You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Vanderbilt
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oh that's strange. They told us just two weeks ago that they were aiming for 650 this year.FYI the Vanderbilt admissions tracker now says 735 interview invitations sent... meaning they are likely close if not already done sending interview invites. They sent a total of 758 last year, 658 the year before that, and 551 the year before that.
The tracker includes MSTP and MIDP. What you were told probably related to MD-only. In any event, given the fact that it is now January 20th, it's probably safe to say they are done, other than maybe filling in some last minute cancellations.oh that's strange. They told us just two weeks ago that they were aiming for 650 this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're right haha. You reminded me of something else too- When Vanderbilt sent us IIs, this was the only schools that didn't seperate time slots by application type. I almost accidentally signed up for MIDP and MSTP interview slots.The tracker includes MSTP and MIDP. What you were told probably related to MD-only. In any event, given the fact that it is now January 20th, it's probably safe to say they are done, other than maybe filling in some last minute cancellations.
oh shoot I totally didn't realize that when scheduling... now I'm worried I signed up for a MIDP or MSTP slot. is there a way to check this on the portal or something?You're right haha. You reminded me of something else too- When Vanderbilt sent us IIs, this was the only schools that didn't seperate time slots by application type. I almost accidentally signed up for MIDP and MSTP interview slots.
To my knowledge no, everything came over email from then on. You probably did the right one, as there's like 5x as many MD IIs as the others ones, so if you didn't look you probs clicked the right one.oh shoot I totally didn't realize that when scheduling... now I'm worried I signed up for a MIDP or MSTP slot. is there a way to check this on the portal or something?
Kyler Mwwrray
Full Member
oabdall
New Member
According to their website, it will probably be late February: 2021-2022 Admission Timelinehi everyone, not sure if this was stated before but when can we expect to hear back in feb regarding decisions? they told my interview group in late november that we would hear in february and was wondering when in the month (assuming mid).
lieseldiesel
Full Member
Pre-II R just now. OOS, complete first week in August. Good luck everyone!
+1, complete late Aug I think. OOSPre-II R just now. OOS, complete first week in August. Good luck everyone!
Pre-II R
student306
Full Member
pre-II r
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R
If you’re MSTP I actually emailed a little bit back and they said that if you hadn’t heard back you were still under consideration for an invite through mid Feb which is when the last interview date is.haven't copped the pre-II R yet but also haven't heard anything! thoughts? anyone in same position?
Pre-II R lmao the email was not very flowery
"Recommended that you not be offered the opportunity". Thanks, Vandy...Pre-II R lmao the email was not very flowery
I'm MD only but thanks for the heads up! Maybe could be on hold 🤷♂️If you’re MSTP I actually emailed a little bit back and they said that if you hadn’t heard back you were still under consideration for an invite through mid Feb which is when the last interview date is.
Spoke too soon. RIPI'm MD only but thanks for the heads up! Maybe could be on hold 🤷♂️
Ephemeralis
Full Member
pre-II R
losthopemd123
New Member
Oof pre-II R. Vandy alum here...this one hurts.
Pre-II R yesterday (2.2.2022). Gl everyone!
When in February will the next wave of decisions come?
D
deleted1074206
My bet is the 25th ( a Friday)
D
deleted1074206
anyone know when the last day of interviews is?
A few weeks ago, the schedule showed interviews as late as February 25, 2022.anyone know when the last day of interviews is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1074206
Thanks for the info! Then I bet decisions won’t come out till laterA few weeks ago, the schedule showed interviews as late as February 25, 2022.
Vanderbilt has plans for decisions around the end of February and sometime during March.Thanks for the info! Then I bet decisions won’t come out till later
D
deleted1074206
Cool! Didn’t realize they were doing two more batches. Thanks!!Vanderbilt has plans for decisions around the end of February and sometime during March.
yea I heard interviews end in late february and there's two final acceptance waves left, mid to late Feb and mid March.Cool! Didn’t realize they were doing two more batches. Thanks!!
D
deleted1074206
hoping this week but have no clue!Does anyone know if the next wave will be this week or next
Dreaming_of_dreams
Full Member
Hey guys 🙂 I have my interview coming up soon and I just started preparing for it. I was looking at the questions they have asked in the past, and I saw that there were some questions along the lines of "where else did you apply" and "why did you apply there" I thought that wasn't allowed? I just wanted to know if this was a question I should prepare to answer gracefully, I guess.
I personally never got a question about where else I applied in any of my interviews this cycle including Vanderbilt.Hey guys 🙂 I have my interview coming up soon and I just started preparing for it. I was looking at the questions they have asked in the past, and I saw that there were some questions along the lines of "where else did you apply" and "why did you apply there" I thought that wasn't allowed? I just wanted to know if this was a question I should prepare to answer gracefully, I guess.
harvard asked me for a full breakdown across both this cycle and last lol. The one and only school to ask across like 16 interviews (both cycles).I personally never got a question about where else I applied in any of my interviews this cycle including Vanderbilt.
thisprocess
New Member
Anyone know what time acceptance calls have historically started?
Last year first A for this batch was feb 19th at 1:13pm PSTAnyone know what time acceptance calls have historically started?
Last edited:
thisprocess
New Member
CST? Meaning we have another at least 20 more minutes before we anxiously hope either we hear or someone posts to confirm (woo)Last year first A for this batch was feb 19th at 1:13pm
Whoops, PST. My bad, 2 more hours to goCST? Meaning we have another at least 20 more minutes before we anxiously hope either we hear or someone posts to confirm (woo)
thisprocess
New Member
hahah idk if that is better or worse. but thank you for the info!Whoops, PST. My bad, 2 more hours to go
Kyler Mwwrray
Full Member
Got mine around 5pm CST.Anyone know what time acceptance calls have historically started?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1074206
Any word?
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
JUST ACCEPTED…
the fact that we won’t be hearing anything today. See y’all next week lol.
the fact that we won’t be hearing anything today. See y’all next week lol.
FYI the Vanderbilt admissions tracker now says 735 interview invitations sent... meaning they are likely close if not already done sending interview invites. They sent a total of 758 last year, 658 the year before that, and 551 the year before that.
Now it says 743, which means that Vandy’s post II rate for last and this cycle is going to lower than it used to be. Probably the same with a lot of other schools too
Didn’t they say the feb calls would go out mid February?? This is the last week of feb at this point.Now it says 743, which means that Vandy’s post II rate for last and this cycle is going to lower than it used to be. Probably the same with a lot of other schools too
I believe the website said mid-late February.Didn’t they say the feb calls would go out mid February?? This is the last week of feb at this point.