You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine shows complete with confirmation email on 8/12. Submitted 7/16.
I hope mine will show completed soon then. Submitted 7/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would strongly suggest you call (in the a.m.)!Man I hope I get complete here soon. Submitted 07/16, my letters are still not there. I'm debating whether or not to resend them through Interfolio (already sent them through AACOMAS). 🙁
I just called them because I was concerned about my letters. The person I spoke with gave me no specific information about my app. But I was told that they are behind on LORs and they are trying to put up whatever status updates they can, written in red, on the login screen to the supplemental. Most likely no need to resend.
I just called them because I was concerned about my letters. The person I spoke with gave me no specific information about my app. But I was told that they are behind on LORs and they are trying to put up whatever status updates they can, written in red, on the login screen to the supplemental. Most likely no need to resend.
That's kind of what I figured...I didn't want to bother them because I know they're super swamped with letters; I just hope that I get complete soon! I'm from the area and would love to move back.
Letters finally complete!!
Finally received complete email! Submitted secondary on 7/22.
+1Finally received complete email! Submitted secondary on 7/22.
I assume you'll get yours tomorrow or the next day, I submitted 7/2 and just got complete today!
@femmegoblue I was wondering why you might be cancelling your interview at BCOM, congrats on your acceptance! Also do you guys think it matters terribly if I only use half of the allotted characters for the essay?
Thanks pal! I think if you say all you need to say, then no it doesn't matter!@femmegoblue I was wondering why you might be cancelling your interview at BCOM, congrats on your acceptance! Also do you guys think it matters terribly if I only use half of the allotted characters for the essay?
Doesn't hurt to email them. I didn't realize their confirmation email was in my spam last month
Just wondering, is anyone aware of much religion matters at this school? I'm not religious and don't have a problem with religion but I don't really want to attend a heavily religious school such as Liberty. Does anyone have any insight into this in regards to MU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone received I I yet?
Just got a II, but I'm going to have to pass it up. Hope one of you guys get it!
II just now!
Email? Also, when were you complete?II just now!
@femmegoblue for some reason I'm not being able to quote you and reply on my phone. But I was complete on 8/4 and the interview invite was through email.
Thanks a bunch 🙂
@femmegoblue for some reason I'm not being able to quote you and reply on my phone. But I was complete on 8/4 and the interview invite was through email.
Hey star was that when your LOR were marked received and complete or was that the date you submitted your application? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
My letters were marked completed before I even got that email, but I guess they weren't fully reviewed until 8/4. That's when I got an email saying that my app was officially complete.Hey star was that when your LOR were marked received and complete or was that the date you submitted your application? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
My GPAs are on the low end but I think my MCAT score, a 508, was okay enough to get an invite. I also had a good amount of extracurriculars, healthcare experience, and LORs from faculty and others that have gotten to know me so I think those helped too.
Dang my application was complete 8/5 so I hope they just stopped at 8/4... I got an interview last year so I don't know why I wouldn't get this one either lolMy letters were marked completed before I even got that email, but I guess they weren't fully reviewed until 8/4. That's when I got an email saying that my app was officially complete.
My GPAs are on the low end but I think my MCAT score, a 508, was okay enough to get an invite. I also had a good amount of extracurriculars, healthcare experience, and LORs from faculty and others that have gotten to know me so I think those helped too.
7/17 and incomplete as well
When did you submit your app?Dang my application was complete 8/5 so I hope they just stopped at 8/4... I got an interview last year so I don't know why I wouldn't get this one either lol
When did you submit your app?
7/4 submission of my supplemental. According to their website everything has been received and verified, and completed 8/4.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As of 8/4, screening for interview invitations has started.
Screening can take at least three (3) weeks.
Interview invitations should start on 8/19.
Thank you for your patience.
Interview decisions started today.
Admissions
How strict are they with sociology requirement? Anyone have any luck getting a course substituted such as social psychology?
Complete date?First rejection of the cycle nice to know at least lol
First rejection of the cycle nice to know at least lol
Sorry to hear that [emoji80]
Pre or post secondary ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
8/4Complete date?
Yeah all good can't complain, post secondary
Yeah. Just got put on hold for what the email said was less than a month.anyone else get a pre-ii hold or know the likelihood of an II from this? Thanks!! was on pre-ii hold last cycle too -_-
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Hmm, yeah maybe they stopped at 8/4 for interviews for now? Wishing you the best for the next interview invite batch! 🙂Dang my application was complete 8/5 so I hope they just stopped at 8/4... I got an interview last year so I don't know why I wouldn't get this one either lol
Literally submitted my secondary 7/30 and it still shows my LORs as incomplete in the portal. I submitted all my LORs via AACOMAS and have had no issues with any other schools. Anyone experiencing anything similar?
I submitted my secondary on 7/24 and only became complete on the portal/got a complete email on 8/19. 🙂
I'll do you one better: I submitted on JULY 2nd and was completed on 8/17I submitted my secondary on 7/24 and only became complete on the portal/got a complete email on 8/19. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete today! Submitted my secondary on July 15.
3.25 and a 508 with three publications. you think I have a shot here?
Does MU-COM send rejections throughout or just at the end of the cycle?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 48K
D
- Replies
- 338
- Views
- 89K
- Replies
- 447
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 131K