LIU c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they emailed today and said they are still making decisions like how??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything yet? Any updates?

Nope I haven’t at least. I honestly think they might be waiting to see how many students they have that accepted their seat. It’s crazy because the deadline is in a couple days.

This is killing me!! I just wanna know like where i stand in wait list you know :/

Keep in mind that the admissions staff lives right in the middle of a hot zone of coronavirus. While this admissions process hasnt been smooth even before this, there's a lot of logistics that goes into admissions, even without everything else going on. The chances of these individuals being sick is also higher than most everywhere else as well. Despite how the rest of the cycle had been managed, they need some grace right now.

If you've already hear accepted, rejected, or waitlist, this is now a hurry up and wait game. Knowing what you'll need for fall or your position on the wait list wont change anything from now to Wednesday.

If you havent heard, but have tried to contact them, there isnt much more you can do, and I'm sorry for that. Hopefully you will hear something today or tomorrow.

This sucks guys, and isnt how this is supposed to go. :/ Hang in there.

Reactions: 4 users
it is now 2 days before national decision day, has anyone had any updates?

it is now 2 days before national decision day, has anyone had any updates?
No updates. I emailed someone called Felicia and her response last week was they are coming but honestly I do not think they are.

Reactions: 1 user
wonder if I can get my $50 back since they haven't emailed and the decision date is tomorrow lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Right now I’m stuck trying to decide between here and Ross. With everything going on in NY right now I can’t see how construction of the vet school will be done by the fall semester. Sometimes i feel stupid if I choose ross because I am from New York and I could just stay in the state, close to family and friends. The other part of me is terrified of this school because of the disorganization and lack of information. Anyone else stuck in this position ?!!?

Right now I’m stuck trying to decide between here and Ross. With everything going on in NY right now I can’t see how construction of the vet school will be done by the fall semester. Sometimes i feel stupid if I choose ross because I am from New York and I could just stay in the state, close to family and friends. The other part of me is terrified of this school because of the disorganization and lack of information. Anyone else stuck in this position ?!!?
I was stuck in that same position. I decided not to go with either and try again this upcoming cycle!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I was stuck in that same position. I decided not to go with either and try again this upcoming cycle!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Didn't apply here, just lurking and wanted to chime in. I turned down an acceptance last year to a different school and decided to reapply because I wanted to feel confident and excited about making such a huge commitment. So, if either of you guys (or anyone) needs any advice on making that choice or questions about going through a second cycle and what not, feel free to reach out and message me!

Sometimes i feel stupid if I choose ross because I am from New York and I could just stay in the state, close to family and friends. The other part of me is terrified of this school because of the disorganization and lack of information.

Just on the merits that you won't be paying in state tuition as an in state student, and the price will be roughly the same between an unestablished school and an established school, I would strongly consider Ross right now. There's no way I would go with LIU right now with the upcoming economic issue's we're going to have.

Reactions: 2 users
Exact same position!!! But between LIU and PEI. Every single vet I've talked to (10+) has told me "hands down, PEI." That's ultimately what I think I'm going to do. Still have a few hours to decide. :lol:

Rejected +1. Got the email this afternoon

Anyone on the waitlist heard anything yet?

Anyone on the waitlist heard anything yet?
I emailed them last week and they told me they have such a high number of applicants that they are still reviewing things. I haven’t heard if I’m rejected, waitlisted, interview waitlisted or nothing

At this point, I would recommend to students who have not heard from LIU to think about contacting the AAVMC (American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges) about your concerns. While I understand that LIU is in a particularly hard place compared to every other school in the country, the AAVMC needs to be made aware of the lack of communication and organization at this point. Accepting students and the process therein is a part of the accreditation process.

Reactions: 13 users
Am I the only one who hasn’t heard anything at all?
I keep emailing them with questions and they seem to be getting back to me within 24 hours or so with each response, but I just keep getting the same feedback that the applicant pool was so big for them and they are still having to look over things. My friend who got accepted a few months ago has been talking to me and said only about 5 people got pulled off of the waitlist so far and their group chats are roughly 50 people. She also mentioned that in the acceptance letter of the 5 that got pulled off the waitlist, they mentioned that the class sizes was referenced as being 130 people instead of the 100 we were told in the beginning. I understand you only need to pull from the waitlist as needed but everyone is telling me their class isn't full yet and now they're mentioning making the class a bit larger so I just want some questions answered.

Reactions: 1 users
I keep emailing them with questions and they seem to be getting back to me within 24 hours or so with each response, but I just keep getting the same feedback that the applicant pool was so big for them and they are still having to look over things. My friend who got accepted a few months ago has been talking to me and said only about 5 people got pulled off of the waitlist so far and their group chats are roughly 50 people. She also mentioned that in the acceptance letter of the 5 that got pulled off the waitlist, they mentioned that the class sizes was referenced as being 130 people instead of the 100 we were told in the beginning. I understand you only need to pull from the waitlist as needed but everyone is telling me their class isn't full yet and now they're mentioning making the class a bit larger so I just want some questions answered.
Yeah they respond back when I reach out but I get the same answer about the large application pool.

I'm very curious how many applications they received because UArizona, the other new school that opened this year, received about 500-600 applications and they have been able to release all decisions before the April 15th commitment deadline while also hosting in person interviews and having their own infrastructure/facility to show whereas LIU does not. I'd also be wary that if LIU application process alone is disorganized and unclear, would there be good admin support for students who enter the program?

I think it's wise to think about not just applying to a program, but also the ability to successfully get through it.

Reactions: 7 users
Got a phone call from Felicia yesterday (4/24) saying I am on the waitlist. My interview was on 4/1... Felicia said I would get an email regarding being waitlisted, but I have not yet...
I have also reached out to them many times before via email regarding if I‘m missing documents from my application and I’ve only gotten back to once.

...Just read some old posts about.. Casper?? What is that lol I haven’t been emailed anything about that??

Last edited:
Anyone know if this cycle will start online or in person?

Has anyone heard anything or emailed lately? starting to get antsy about getting off of the waitlist!

Has anyone heard anything or emailed lately? starting to get antsy about getting off of the waitlist!
Funny I emailed them because I haven’t interviewed, haven’t received a rejection letter or anything and I keep getting the same response. Which is : there were a lot of applications and they are still deciding....

Funny I emailed them because I haven’t interviewed, haven’t received a rejection letter or anything and I keep getting the same response. Which is : there were a lot of applications and they are still deciding....
I interviewed in early February and emailed them recently and they said the same thing :/ I understand they're probably going through a lot right now but it's kind of discouraging how long it's taking them to make decisions