2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If a scholarship wasn't mentioned during our A call today, does that mean no scholarship? I seem to recall them mentioning that they don't negotiate merit scholarships, can someone confirm/deny? I have a pretty sweet financial package at another school but I REALLYYYY want to go to Vandy! The debt I'd have to incur is kinda freaking me out tho haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a WL/R yesterday or did we all automatically get deferred to the March round of decisions?

Did anyone get a WL/R yesterday or did we all automatically get deferred to the March round of decisions?
That's what I am aslo wondering. Historically, does Vanderbilt continue calls the Monday after or are we done?

Members don't see this ad :)
If a scholarship wasn't mentioned during our A call today, does that mean no scholarship? I seem to recall them mentioning that they don't negotiate merit scholarships, can someone confirm/deny? I have a pretty sweet financial package at another school but I REALLYYYY want to go to Vandy! The debt I'd have to incur is kinda freaking me out tho haha
rock paper scissors for which of us calls and asks on Monday?

I'll go first: rock

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Can someone that was accepted please post when their portal is updated? my phone wasn’t working on Friday :(

Hi everyone! Pre-II R :( received 02-15-2023 4:08pm EST, submitted and was complete August 2rd. Secondary received 7/9. CASPer 4th Quartile. Application update sent Oct 25 2022 - had some important additions.

Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad). Rock climbing as a hobby for a while, spent a good amount of time on my essays/descriptions focusing on Dr. Grays suggestions (I thought).

No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Goodluck to you all!!!

• Care
Congrats! Did they tell you about the merit scholly on the phone, or by email? (Matter of fact, did anyone get an official email of acceptance yet?)
I got my scholarship via phone. Haven't received an email yet

Also, my acceptance hasn't popped up on my portal or on the CYMS Tool.

for december/january interviews if we didn't hear back in the last wave, is there even a chance for march or just assume waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
for december/january interviews if we didn't hear back in the last wave, is there even a chance for march or just assume waitlist
My interview was in November and I’m still holding out hope🥴 am I delusional? maybe. will I still be devastated when I get the WL/R. absolutely🤪

My interview was in November and I’m still holding out hope🥴 am I delusional? maybe. will I still be devastated when I get the WL/R. absolutely🤪
Also my dumba$$ sent a letter of intent, not realizing they said to only send those once you are waitlisted skskskks

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in September… the silence is so painful. Is it worth writing a letter of intent? Am I crazy for still being hopeful?

Called admissions office about decision day. they said they don't give out actual date, but it will be mid-march, most likely 13-17 week.

Called admissions office about decision day. they said they don't give out actual date, but it will be mid-march, most likely 13-17 week.
oh damn i'm surprised it's not march 10th. Based on past years, one would assume it would be then. But maybe they're switching things up...who knows

Is it even worth an update letter at this point? Sent one right before Dec rounds, and right after Dec rounds. Early Sep interview and passed over both waves...

Does anyone know if it's appropriate to email and ask for merit aid? I have offers from other schools but I would much rather go to Vandy. Has Vandy said anywhere that it's NOT okay to do this?

Does anyone know if it's appropriate to email and ask for merit aid? I have offers from other schools but I would much rather go to Vandy. Has Vandy said anywhere that it's NOT okay to do this?
Vandy strictly said all merit aid is dispersed upon acceptance over the phone and they do not match offers. I think it's the only school that i interviewed at that was this adamant about it- someone else can chime in to confirm this though.

• Sad
Vandy strictly said all merit aid is dispersed upon acceptance over the phone and they do not match offers. I think it's the only school that i interviewed at that was this adamant about it- someone else can chime in to confirm this though.
Yeah you are correct

Yeah you are correct
Is that in writing somewhere or did they just mention it verbally? I don't seem to remember them saying that so I'm wondering if it just didn't come up on my interview day. I definitely wouldn't want to antagonize them and ask if they said not to lol

Is that in writing somewhere or did they just mention it verbally? I don't seem to remember them saying that so I'm wondering if it just didn't come up on my interview day. I definitely wouldn't want to antagonize them and ask if they said not to lol
I recall them mentioning it verbally.

I think they said it in one of the videos in the interviewee Box folder

Apparently some MD-PhDs heard this morning, anyone on here heard back? :/ I havent received a call and Im convinced its over

• Sad
Can any current students chime in to confirm whether Vanderbilt is getting rid of AOA and when this change is expected to be implemented? I've heard this here and there but just wanted to make sure.

Can any current students chime in to confirm whether Vanderbilt is getting rid of AOA and when this change is expected to be implemented? I've heard this here and there but just wanted to make sure.
Yeah I’ve heard it mentioned by current students at interview day but would be nice to have confirmed!

Also out of curiosity if there’s any current Vandy Med students on here, how good is financial aid?

They just sent out the interview feedback survey a month later but this email started “Thank you for interviewing at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine…”
Gave me a heart attack

Anyone think the day is tomorrow for March decisions?

Me checking my voicemail and email every 5 minutes
1aef24e22b5bd79800a3253662acec38.jpg

• Love
Damn is that it for the March wave?

If there was no mention of a merit scholarship over the phone, is there no hope for getting one?