This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS accepted! Good luck to everyone! Cannot wait to meet y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
IS accepted! Super excited to go here!! Geaux tigers!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m an IS alternate at LSU. Anyone know anything about their waitlist or how many people were pulled off of it in past years?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m an IS alternate at LSU. Anyone know anything about their waitlist or how many people were pulled off of it in past years?
I emailed admissions to ask about alternates. They told me that it is hard to tell, but some years no alternates make it and some years 2-3 will get in. They can also tell you what number you are. I am 10/15. :(

I emailed admissions to ask about alternates. They told me that it is hard to tell, but some years no alternates make it and some years 2-3 will get in. They can also tell you what number you are. I am 10/15. :(
Thanks for the info! I’m nervously waiting for them to respond to my email...

Do any of you know if Puerto Rican alternates are placed on a different Out of State Alternate List? I know people from Puerto Rico were the only out of state candidates that were interviewed, but we never found out why.

Do any of you know if Puerto Rican alternates are placed on a different Out of State Alternate List? I know people from Puerto Rico were the only out of state candidates that were interviewed, but we never found out why.

I don't know this for a fact but I have heard that LSU accepts 2 Puerto Rico applicants per cycle. Don't know if there is a contract between the state and LSU like the one with Arkansas or not. Since no Puerto Rico line exists in the portal under "Seat Availability Information" I would assume that Puerto Rico alternates are in with Out of State alternates.

Again, all that is speculation.

My OOS alternate number moved four spots backwards :( I'm going to assume that this was because of the addition of Puerto Rico alternates?

I just declined my acceptance so hopefully one of yall get my spot
Oos

I don't know this for a fact but I have heard that LSU accepts 2 Puerto Rico applicants per cycle. Don't know if there is a contract between the state and LSU like the one with Arkansas or not. Since no Puerto Rico line exists in the portal under "Seat Availability Information" I would assume that Puerto Rico alternates are in with Out of State alternates.

Again, all that is speculation.

You were right! They sent our alternate positions yesterday. Looks like we’re all in the same alternate list. But I’m still hoping that if a Puertorican declines their spot, maybe that gives a bit of an advantage.

Do they send out the new positions every Tuesday?

Alternate here. Does anybody know if there's a way to see what number you are or how many people are given alternate status/ have been accepted in previous years?
Last year I started at a little over 100 and by the end I was 8 so it moved a lot last year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I started at a little over 100 and by the end I was 8 so it moved a lot last year!

Thanks for the response! I should have clarified that I'm in-state. Unfortunately, what I am hearing is that it doesn't move that much.

Declining my spot OOS. Good luck to all you future vets!! I’m looking forward to working with you all in the future!

Do you only get a myLSU account after you accept your offer? I got an email that they uploaded my financial aid package, but I cannot see it..

hello!

I am currently waitlisted OOS for the 2023 application cycle. I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the LSU SVM program. Do you get hands-on experience with animals during your first year? Is there a mentor/mentee program? How is Baton Rouge city life? Is LSU a newer facility? Why is the NAVLE pass rate lower in comparison to other schools?

In addition, I’ve seen past threads where the OOS waitlist moved up to people ranked in the 100’s when LSU only accepted 24 OOS students. This year, LSU has increased the amount of OOS acceptances to 36. From my understanding, that should mean the waitlist should have also increased, yet, the waitlist is ~74 since the last update on 3/4/19. Is it likely that LSU will go through the entire waitlist?

I just declined my OOS seat. I did a tour a few weeks ago and loved it, but I can't justify the cost of OOS tuition when I have a cheaper option. Hope someone from the waitlist gets my spot! Good luck to everyone.

hello!

I am currently waitlisted OOS for the 2023 application cycle. I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the LSU SVM program. Do you get hands-on experience with animals during your first year? Is there a mentor/mentee program? How is Baton Rouge city life? Is LSU a newer facility? Why is the NAVLE pass rate lower in comparison to other schools?

In addition, I’ve seen past threads where the OOS waitlist moved up to people ranked in the 100’s when LSU only accepted 24 OOS students. This year, LSU has increased the amount of OOS acceptances to 36. From my understanding, that should mean the waitlist should have also increased, yet, the waitlist is ~74 since the last update on 3/4/19. Is it likely that LSU will go through the entire waitlist?

I was also wondering all of these questions! I am on the OOS waitlist and I am hopeful to get pulled off! However, since there were no interviews I don't know much about the school. If any current students have any information I would appreciate it!

Hey! Any accepted students know if there's a fb group yet?

I emailed Karen this morning asking for an update!

Just FYI, LSU is closed today as well as most all BR-area public schools in anticipation of some pretty bad storms. So if you don't get a reply, that's likely the reason.

Reactions: 1 users
Just FYI, LSU is closed today as well as most all BR-area public schools in anticipation of some pretty bad storms. So if you don't get a reply, that's likely the reason.
Oh, I had no idea, thanks for letting me know!

I never got an email back so I might call tomorrow afternoon if I don't get a reply in the morning

Wow just got an email that LSU has filled their class already! Surprising considering how much movement they usually have. This application cycle has been crazy.

Just got the call!! Can't wait to join y'all!!

Reactions: 1 users
Wow just got an email that LSU has filled their class already! Surprising considering how much movement they usually have. This application cycle has been crazy.
That happens sometimes. I’m a current student and don’t remember much movement on our waitlist either. But then there are years with tons of movement like you mentioned.

Regarding the questions about hands on and whatnot, I think that may have been addressed in last year’s thread. But, the short answer is they have revamped the curriculum so that clinical skills start year one (used to be year three). There are also opportunities through wet labs with the clubs and events like Spay Day and Raptor Rehab. So, that part is what you make of it.

If anyone else has questions keep asking. I’ll try to check back as my schedule allows, and one of my classmates checks in here occasionally or at least used to.