This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Let's get this party started. Anybody been moved into folder review yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet, keep checking everyday. Out-of-state applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arkansas applicant and they just have to finish my GRE scores

Everything is entered for me, just anxiously awaiting the next step with fingers crossed.

Guys, I found out this week that the admissions department can pull a report that shows how much each person logged in to the portal :laugh: They had someone who checked 1300 times over the application cycle last year. I made a decision to give it a rest until December because I don't wanna have more than 1300...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Guys, I found out this week that the admissions department can pull a report that shows how much each person logged in to the portal :laugh: They had someone who checked 1300 times over the application cycle last year. I made a decision to give it a rest until December because I don't wanna have more than 1300...
HA it had to have been me since I was strung along pretty much through July

Reactions: 1 users
No portal updates in a couple of days. Maybe they have all the grades in....

The system was updated. Anyone get anything? Mines the same

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked and mine says "Folder Under Review".

Me too!!! Out-State-Applicant.

Joining the Folder Review Party. OOS applicant!

So potentially dumb question, but for OOS applicants, does every one who gets a folder review get an interview or do they narrow it down again?

They must narrow it down again. Us OOS pple can't get too excited, there's only 24 OOS spots :-/

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using SDN mobile

I’m fairly certain they narrow it again. I believe everyone in-state gets an interview.

So potentially dumb question, but for OOS applicants, does every one who gets a folder review get an interview or do they narrow it down again?
My portal says folder review also :)

My pre-vet club had a Skype meeting with LSU and we were informed that out of state applicants don't do interviews at all. The director of admissions told us that they keep it on the website just so they will have the option to interview if need be. She explained OOS applicants were interviewed one year but they feel it is not a good use of resources, and that it functioned mostly as a way to "sell the school" when they did it.

Is this a new procedure? According to this forum they interviewed out-of-state applicants as recently as last year.

Is this a new procedure? According to this forum they interviewed out-of-state applicants as recently as last year.
Don't quote me on this because this Skype session was a couple of weeks ago, but I think she said the only OOS applicants they interview is Arkansas due to the contract seats. She said the last time they interviewed OOS, they ended up accepting all the interviewed OOS applicants. Again, it was more like a "sell the school"-type of thing, and she said they felt it was a waste of resources (theirs as well as the applicants' resources). She didn't mention anything about interviewing any OOS applicants last year, but maybe? If anyone knows anything else, please chime in!

Yes! What @M&D said! Arkansas applicants are interviewed! I know they offer seats to the top candidate (like 1 or 2 seats) for AR residents without interview then more are interviewed but it isn't all AR applicants. Just all AR applicants get folder review!

where does it say if your application is in folder review? mine still says applicant checklist completed.

lowkey freaking out.

where does it say if your application is in folder review? mine still says applicant checklist completed.

lowkey freaking out.

It says in folder review where it used to say applicant checklist complete.

I am an out of state applicant and I had a local vet come out to speak to my pre-health club. She received her DVM from LSU and was an OOS applicant herself. In the past she conducted folder reviews as an alumni and said LSU does not do interviews for any OOS applicants unless they are Arkansas residents.

Reactions: 2 users
Just checked and my folder is finally under review!! Yay! I am OOS. Also, I called student affairs and they said that they are NOT doing interviews this year for OOS applicant and that acceptances/rejections will be sent out the end of December.

I’m fairly certain they narrow it again. I believe everyone in-state gets an interview.

It’s been a good while since I applied, but I don’t remember if that’s actually true. At least I don’t think it was for me when I applied as an in state. I mean got an interview haha but don’t think everyone in state does.

My portal status changed to “no longer under consideration” today, check your portals y’all lol

My portal status changed to “no longer under consideration” today, check your portals y’all lol
What does that even mean? Like they're done considering it and...?

My portal hasn't changed. Still under review.

Since they aren't interviewing OOS, does anyone know when we will hear something back?

On the status portal, it now has check boxes for "Fall '18 Transcripts w/Final Grades" and "Spring '19 Transcripts w/Final Grades".

Last edited:
I spoke with admissions yesterday. They informed me that "some out of state decisions will be released next week". Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email saying all OOS applicants will know their admissions status by the end of the week (ie accepted, denied, waitlisted). They are only interviewing Arkansas, Louisiana, and Puerto Rico candidates this year.

Everyone check your portals! Mine updated an hour ago I am an OOS alternate :)

OOS accepted :heckyeah: I'm pretty shocked!

OOS accepted!!! Congrats everyone.