This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS ACCEPTED!!! You guys I'm literally crying. This is my first acceptance (maybe my only idk) and I am shaking. I'm gonna be a vet! Congrats to everyone else and good luck to the alternates :):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Arkansas resident interview invite!

Congrats to those who got accepted and who got interviews
But
How are they accepting OOS when they have not interviewed Arkansas residents yet?
From what I understood if AR resident doesn't get one the 9 seats held for them then they still have a chance of an out of state spot.

Arkansas resident interview invite!

Congrats to those who got accepted and who got interviews
But
How are they accepting OOS when they have not interviewed Arkansas residents yet?
From what I understood if AR resident doesn't get one the 9 seats held for them then they still have a chance of an out of state spot.

They aren't interviewing OOS residents this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes but I would think that until they interview AR they wouldn't be able to accept OOS because some of the AR applicants might get those OOS spots

Yes but I would think that until they interview AR they wouldn't be able to accept OOS because some of the AR applicants might get those OOS spots
Arkansas residents aren't counted as OOS. They have their own seats reserved for them.

Anyone else unable to check the status of their application? The website says 404- Forbidden, anyone know another way to check?

Got an email at 3:29 today about my rank on the waitlist

In State with an interview...are they really giving out interviews to all of us?

Reactions: 1 user
In State with an interview...are they really giving out interviews to all of us?

Hey! Okay so i am not 100% sure but I believe they give interviews to the top 2/3 of IS applicants. I think there are usually only about 150 of us so it would make sense for them to interview around 100

For IS with interviews, they updated my portal with my interview time--had to look closely not to miss it as well as the link you have to follow to confirm it.

I know I'm a little late to the party. I'm an OOS alternate. I think I have a decent ranking on the list (which seems a lot shorter than previous years?). Does anyone know when we'd possibly hear? Would it likely not be until after mid April?

I know I'm a little late to the party. I'm an OOS alternate. I think I have a decent ranking on the list (which seems a lot shorter than previous years?). Does anyone know when we'd possibly hear? Would it likely not be until after mid April?

Yeah, on the portal it said in the past years they made it through about 90 to 118 on the alternate list and this year there are only 75 alternate seats. They are also increasing the out of state class size to 36, which is great for us. From last years forum, it looked like there wasn’t much movement till March or April when everybody starts making final decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! does anyone know if they are open to giving in state residency after first year?? I know some schools are but I wasn't sure about LSU!

Hey! does anyone know if they are open to giving in state residency after first year?? I know some schools are but I wasn't sure about LSU!
‘If accepted as an out-of-state resident, one cannot change this status and will be considered an out-of-state resident for the entire four-year program and pay non-resident tuition and fees. If made an offer of admission, one cannot defer acceptance for purposes of establishing in-state residency.’

‘If accepted as an out-of-state resident, one cannot change this status and will be considered an out-of-state resident for the entire four-year program and pay non-resident tuition and fees. If made an offer of admission, one cannot defer acceptance for purposes of establishing in-state residency.’
Thank you! I was struggling to find this information!

OOS accepted! :soexcited: But still have to take public speaking...

Reactions: 3 users
OOS accepted! :soexcited: But still have to take public speaking...
Congrats! Compared to the other prereqs, public speaking will be a breeze! Hopefully you have a community college nearby where you can knock it out the cheap!

Congrats! Compared to the other prereqs, public speaking will be a breeze! Hopefully you have a community college nearby where you can knock it out the cheap!

Thanks!! Yeah my undergrad school didn't offer it. Only tough thing is I'm graduated now and working full-time, so it's been tough to find a night class, since it's not the kind of thing you can take online on your own time

OOS accepted! Does anyone have recs for good neighborhoods to look at for apartments?

Reactions: 1 users
Is LSU a tracking school or a non-tracking school?

I know Im a little late but I was OOS accepted as well! Super excited!

Does anyone know why LSU's most recent NAVLE passing percentage was kind of low?

In state interviewee here!
Also, congrats to all OOS acceptances!!
How are all of you in state's preparing for your interview??

Anybody know how the interviews are? Interviewing next week and could use some pointers.. this is my first interview

Arkansas Interviewee! Good luck everyone!

I interview on Wednesday! Good luck to everyone and congrats to getting this far!
I talked to some people who said their interview on Saturday was pretty laid back.. The big question in the beginning is to tell them about yourself. This is a closed interview-meaning that the interviewers don't know anything about you and do not have access to any of your application materials

I interview on Wednesday! Good luck to everyone and congrats to getting this far!
I talked to some people who said their interview on Saturday was pretty laid back.. The big question in the beginning is to tell them about yourself. This is a closed interview-meaning that the interviewers don't know anything about you and do not have access to any of your application materials

Thank you so much for this information!! Interviewing Tuesday!

How did it go?
Just like you said, pretty laid back! The first thing they asked me was to tell them about myself, and then after that, they pretty much asked questions based off of what you say, so I don't think there's exactly like a list they go by. There are different interviews going on at once so it also probably depends on which group of interviewers you get. I saw one girl go in for maybe 15 minutes at the most and mine lasted about 30. It was very conversational though!

I interviewed during open house as an Arkansas resident! Anyone know when we might hear back?

I interviewed during open house as an Arkansas resident! Anyone know when we might hear back?

I was told we would hear back by the first of March (hopefully sooner! I am an in state candidate- I am not sure if we will hear back at the same time as Arkansas candidates or not

OOS ACCEPTED!!! You guys I'm literally crying. This is my first acceptance (maybe my only idk) and I am shaking. I'm gonna be a vet! Congrats to everyone else and good luck to the alternates :):):)
Did your acceptance appear in the "current status" section?

I think the acceptance, denied, waitlisted decisions will be updated via the status check (same as the interview invites). I have talked to people and looked at forums in the past and it seems like mid Feb is when they usually send them out! They probably will send an email out regarding the status changes prior to them being sent.

Did your acceptance appear in the "current status" section?
Yes. Right when I logged onto the portal to check, there was a long typed out acceptance letter. Couldn't miss it.

Yes. Right when I logged onto the portal to check, there was a long typed out acceptance letter. Couldn't miss it.

Thank you!

Congratulations by the way!

I interviewed Saturday, the 26th, as an Arkansas Resident and my interviewers said I would know by March 1. I don't know if he meant on March 1 specifically or any time between now and then.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up seeing that the interviewers said March 1st, but 2018 decisions (at least some) were made on February 8th but I believe interviews took place a week or so earlier last year.

Last edited:
Anyone else obsessively checking status update and have brief heart dropping moments when they see "The system was last updated on Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 2:01PM (Cst)" only to see that nothing has changed yet:dead::dead::dead::laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Final decisions from LSU today. Everyone check your portal!

Alternate here. Does anybody know if there's a way to see what number you are or how many people are given alternate status/ have been accepted in previous years?

c/o 2023, and will definitely be attending LSU! Can't wait to get to know y'all! Also, if one of you was the guy with his dog on his socks in the waiting room with me, I've had my fingers crossed for ya!

c/o 2023, and will definitely be attending LSU! Can't wait to get to know y'all! Also, if one of you was the guy with his dog on his socks in the waiting room with me, I've had my fingers crossed for ya!

Congrats! IS, OOS, AR, or PR?

Alternate here. Does anybody know if there's a way to see what number you are or how many people are given alternate status/ have been accepted in previous years?

For OOS, a few days after decisions were release they emailed out initial alternate rankings. Every week they send out an updated ranking. I believe it started at 75 for OOS on waitlist, but now it is at 69 total.

In-state accepted!!!! Was shaking as I checked the status check system! Cannot wait to get to know everyone! Good luck to all of the alternates!