Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/2 and accepted this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
+1 Portal change. Interviewed 12/5.

Wow that's fast! I was 12/5 as well and have probably refreshed the portal 30 times already today. Nothing on mine yet though.

Just withdrew my interview for next week. Hopefully someone can grab it and get moved up in the interview process. Good luck!!

Wow that's fast! I was 12/5 as well and have probably refreshed the portal 30 times already today. Nothing on mine yet though.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE olollollol

From all of my neurotic watching I don't believe it is a linear process for acceptances. Best of luck to you!

Do you guys know if the committee met yesterday evening or this morning? I interviewed yesterday (12/7) and these posts about acceptances have me checking my portal over and over!

Do you guys know if the committee met yesterday evening or this morning? I interviewed yesterday (12/7) and these posts about acceptances have me checking my portal over and over!
i got accepted the day after my interview ;)

Could a current student please PM me about what sites are the best for ward-based rotations? I'm aware of the quality of the California rotations, but I'm having trouble deciding on the other sites. Thank you!
What's up with the quality of the california rotations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting to get nervous. I felt like this interview went really well...

I wouldn't worry yet - they said the standard is 2-3 weeks to hear back.

The people that are hearing sooner were "fast tracked" based on meeting a stats threshold (GPA, MCAT). They said at my interview that the people who met a certain star criteria and interviewed well could hear back in the next few days following their interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't worry yet - they said the standard is 2-3 weeks to hear back.

The people that are hearing sooner were "fast tracked" based on meeting a stats threshold (GPA, MCAT). They said at my interview that the people who met a certain star criteria and interviewed well could hear back in the next few days following their interview.

Oh man I didn't know that. Guess it'll be a few more days for me then haha

Having a really tough time deciding between AZCOM and KCUMB.

The deadline for deposits in Dec 15 right? I'm guessing they might be waiting for people who aren't going to put down the desposit before the deadline before giving out acceptances.

The deadline for deposits in Dec 15 right? I'm guessing they might be waiting for people who aren't going to put down the desposit before the deadline before giving out acceptances.

Deadline for me is Dec 14

How were those curly fries, Fluffy? I probably finished all of mine before you even got yours...should've gotten a grilled cheese ;)
Nah man you should have gotten the chicken sandwich. It was bomb

Grilled chicken sandwich + curly fries was so good. It will make it that much harder if I don't get in.
I know... the server told me the "go to" order for the students was a spicy chicken sandwich on onion bun with pepperjack cheese and curly fries lol I now know why...

So I have a question. How are others justifying the 90k CoA and choosing this school vs another school.

I thought it was more like 65kish
65k is the tuition. I think people are justifying it mainly based on location? IMO, I'd rather be in Glendale are than in a rural mountain area lol.

So I have a question. How are others justifying the 90k CoA and choosing this school vs another school.

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from some places currently and will make my decision then. Honestly, it seems like it would be a fun place to go to school, but I just can't justify the cost at all. 10-20k x 4 years is a lot of money. I'm thinking this may end up being my very last resort for med school for that reason alone :/

If AZCOM thinks their servers can handle their portal until they release decisions, they've got another thing coming. I'm under-employed and probably refreshed 90+ times today. It's been a full week already!
ak55JOj.gif

Hey guys. I got accepted last week! Really excited. Does anyone know if there is a class of 2021 thread/fb page up yet? Also does anyone know about a list of clinical rotation sites?

MY PORTAL JUST UPDATED!!!!!!! Accepted!!!! First one!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh! I'm cryinggghsgshfjslalcojvaakskfjfkala

Reactions: 6 users
MY PORTAL JUST UPDATED!!!!!!! Accepted!!!! First one!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh! I'm cryinggghsgshfjslalcojvaakskfjfkala

Congrats! What day did you interview?

I will now proceed to check my portal every 5 minutes for the rest of the day.

AHHHHHHH MINE TOO! ACCEPTED! Boo ya! Interviewed 12/8 :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Mine updated to say I need the bachelor degree but does that mean I'm accepted or not