Lincoln Memorial CDM Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Lincoln Memorial CDM Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Lincoln Memorial College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Lincoln Memorial University College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
N/A - The school does not have data on the ADEA guide just yet. Will update once it gets updated!
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a supplemental application for LMU? Does anyone know where to find it?

Has anyone gotten an invite? If so what we’re your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invite to their dental boot camp today, which also includes an interview. It seems pretty interesting, but I also know that it’s somewhat pricey. I’d be interested to know how big of an impact attending or not attending has on admission to the school.

Reactions: 1 users
If my understanding is correct here, it seems like they want you to pay $600 for a guaranteed interview. There is absolutely no way I am giving $600 to a brand new school. If it's enough for literally every other school to gauge if I'm a good fit for their program from my application alone, why is it that LMU needs me to pay for their $600 program to do this? After the cost of travel, food, and a hotel, their "Performance Bootcamp" easily costs $1000. Since the email claimed that it's "integral to our application and admissions process", it appears as if they are offering pay-to-win acceptances. I honestly hope I am just having some kind of misunderstanding because otherwise I will withdraw my application. It's disgraceful.

Reactions: 2 users
If my understanding is correct here, it seems like they want you to pay $600 for a guaranteed interview. There is absolutely no way I am giving $600 to a brand new school. If it's enough for literally every other school to gauge if I'm a good fit for their program from my application alone, why is it that LMU needs me to pay for their $600 program to do this? After the cost of travel, food, and a hotel, their "Performance Bootcamp" easily costs $1000. Since the email claimed that it's "integral to our application and admissions process", it appears as if they are offering pay-to-win acceptances. I honestly hope I am just having some kind of misunderstanding because otherwise I will withdraw my application. It's disgraceful.
They’re preying on desperate applicants who don’t know better. No other school does this bc they don’t need to. That should be your first sign

They’re preying on desperate applicants who don’t know better. No other school does this bc they don’t need to. That should be your first sign
Yea, this is just not true. I have attended the camp... Also there is nothing about the camp that is mandatory to be admitted. The only thing that gets you admitted is having everything you need to have (19AA or higher, gpa requirements, etc.). The interview was a plus, but that's definitely not the reason to go to the camp. They do a hand skills test and allow you to work with the simodont trainers during camp.... the technology, by the way, that the current student use for some assessments. @Tooth_Driller you should probably read this too. I have friends currently attending some that did and didn't go to the bootcamp.

Refer to my above comment BUT i also know people who went to the camp (with me) that were not admitted. There is no, how you say, "pay-to-win" acceptances happening there.... lol

Reactions: 1 user
I received an invite to their dental boot camp today, which also includes an interview. It seems pretty interesting, but I also know that it’s somewhat pricey. I’d be interested to know how big of an impact attending or not attending has on admission to the school.
The only things i can tell you is that when i was there, we worked with the simodont trainers, got to talk with current students, were given a tour of the facilities, and got to interview with (for me) the dean or the associate dean. If you dont have the money, dont go. But if you do, id say its worth going to, but thats just my opinion.

they also scored our hand skills which, if they are good, adds a bonus to your application which is neat.

Is there a supplemental application for LMU? Does anyone know where to find it?
There is! LMU is using adea now and the supplemental application is the last step in the process! pretty sure its also on their website though

Refer to my above comment BUT i also know people who went to the camp (with me) that were not admitted. There is no, how you say, "pay-to-win" acceptances happening there.... lol
You stated that the hand skill scoring is considered in their review of your application. Wouldn't this technically be a pay-to-win endeavor? If two applicants have the same stats and one has an extra $600 lying around but the other doesn't, how is this not just paying for an advantage?

Even if there was no advantage, why are they so adamant about trying to get people to attend their camp? They have sent me multiple emails that are practically begging me to give them money at this point, highlighting how important it is in the application process. What experience could I possibly gain from attending the camp that would be worth it? It seems like a waste of money to practice on simodonts for 2 days when you will be working with them constantly in dental school. Why would I need to pay $600 for a tour and interview when I can do so for free, since you say the camp isn't required. I honestly can't see how this isn't a money grab.

You stated that the hand skill scoring is considered in their review of your application. Wouldn't this technically be a pay-to-win endeavor? If two applicants have the same stats and one has an extra $600 lying around but the other doesn't, how is this not just paying for an advantage?

Even if there was no advantage, why are they so adamant about trying to get people to attend their camp? They have sent me multiple emails that are practically begging me to give them money at this point, highlighting how important it is in the application process. What experience could I possibly gain from attending the camp that would be worth it? It seems like a waste of money to practice on simodonts for 2 days when you will be working with them constantly in dental school. Why would I need to pay $600 for a tour and interview when I can do so for free, since you say the camp isn't required. I honestly can't see how this isn't a money grab.
The fact is, if you have good hand skills, and you score high, why wouldn't they consider that? but whether or not you have a hand skills test isn't contingent on your acceptance, so therefore, again disproving your "pay-to-win" claim.

I honestly don't care what you believe since, again, I know students in the school who did and WHO DIDN'T attend the camp. If you don't like the offer of an admissions camp that teaches you more about the school and gives you an opportunity to use the facilities....... hear me out, don't attend the camp?????? Like I said, its not required. So, your point is moot.

also, if you want them to stop emailing you..... maybe tell them you aren't interested in the camp?? But if I'm being honest, if all you're doing is bashing LMU on some random forum, maybe don't apply.

The fact is, if you have good hand skills, and you score high, why wouldn't they consider that? but whether or not you have a hand skills test isn't contingent on your acceptance, so therefore, again disproving your "pay-to-win" claim.

I honestly don't care what you believe since, again, I know students in the school who did and WHO DIDN'T attend the camp. If you don't like the offer of an admissions camp that teaches you more about the school and gives you an opportunity to use the facilities....... hear me out, don't attend the camp?????? Like I said, its not required. So, your point is moot.

also, if you want them to stop emailing you..... maybe tell them you aren't interested in the camp?? But if I'm being honest, if all you're doing is bashing LMU on some random forum, maybe don't apply.

I get that you absolutely love this school because all your friends go there and you willingly paid for their camp, but the fact is that they don’t mention anywhere that the camp is optional. They present the camp as if it’s a required component of your application. There wouldn’t be confusion by so many people if LMU had included the slightest indication that the camp is not required.

I don’t think its bashing to call into question the motives behind LMU’s decisions. I hold all dental schools to the same standard. If any other school in my list caused me as much trouble or confusion as this school, I would tell people about my experience all the same.

LMU has made things difficult with their dual-application process, the fact that they’ve taken over a month to respond to any questions I’ve had, and the bootcamp that I only heard was optional from some guy on a forum. Do you understand how this causes frustration?

Members don't see this ad :)
I get that you absolutely love this school because all your friends go there and you willingly paid for their camp, but the fact is that they don’t mention anywhere that the camp is optional. They present the camp as if it’s a required component of your application. There wouldn’t be confusion by so many people if LMU had included the slightest indication that the camp is not required.

I don’t think its bashing to call into question the motives behind LMU’s decisions. I hold all dental schools to the same standard. If any other school in my list caused me as much trouble or confusion as this school, I would tell people about my experience all the same.

LMU has made things difficult with their dual-application process, the fact that they’ve taken over a month to respond to any questions I’ve had, and the bootcamp that I only heard was optional from some guy on a forum. Do you understand how this causes frustration?
I understand your frustration. But most schools who use ADEA also have supplemental apps...

Let me add, I am also receiving the emails you were talking about and I have only received two...

In the first email it says "open to any applicant who wants to apply" and the second was just the lady reaching out again encouraging you to "take advantage of the opportunity."

Reading comprehension skills will tell you that means it isn't mandatory. Why didn't you email back and ask if you were so worked up over it? I just feel like all of your "confusion" could have been avoided. Thats just my thoughts.

I understand your frustration. But most schools who use ADEA also have supplemental apps...

Let me add, I am also receiving the emails you were talking about and I have only received two...

In the first email it says "open to any applicant who wants to apply" and the second was just the lady reaching out again encouraging you to "take advantage of the opportunity."

Reading comprehension skills will tell you that means it isn't mandatory. Why didn't you email back and ask if you were so worked up over it? I just feel like all of your "confusion" could have been avoided. Thats just my thoughts.
Supplemental apps do not cost $600. Paying a $75 fee is not ideal, but you can't possibly compare that to $600. I just don't understand why you are so defensive over LMU. Almost everything you have replied with has been snarky and aggressive, buy why? You and I are in the exact same situation applying to dental schools, but you seem personally offended by people criticizing the decisions of this one school that views you as a piggy bank. This is the case for every other dental school as well; there's no point in shilling for any of them. You are acting as if this school is the only place you've applied to and are trying desperately to justify your decision. I didn't email back because my previous experience showed me that I would have to wait several weeks for a response. Your reading comprehension skills should have made this clear to you since I said "they’ve taken over a month to respond to any questions I’ve had".

Supplemental apps do not cost $600. Paying a $75 fee is not ideal, but you can't possibly compare that to $600. I just don't understand why you are so defensive over LMU. Almost everything you have replied with has been snarky and aggressive, buy why? You and I are in the exact same situation applying to dental schools, but you seem personally offended by people criticizing the decisions of this one school that views you as a piggy bank. This is the case for every other dental school as well; there's no point in shilling for any of them. You are acting as if this school is the only place you've applied to and are trying desperately to justify your decision. I didn't email back because my previous experience showed me that I would have to wait several weeks for a response. Your reading comprehension skills should have made this clear to you since I said "they’ve taken over a month to respond to any questions I’ve had".
When i mentioned the supplemental application, I wasn't referring to the bootcamp. At the end of the day, it was only annoying seeing a completely false narrative being spread over this platform, which i joined for support.

Edit: Also if we're both being honest, what professional school (law, medical, dental, etc.) doesn't view students as a piggy bank.

When i mentioned the supplemental application, I wasn't referring to the bootcamp. At the end of the day, it was only annoying seeing a completely false narrative being spread over this platform, which i joined for support.

Edit: Also if we're both being honest, what professional school (law, medical, dental, etc.) doesn't view students as a piggy bank.
I was only describing my experience thus far with the application process, an experience shared by others on this forum and reddit. I have not and will not knowingly spread a false narrative about a school, but I will describe my experiences that I have with these schools as I perceive them. I too joined the platform for support, but I also use it to see how my experiences compare to others who have already been through the process or who are currently applying.

All of them see us that way, so that's why I take the position that it is a pointless endeavor to defend their virtue. My only relationship to a school will be in the form of a transaction because that's how they view it as well.

So, besides the rant here, anyone gotten an interview (no bootcamp) yet?

• Haha
Nothing on the official interview tracker. Last year, people didn’t get interview invites until January or later
almost as if they were selecting from people who didn't get accepted to any other schools...

• Haha
Is the LMU supplemental just the application on their website?
The supplemental questions are in the school specific materials on ADEA AADSAS. the LMU-CDM application is an identical copy of the ADEA application (with the exception of supplemental essays), so you have to copy and paste everything over.

The supplemental questions are in the school specific materials on ADEA AADSAS. the LMU-CDM application is an identical copy of the ADEA application (with the exception of supplemental essays), so you have to copy and paste everything over.
Hahaha yeah I did that took forever was just wondering there was anything else

I'm a D1 there now and truthfully, I think it definitely does help for acceptance but is certainly not required. There are quite a few students in my class that did the BootCamp but a lot of us didn't. I for sure wasn't about to pay all that money! I think it's a good thing to do if you have no dental background and don't have a strong application. Also just to clarify, I'm not sure why it seems that bootcamp is so stressed to yall, so I'm sorry there's so much confusion.

Dm if any of yall have any questions at all. I'd be more than happy to help : )

Last edited:
Is anyone able to advise me on the writing sample for LMU AADSAS app? I’m not certain what type of 3 page writing sample they are looking for? I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Has anyone heard anything back from the school?

Is it too late to apply to LMU? I'm getting scared because I haven't gotten any interviews from any schools. Does anyone know the stats of students who get in? Also, I know they require a couple of examples of your writing. I wrote a book chapter in an oral surgery book and it's 10 pages with pictures and references and when I cut it down it's still 5. Should I still submit it? It's my best writing piece.

Last edited:
I just received an interview invitation and it is scheduled for Oct 20th. I finished my application around mid September (never did the bootcamp). Does anyone know what’s their interview format?

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/9/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/23
Application complete date: 7/3/23
GPA
(science, overall): S 3.92, O 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/25/No
Method of interview: In-person or Virtual

Is anyone able to advise me on the writing sample for LMU AADSAS app? I’m not certain what type of 3 page writing sample they are looking for? I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Hey, I'm not sure why they ask that but it's nothing serious! You can just upload some old essays, personal poetry/writing selections, or research papers. But I really don't think they care for it too much

Is it too late to apply to LMU? I'm getting scared because I haven't gotten any interviews from any schools. Does anyone know the stats of students who get in? Also, I know they require a couple of examples of your writing. I wrote a book chapter in an oral surgery book and it's 10 pages with pictures and references and when I cut it down it's still 5. Should I still submit it? It's my best writing piece.
The stats of my class (D1 here), are lower from what I've heard. A fair amount of people got their masters, around 15% of the class or so. I'm not exactly sure what the average is, but I think if you are a well-rounded applicant with at least around an 18AA, you'll be fine! For the writing selection, you can submit anything at all that shows your writing style. Old essay, poem, song even! That book would be good as well. But it's def not too late! I think I submitted my application in early November and I'm in and living the dream now!! Best of luck : )

Hey, I'm not sure why they ask that but it's nothing serious! You can just upload some old essays, personal poetry/writing selections, or research papers. But I really don't think they care for it too much
Thank you for your advice! Did you submit 3 or just 1? Is 1 sufficient?

any last min advice on acing the interview to get an acceptance?? I'm really interested in LMU

Just applied today. Since it is a little late in the year, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding supplemental fees, interview, etc. Do you know if they still do the "BootCamp" this late in the cycle as well?
I applied around this exam time last year and I heard back about 2 weeks after I submitted my app! And yes, the BootCamp should go until January I believe

I'm a D1 there now and truthfully, I think it definitely does help for acceptance but is certainly not required. There are quite a few students in my class that did the BootCamp but a lot of us didn't. I for sure wasn't about to pay all that money! I think it's a good thing to do if you have no dental background and don't have a strong application. Also just to clarify, I'm not sure why it seems that bootcamp is so stressed to yall, so I'm sorry there's so much confusion.

Dm if any of yall have any questions at all. I'd be more than happy to help : )
Hi, how do you feel about the school as a D1 student? What do you like and dislike about the school? Thank you!

What does it mean if my AADSAS portal says Waitlisted but I haven’t had an interview?

Hi, how do you feel about the school as a D1 student? What do you like and dislike about the school? Thank you!
I Hope Decisions Day went well for all of you!!

Personally, I'm not much of a complainer so I don't have many things I don't like. But the environment is something I love. My class isn't really competitive, so there's no toxicity. But I heard for the D2 class there's more tension and such. If any D1 is overly competitive, they're just competing with themselves tbh. We also have amazing professors who truly want us to succeed and many of them oversaw boards so they know exactly what they ask. So even though we're in our 1st year, we're already being prepped for boards without even realizing it.

As for dislikes, I would have to say the communication. The school's doing great for being so new, I think it's fairly organized considering that. But, some things we're told last minute, or classes/topics can be switched around last minute which gets annoying. We also take cumulative exams EVERY Monday, which sucks because you spend every weekend studying, but kind of makes sense. Since it's weekly, we have fewer questions and we'll remember the material better. Versus taking it every 2-3 weeks and having 100 questions per exam. We began taking them on Canvas, but there's been issues of credibility with some students so we take paper exams now :/ Some people prefer that though so they can write out their thoughts.