Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted480308

They are in aacomas now so let's get the official application discussion thread going!

Good luck applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe I should apply never know what this cycle can bring.

Maybe I should apply never know what this cycle can bring.

I'm trying to save money, I'm holding on to a few secondaries in hopes of getting good news next week from an early interview. If that doesn't pan out, I will immediately apply here as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are in aacomas now so let's get the official application discussion thread going!

Good luck applicants!

If liberty university is liberty city, then god help us all.

Last edited:
I'm not taking my foot off the gas until I have an acceptance on hand.

If I remember, your stats are 3.7/3.6/25... Unless you have the personality of a rock, there is no freaking way you won't have multiple acceptances if you apply to 12-15 schools.

If I remember, your stats are 3.7/3.6/25... Unless you have the personality of a rock, there is no freaking way you won't have multiple acceptances if you apply to 12-15 schools.

Agreed

Personality of a rock?
rock-580x326.jpg

Anyways
Back to topic
To anyone wondering, this school doesnt accept internationals yet

Reactions: 1 user
Is this school using virtual evals?

Not sure. I know they are doing Interfolio. I am excited about this school. They seem to have their act together. I think this is going to turn into a great medical school.

Has anyone received a secondary from here yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I don't think they have sent any out yet. I submitted my recommendations last Thursday and called and talked with admissions. They said they were hoping to get them out this week...but obviously that doesn't look like it is happening.

No I don't think they have sent any out yet. I submitted my recommendations last Thursday and called and talked with admissions. They said they were hoping to get them out this week...but obviously that doesn't look like it is happening.

The admissions team is so nice. I sent my recommendations in a little over a week ago. I look forward to hearing from them.

There are a TON of requirements in order to apply here. Biochem, stats, Cell bio,

Can research credit count twords the 4 additional credit hours?

I just read a pdf on their site that states they require an 8 or above for verbal. The 6's relate only to sciences (which is weird). You would think they would make 8 or above the requirement for the BS section. Hopefully they won't be that picky about verbal.

I just read a pdf on their site that states they require an 8 or above for verbal. The 6's relate only to sciences (which is weird). You would think they would make 8 or above the requirement for the BS section. Hopefully they won't be that picky about verbal.

I'm curious where you saw this pdf?

It's Liberty. Mainstream science is against Christianity, remember, but you need good verbal skills to read the Bible.

Reactions: 3 users
It's Liberty. Mainstream science is against Christianity, remember, but you need good verbal skills to read the Bible.

I literally LOLd

Reactions: 1 user
I applies to this school but didn't know about the 8 in Vr rule. I have a 7. Am I going to be screened?

I applies to this school but didn't know about the 8 in Vr rule. I have a 7. Am I going to be screened?

I hope their requirement isn't that stringent. I know their site states it though. Perhaps they will overlook it if your app has something they want.

Very excited about this school. Hoping they will not screen for below 8 on verbal.

I didn't see anything about the 8 in VR. Here's what I found out:

Applicants must have a cumulative score of at least 22 on MCAT and have no score less than 6 to be considered for admissions unless a waiver is granted by the LUCOM Dean. Preference for admission consideration is a MCAT > 25. MCAT scores < 3 years old may be submitted for consideration. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations is not applicable for admission consideration.

I didn't see anything about the 8 in VR. Here's what I found out:

Applicants must have a cumulative score of at least 22 on MCAT and have no score less than 6 to be considered for admissions unless a waiver is granted by the LUCOM Dean. Preference for admission consideration is a MCAT > 25. MCAT scores < 3 years old may be submitted for consideration. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations is not applicable for admission consideration.

Click on academic catalog and read the academic catalog.

Edit: Here I made it easier.

Applicants must have a cumulative score of at least 22 on the MCAT and have no score less than
6 to be considered for admissions unless a waiver is granted by the LUCOM Dean. The student
should obtain a minimum of 8 on verbal reasoning to be considered for admission unless he/she
can establish English as second language or demonstrate extenuating circumstances. Preference
for admission consideration is a MCAT > 25. MCAT scores < 3 years old may be submitted for
consideration. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations is not
applicable for admission consideration.

Click on academic catalog and read the academic catalog.

Edit: Here I made it easier.

Applicants must have a cumulative score of at least 22 on the MCAT and have no score less than
6 to be considered for admissions unless a waiver is granted by the LUCOM Dean. The student
should obtain a minimum of 8 on verbal reasoning to be considered for admission unless he/she
can establish English as second language or demonstrate extenuating circumstances. Preference
for admission consideration is a MCAT > 25. MCAT scores < 3 years old may be submitted for
consideration. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations is not
applicable for admission consideration.

So it seems for those who meet every req except for the 8 in verbal, we would have to provide "extenuating circumstance" .... Sounds like its not all black and white

So it seems for those who meet every req except for the 8 in verbal, we would have to provide "extenuating circumstance" .... Sounds like its not all black and white

Yeah I am wondering how flexible they are.

I am.. and I'm waiting for that secondary lol

Me too! I wonder how many applications they will receive this cycle.

I know that SDN represents like 2% of the pre-med pop, but this thread is getting NO love.

I think they are going to hold fast to their 8 in verbal requirement. I just have a feeling.

Me too! I wonder how many applications they will receive this cycle.

I know that SDN represents like 2% of the pre-med pop, but this thread is getting NO love.

Not many people know about the school honestly. It didn't get added to AACOMAs until much later in the cycle.

I wonder if this school will give scholarships for a strong first class. Some schools are known to do this so that they can have a good match.

I think they are going to hold fast to their 8 in verbal requirement. I just have a feeling.

I don't see how anyone could know that though. It's just speculation. I think it will be up to admissions discretion and the app as a whole. Verbal should NOT dictate someone's success as a physician lol. I have scores tons of 11-13s in practice and had a horrible test day. I guess I shouldn't be a doctor

I don't see how anyone could know that though. It's just speculation. I think it will be up to admissions discretion and the app as a whole. Verbal should NOT dictate someone's success as a physician lol. I have scores tons of 11-13s in practice and had a horrible test day. I guess I shouldn't be a doctor

I agree. I got 10-11's on AAMC FL Verbals and scored a 6. It is up to them though.

I agree. I got 10-11's on AAMC FL Verbals and scored a 6. It is up to them though.

Wow. I feel you. It does suck but I made a test taking error. I'm sure you did too .. Lets just hope they see past a fluke and are lenient. One thing I'm confused about.. Why in the world does this school require biochem? I haven't take. Biochem . Is it the full course or the labs?

Wow. I feel you. It does suck but I made a test taking error. I'm sure you did too .. Lets just hope they see past a fluke and are lenient. One thing I'm confused about.. Why in the world does this school require biochem? I haven't take. Biochem . Is it the full course or the labs?

And by that I mean, do they require you to take one biochem lecture, or do they want all lectures and labs ?

Just got the secondary via email

Congrats! It is very important to determine the extent of their stringent nature...care to share your stats?

EDIT: Great success!!!! Just got it too.

Congrats! It is very important to determine the extent of their stringent nature...care to share your stats?

EDIT: Great success!!!! Just got it too.

Oops I forgot ! 3.45c/3.3s 28(9/10/9). I created a password for their system but it never gave me a username to login with ...

Oops I forgot ! 3.45c/3.3s 28(9/10/9). I created a password for their system but it never gave me a username to login with ...

Working on that now. WOW! They are already giving us e-mail addresses.....

Your stats are competitive for most DO schools... Any particular reason you are applying to LUCOM...

Your stats are competitive for most DO schools... Any particular reason you are applying to LUCOM...

I'm not quite late in applying, but I'm not early so I applied to 18 DO schools. Probably overkill, but I guess i just prefer to be safe