Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I might of missed the convo but I see some questions about the Macomb Campus. From someone who choose the Macomb site there are only a few reasons I would chose it as my first choice. Personally my parents live like 10 minutes from campus so I'm saving a ton living there. The other major reason I could think of is if you have a family or are starting a family; there are plenty of jobs for your spouse, affordable living, safe area, great schools and very commutable. I've grown up in Macomb my whole life and while there are plenty of things to do, there is no where near the night life I would imagine EL or Detroit offers. Don't fret if it isn't your first choice and you get placed there, there is plenty to do in the little time we have. My biggest personal conundrum is running into high school peers explaining I'm going to MSU's Med school at MCC's campus...they just don't seem to grasp the concept lol, they all think I'm in some sort of technician program at first smh. Feel free to message me if you have more questions about the area.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Yup that's what you gotta do. Then you'll get an email confirmation a few days after that saying you reserved your spot and it'll tell you your site. Go EL!!!!

Got that email like 2 hours later, east lansing it is. Now to find housing for me, my wife, and my German shepherd puppy:D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got that email like 2 hours later, east lansing it is. Now to find housing for me, my wife, and my German shepherd puppy:D
You should totally look at 1855 place. I wanted to live there but you have to have a dependent. It's super nice.

You should totally look at 1855 place. I wanted to live there but you have to have a dependent. It's super nice.

I have two dependents though.

Lel. Cost?

Edit: looks like they don't allow pets, which makes sense considering how new it is.

I have two dependents though.

Lel. Cost?

Edit: looks like they don't allow pets, which makes sense considering how new it is.
Not allowing pets was a plus to me, I think I'm one of the rare ones who isn't a dog/cat person :eek:

Not allowing pets was a plus to me, I think I'm one of the rare ones who isn't a dog/cat person :eek:
Eh, im indifferent. The wife wanted something around when I'm not home at night. I preferred a dog;):blackeye:

Reactions: 1 users
There's a section in the accept offer tab that gives you an address to send your final transcripts to
When do they need to be sent in? Hopefully not by Jan 6.

Just by school starting me thinks

Thank God. I hope you look like tina fey cuz im gonna be a bit thrown if you don't if we both end up at msucom :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank God. I hope you look like tina fey cuz im gonna be a bit thrown if you don't if we both end up at msucom :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well that means you have to look like ron!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know anything about the Tower apartments? I read some bad reviews on google and I am nervous about signing up. Would it be safe to walk from the school building to the apartment at night? Any insight would be very appreciated!

Does anyone know anything about the Tower apartments? I read some bad reviews on google and I am nervous about signing up. Would it be safe to walk from the school building to the apartment at night? Any insight would be very appreciated!
Assuming you mean the Tower at Campus View? I've only been to one apartment there and I wasn't awfully impressed. Pretty small/old. A pretty safe area, though -- really nothing shady about walking up Hagadorn and a bit down Grand River that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you waiting. All the best this cycle, guys!

Looks like the orientation link is updated with stuff for us

Hi, does any Canadian/international students have trouble downloading the Affidavit of Support form from the financial proof/bank statement email sent to us by MSUCOM? I can't seem to open it. Can someone upload it if you were able to download it? Thanks!!!

Hi, does any Canadian/international students have trouble downloading the Affidavit of Support form from the financial proof/bank statement email sent to us by MSUCOM? I can't seem to open it. Can someone upload it if you were able to download it? Thanks!!!

Hey! The link in the email doesn't work. I attached the pdf version MSUCOM has posted on their website. It's from 2013 but the school accepted it because it's the exact same form as this year. Make sure to write the USD equivalent and not the $CAD value.

Attachments

• finproof.pdf
    404.6 KB · Views: 71
Hey! The link in the email doesn't work. I attached the pdf version MSUCOM has posted on their website. It's from 2013 but the school accepted it because it's the exact same form as this year. Make sure to write the USD equivalent and not the $CAD value.
Thank you so much!! MSUCOM accepted this form when you submitted it right?

Does anyone know if COM has an admitted students/second look day?

I got accepted in December and chose the Detroit campus. Any chance someone can send me the Facebook group link please?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if COM has an admitted students/second look day?
They have them for the Detroit and Mccomb campus but I don't think for the east Lansing one. The exact dates are in your portal.

They have them for the Detroit and Mccomb campus but I don't think for the east Lansing one. The exact dates are in your portal.
Are you sure you aren't talking about the admitted student tours?

When do they need to be sent in? Hopefully not by Jan 6.
Man, I'm taking my last prereq starting tomorrow. Haven't been in school in over 3 years.

If it needed to be there on the 6th I would be in an awkward place. I think the email I got says June...8th? Something like that.

1) i know MSU starts in june for first year but is first year 10,11 or 12 months long? 2) how many months (or weeks) off do students have before second year starts? 3) how many months is second year?

Thank you for any input and help!

Reactions: 4 users
II just a few minutes ago!! I'm ecstatic about the opportunity, but as an oos applicant that tuition is unsettling. Are any oos accepted applicants considering matriculating here?

II today and I've been complete since late July.

OOS
Lizzy M ~65