Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I assure you, it wasn't that difficult today to have the true stickshifthonda shine through to the interviewers.

You must be relieved - one interview down and you feel good about it
Did you pick early assurance or are you waiting till November?

Members don't see this ad.

I chose early- I just want to know ASAP!

Haha, have fun checking the LECOM every single day for the next month or more !
I'll be doing the same, I'm ready to put in the deposit asap

I'm just confused about the change -- past few years LECOM had been extremely quick with its decisions, and in fact usually came to a decision by the wednesday after the interview, and would mail it out afterwards - I wonder what changed?

Looks like an agonizing wait is ahead of us

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the proper etiquette to say thank you? email admissions or send a hand written note ? or send to our interviewers?

What is the proper etiquette to say thank you? email admissions or send a hand written note ? or send to our interviewers?
I was wondering the same thing but couldn't find the physical mailing address for the professors, so I sent an email.

Hey guys. For anyone interviewing this Friday, I'm staying at the Econolodge and am planning to take a cab to LECOM Friday morning. If you're staying there or at a nearby hotel, we could split it? Even better, if you happen to have a car and could possibly give me a ride, I would really appreciate it! Please let me know.

Doesn't seen like there are any SDNers interviewing with me but just got in to Erie if anyone wants to grab dinner or a drink tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is staying at the days inn feel free to PM me, wouldn't mind saying hi

I'm exhausted from my 9 hour quest though so I don't know if I'd be up for too much beyond that. Oh, also I don't drink, sorry @yohooDO :p

If I you PM me and I don't respond it's probably because I collapsed on my bed !

Good luck you guys !!! With 300+ seats more than enough room for us SDNers to sneak in!!

(Ahhhh - ranting because I'm nervous as heck)

Members don't see this ad :)
Boston's on Peach Street if anyone wants to join!

How long does it take for LECOM to process letters. My pre-med adviser is sending mine in tomorrow and I have interview scheduled for next Friday (22nd). Should I reschedule to later date?

I believe it took about a week maybe a little less. Im not sure but I do not think a reschedule is necessary. I could be wrong but my impression is that you just won't get reviewed until they get your letters.

Just got an interview invite!

Application processed today at 1030 and ii at 230. Crazy fast turnaround time!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so I just got an emailed saying my secondary is processed and when I log on to see my admission status it says a decision has been made and I should review an official letter. Is that a rejection?

I have a 3.5 gpa and 28mcat

Hey so I just got an emailed saying my secondary is processed and when I log on to see my admission status it says a decision has been made and I should review an official letter. Is that a rejection?

I have a 3.5 gpa and 28mcat
As in you will hey the interview invite tmrw

Really??? I was sure it would be a rejection letter in the mail!

Ahh thanks. I hope you're right. I didn't go through this whole thread so I'm asking this; when is your interview?

First rejection of the cycle. IS applicant w/ 3.7+ GPA and 29 MCAT. Very shocked considering I received interviews at other schools that have higher averages that LECOM.

First rejection of the cycle. IS applicant w/ 3.7+ GPA and 29 MCAT. Very shocked considering I received interviews at other schools that have higher averages that LECOM.
Sorry buddy. I feel for you, this process is a mystery!

I think you're not telling us something. That or they legitimately mistook your application for somethjng else.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you not have shadowing or clinical experience?

Truly enjoyable experience interviewing here. Love the location, love the school. Faculty was enthusiastic and friendly.

Interview was as all say, a laid back group interview. However, you are given chances to distinguish yourself even though you are only asked 2-3 questions directly. It's just necessary to the seize the moment as much as possible.

I chose Early Decision (decision by Sept 30) - If accepted I'm getting out my checkbook for a seat right away, that's how convinced I am about this school

The waiting game begins!

Reactions: 5 users
Truly enjoyable experience interviewing here. Love the location, love the school. Faculty was enthusiastic and friendly.

Interview was as all say, a laid back group interview. However, you are given chances to distinguish yourself even though you are only asked 2-3 questions directly. It's just necessary to the seize the moment as much as possible.

I chose Early Decision (decision by Sept 30) - If accepted I'm getting out my checkbook for a seat right away, that's how convinced I am about this school

The waiting game begins!

Honestly I can say that I feel similarly. LECOM really surprised me because in truth the school has been painted by SDN as an unbearable prison and I personally can say that I found it to be very homely and developed.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you not have shadowing or clinical experience?
I have everything required (MD/DO Shadowing, clinical, and any other requirements), which is why I don't understand the rejection letter. It's okay though since I received invites at other schools, although I was hoping to stay in Florida.

I have everything required (MD/DO Shadowing, clinical, and any other requirements), which is why I don't understand the rejection letter. It's okay though since I received invites at other schools, although I was hoping to stay in Florida.

This is the Erie thread btw lol. Bradenton is a weird duck and is very unlike Erie in their selective methods, which is why we're all a bit surprised.

This is the Erie thread btw lol. Bradenton is a weird duck and is very unlike Erie in their selective methods, which is why we're all a bit surprised.
Oh my bad. I didn't apply to Erie. What do you mean by Bradenton's weird selective methods?

Well this is the LECOM-E thread so maybe that makes a difference? I was under the impression LECOM-B and LECOM-E were very similar in stats.

I never received an official letter before my interview. Although, I am waiting for an official letter for their decision... you haven't interviewed yet though! So I'm stumped.

Oh my bad. I didn't apply to Erie. What do you mean by Bradenton's weird selective methods?

Much heavier emphasis on mcat and having to show enormous dedication and desire to be a part of the PBL system.

Much heavier emphasis on mcat and having to show enormous dedication and desire to be a part of the PBL system.

Oh, that answers why I was rejected. I really don't want to partake in PBL unless I have to.

I got an interview here with a fairly low mcat and low subsection, so i dont know how true this is

You do realize Bradenton campus is 100% PBL?

Right, which is why I added unless I have to. My desire to be a physician is greater than "this isn't my favorite school but they were the only ones to interview me". But, I don't have to worry about it since they decided no and I've got interviews elsewhere.

I got an interview here with a fairly low mcat and low subsection, so i dont know how true this is

What was your mcat score? Did you make your PS make you seem very favorable or open to PBL?

I would more or less chalk it up to random chance or a red flag, I don't know how one could stress PBL in PS

That's more something they'll do during interviews

As for LECOM-Erie - interview thank you notes - necessary formality or no? How do we go about these without specific contact info

@yankees527 did you mean "here" as in Erie or Bradenton?

I would more or less chalk it up to random chance or a red flag, I don't know how one could stress PBL in PS

As for LECOM-Erie - interview thank you notes - necessary formality or no? How do we go about these without specific contact info

I've been told they're unnecessary. If you do them, keep it short and professional.

I think Bradenton has it's only process. Not sure what that's like. I was placed on hold with a 28 (and 26), both even a 26 isn't that off from their average.

Are we doing email thank you notes or actually written ?

Whats PBL system? I hope I dont sound stupid.. I just have no idea what that stands for