LMU CVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven’t heard a peep since September’s interview. However, if I do get accepted or waitlisted, I most likely will turn down my spot! Hopefully we’ll all hear soon though
 
Are we thinking waves are gonna go out daily or like next month.. my heart rate has been ~240 for the last 2 months waiting for the impending doom..
 
Has anyone talked to admissions about when everyone will definitely hear something by? Ive heard early feb through late march, but since they are offering another interview day , I wasn't sure if anyone heard something more concrete.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve literally heard from all 8 of the other schools I’ve applied to, including Ohio State which I interviewed at on January 25th. I received an acceptance from them 10 days later. Tennessee and A&M were within 4 weeks after the interview. Can’t begin to figure out why their process drags on for so long since I interviewed there on November 4th...and they are talking about doing more interviews into March????
 
I interviewed in September. I think it was the first interview date they have and I have not been updated, but I did call and talk to holly. She said that the interview committee meets once a month and she said “monitor your email closely” bc we will be sending them out within the month. Also that they were not doing it in any particular order so people that interviewed earlier will not necessarily hear back sooner (which is frustrating bc I interviewed SIX MONTHS AGO). This is the last school I’m waiting to hear from and my last hope so I’m praying that the acceptances* go out very soon. As we all know, it’s very stressful not being able to make any life choices when the decision is out of our hands.
 
Odd that they chose to do it this way; kind of defeats the purpose of rolling admissions, doesn't it? Midwestern is also rolling and, while there are exceptions, generally the earlier you are interviewed, the earlier the final decision goes out.
I think so also, but whenever I get the email I’ll be happy. I just want an answer, but really hoping it’s a good one.
 
I interviewed 1/20 and still haven’t heard anything either. I’m only waiting to hear back from them and UGA (but UGA doesn’t do interviews) all the other interviews that I’ve done have gotten back to me already. They did say when I was there that they planned to interview about 700 applicants which is twice as much as the other schools I interviewed at. Hopefully they get back to us all soon.
 
I just got an interview offer for the 24th but unsure if I can afford a ticket on such short notice 🙁 it's over $1000...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an interview offer for the 24th but unsure if I can afford a ticket on such short notice 🙁 it's over $1000...
Where do you live? unfortunately lmu is like 2 hours even from the closest airport so your best bet is driving if that’s feasible. I feel you on the cost though
 
I just got an interview offer for the 24th but unsure if I can afford a ticket on such short notice 🙁 it's over $1000...

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money. You've already got Iowa OOS alternate which pretty much goes all the way to the list (I will pull off myself as well). Plus, I was honestly disappointed at LMU. Not that you will as well, but I just don't think it is worth it to visit for $1,000.
 
If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money. You've already got Iowa OOS alternate which pretty much goes all the way to the list (I will pull off myself as well). Plus, I was honestly disappointed at LMU. Not that you will as well, but I just don't think it is worth it to visit for $1,000.
I agree 100%. Ya the school is nice, but just think, there are people (like myself) who haven’t heard from them since we interviewed in September. They might have just got accredited, but a lot of schools received a ton of applicants this cycle, and to me waiting until now to notify people is pretty unprofessional. Midwestern also is another school that recently received full accreditation and there class is already full. I would not bother spending $1,000 on an interview to a school that interviewed 700 applicants when you have an amazing shot at Iowa!
 
Last edited:
If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money. You've already got Iowa OOS alternate which pretty much goes all the way to the list (I will pull off myself as well). Plus, I was honestly disappointed at LMU. Not that you will as well, but I just don't think it is worth it to visit for $1,000.
I'm on an alternate list for five schools and waiting to hear from my Minnesota interview....also I I heard Iowa goes through their wait list a lot but I didn't think I had that good of a chance.