up.

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to meet my classmates in July!

Congrats!!! Did they call you or send an email?

Congrats!!! Did they call you or send an email?

My portal changed to "a decision has been made" on Monday, and I received a letter on Thursday. From what I understand, all decisions are delivered via snail mail.

I was quite surprised that I even got an interview invite as I had sent in my secondary app on April 1st. On April 9th, I got the interview invitation for May 8th. I just had mine a few hours ago. Now just have to sit back and wait. I'm going to apply to some post-bac programs just in case if I have to take a gap year.

I must be losing my mind. I don't remember that during my interview. Did you interview at Erie?
Haha I interviewed in August! Before classes start they ask students to go get their ID badge photo taken and white coat sized. I was looking at apartments and stopped by LECOM :)

My portal changed to "a decision has been made" on Monday, and I received a letter on Thursday. From what I understand, all decisions are delivered via snail mail.

Congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats and how long you were on the wait-list ?

Anyone interview 3/30 at seton and picked Erie as 1 get accepted?

Anyone accepted and looking for housing check my post under LECOM Erie housing.

Welp. It’s been almost six months since being on the alternate list. No change in portal so far this month. Going to have to decide what to do soon.

So far there has been 1 person that's was taken off. I have My fingers crossed, hopefully we hear good news in the future

Reactions: 1 users