Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Try not to stress, I got my acceptance literally 4 weeks on the dot. My friend who was complete later than I was and interviewed later got his acceptance in a day shy of 2 weeks. So I really believe it just depends on when your file gets looked at
I've heard this from so many of my friends (getting the call on that "Day 30"). How did you survive, my friend! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
These comments make me feel so much better lol thank you all!!

I've heard this from so many of my friends (getting the call on that "Day 30"). How did you survive, my friend! :)

It was brutal! I got the call at like 12:30 when I was in the Boston airport coming home from my UNE interview. Paid my deposit the second I got back to Michigan lol

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent out rejections to anyone yet? I'm just trying to see if no response yet is a good thing or not...

Reactions: 1 users
Have they sent out rejections to anyone yet? I'm just trying to see if no response yet is a good thing or not...

The way these people are talking about getting their acceptance call 30 days after the interview.. I think no news is good news!

Got me one of them pre-II rejections today. 3.56 sgpa, 511 MCAT. I thought my ECs were good as well. Oh well everything happens for a reason!

It was brutal! I got the call at like 12:30 when I was in the Boston airport coming home from my UNE interview. Paid my deposit the second I got back to Michigan lol
LMFAOOOO I'm doing the exact same thing right now. Where is my call fam

Soooo... how many of us are still waiting? Let's be anxious together. :help:

Reactions: 6 users
LMFAOOOO I'm doing the exact same thing right now. Where is my call fam

Soooo... how many of us are still waiting? Let's be anxious together. :help:

At least you guys got II... you know how hard it is to not hear anything at all... although chances are low, I can't help but be optimistic. Maybe they don't have enough Canadians and I'm the only Canadian left! MSUCOM please accept my prayers.

At least you guys got II... you know how hard it is to not hear anything at all... although chances are low, I can't help but be optimistic. Maybe they don't have enough Canadians and I'm the only Canadian left! MSUCOM please accept my prayers.
@PKU ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! So, you gotta stay optimistic, you just gotta!!! I'm hopeful and praying for us all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II today! For Feb 2nd. DO not give up hope, I have been waiting since July!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats and geographical status?
@PKU seeeeee! And they just gotta have a few Canadians in that interview group! You're next!

This means...committees are meeting. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since our interview. Come on, come on, come on!

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats and geographical status?
I'm in state, 3.2c/2.88s for undergrad/3.8 MS degree in Medical Physiology, 500 MCAT, URM, Extensive clinical research, pubs, strong ECs.

Reactions: 3 users
@PKU seeeeee! And they just gotta have a few Canadians in that interview group! You're next!

This means...committees are meeting. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since our interview. Come on, come on, come on!
Hoping you get that call and I get that interview email!

I'm in state, 3.2c/2.88s for undergrad/3.8 MS degree in Medical Physiology, 500 MCAT, URM, Extensive clinical research, pubs, strong ECs.
Thanks buddy, good luck!

'Kay, phone is all charged up. I'm ready for you MSU.

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT THE CALL! I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 17 users
OMGOMGOMGOMG I'M IN TOO!!!! I was on my way to Home Depot, but I promptly turned around because who needs hardware supplies at a time like this?!?! AHHHH!!!

Reactions: 14 users
I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the call while I was driving and was like oooook better pull over before I get in an accident from my excitement :soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone out of state been accepted recently?

Please MSUCOM send a great, intelligent Canadian applicant an II!

(Do committee members read this thread?)

Please MSUCOM send a great, intelligent Canadian applicant an II!

(Do committee members read this thread?)
Haha, the admissions office certainly has knowledge of the MSUCOM SDN threads. I don't personally know anyone who monitors them too closely. It's possible someone keeps up on it, though!

Congrats to everyone who got their acceptance call today! I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow ahhh

Congrats to everyone that was accepted today and good luck to everyone else. I just received an email today stating that I have been placed on the tier 1 waitlist! Wanted to get that call, but I am more than happy to be in tier 1!

Reactions: 6 users
Very likely turning down my MSUCOM acceptance to go to CMed so hope it goes to one of y'all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any recent acceptance from the Canadian applicants?

Any recent acceptance from the Canadian applicants?
Would like to know this as well. Curious to see how many Canadian spots are still left.

Congrats on all the recent acceptances everyone :) welcome to the fam!