MUSC (cheaper) vs. Vanderbilt (better)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MUSC or Vanderbilt

• MUSC

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Vanderbilt

Votes: 60 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the $$$$$$!!!! Down the line you will be so happy that you did, I'm sure.

Members don't see this ad.

New update:

Got a full tuition + $5000 stipend at MUSC.

Is Vanderbilt worth it?

That's at least more than $100K over 4 years + avoided interest. You'll be crazy for letting this one go. MUSC is not that much worse. Speaking on money terms alone this one is a no brainer.

New update:

Got a full tuition + $5000 stipend at MUSC.

Is Vanderbilt worth it?

so lets get this straight, since the beginning money has been one of your cited concerns. And even when it looked like you would be paying full tuition at either place, you were still really conflicted about where to go.

Now one of the schools has offered you ~150k. If you go to vandy now its for no other reason than some sort of prestige power trip.

Members don't see this ad :)
i mean i really psyched myself up to go to vanderbilt though.

i thought of the unlimited opportunities that would be available for me.

i talked to a good friend currently at musc and he told me what i should do.

i mean im going to end up going to musc, i know it, but its the grass is always greener argument lol

plus i know that vanderbilt might have more opportunities.

but not having any debt also opens up so many doors. if im interested in global health, i can do whatever i want without having debt hanging over my shoulder.

i love vanderbilt so much. from day 1 it was my favorite. heck, even before i applied it was my favorite. maybe sometime in the future vandy!

i'd have gone Vandy dawg.......hands down!

+1

i've talked to so many docs who shocked me in saying that, when they had a choice, they did or wish they went to the medical school regardless of cost. i can't disagree with that...it's not like you're (general you) not gonna be able to pay off your loans one way or another.

+1

i've talked to so many docs who shocked me in saying that, when they had a choice, they did or wish they went to the medical school regardless of cost. i can't disagree with that...it's not like you're (general you) not gonna be able to pay off your loans one way or another.

And all the ones I talked to said the follow the money, so... yeah, anecdotes are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.