2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that it for March wave or do they call throughout the day?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone want to bite the bullet and call the admissions office lol

WL, will be withdrawing. Good luck to those awaiting results!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1, since Iā€™ll have no chance at a merit scholarship, I will be withdrawing!
So WL equals no chance of merit for sure? Should probably take the merit money elsewhere and run!

Last edited:
Does vandy waitlist everyone that interviewed and was not accepted? or did they send some rejections? (+1 waitlist)

Think itā€™s just need based aid if you didnā€™t get a merit scholarship. Iā€™m not sure how generous they are in that regards.

Anyone know when financial aid is typically released?

Does anyone know if Vandy will match scholarship offers at other schools?

Anyone know when financial aid is typically released?
To answer my own question, accepted students can probably expect financial aid offers at the beginning of April.
2022: April 5
2021: April 5
2020: April 7
2019: April 8

Some people find out by checking their portal in the Document Upload tab.
Financial aid offers are out! I didn't get an email, but if you log in to the portal, you can look under the "Document Upload" tab, and then see the Financial Aid Packet as one of the documents on the right-hand side (posted around noon yesterday). Hope that helps!

There are few reports on SDN, but those that did post indicate that the financial aid packages are pretty bad. See below (2020-2021 is omitted, did not catch many financial aid posts):

2021-2022:
Laughed at my financial aid summary, turning down A this wkā€¦ best of luck to those on WL

2019-2020:
Did I read the financial aid Q&A correctly or am I mistaken here? If a student turns down their merit scholarship to matriculate elsewhere, Vanderbilt won't redistribute that money to other potential candidates. If true, my withdrawal will be coming soon.

Does that only apply post-enrollment or even now? Did anyone interpret that question differently?
They don't redistribute because they give out more merit scholarships than they actually anticipate to enroll.

With that said, during my interview day, the person who did the financial aid presentation provided an anecdote in which a scholarship was awarded to someone who asked because the prior holder had withdrawn. It is possible that their current scholarship redistribution policy only crystallized recently, IDK.

2018-2019:
Good news and bad news!
Good news - Got my financial aid package today
Bad news - Vanderbilt will be VERY expensive. Also they specifically say in the FAQ that when someone with a scholarship withdwaws, they donā€™t distribute those funds to someone else. Nor do they match offers from other schools

Hereā€™s to hoping one of my others schools comes through with a decent offer!

ALSO apparently they don't combine merit and need-based aid but not sure since this was from 2020:
They donā€™t combine merit and need based aid... sad. Will be withdrawing
Was really surprised to hear this, because I got great merit aid from Vandy but it is still my most expensive school because of this :(
Me too!! Full tuition scholarship and the rest in loans. Crazy that it ended up costing the most

Couldn't find anything about matching need-based aid from other schools, but they definitely do not match merit scholarships from other schools.

The 2019-2020 thread had the most posts regarding people's frustrations with financial aid packages if y'all want to look more into it. Hoping that Vandy will be generous to us!!! Fingers crossed! (sorry for the long post but figured this would be helpful to folks)

Reactions: 3 users
To answer my own question, accepted students can probably expect financial aid offers at the beginning of April.
2022: April 5
2021: April 5
2020: April 7
2019: April 8

Some people find out by checking their portal in the Document Upload tab.

There are few reports on SDN, but those that did post indicate that the financial aid packages are pretty bad. See below (2020-2021 is omitted, did not catch many financial aid posts):

2021-2022:

2019-2020:

2018-2019:

ALSO apparently they don't combine merit and need-based aid but not sure since this was from 2020:

Couldn't find anything about matching need-based aid from other schools, but they definitely do not match merit scholarships from other schools.

The 2019-2020 thread had the most posts regarding people's frustrations with financial aid packages if y'all want to look more into it. Hoping that Vandy will be generous to us!!! Fingers crossed! (sorry for the long post but figured this would be helpful to folks)
Welp Iā€™ll keep my expectations low then lol. Thanks for looking and reporting stuff you found on the older threads!

• Care
Will be withdrawing my A. Darn shame as I really enjoyed what the school offers but that need based financial aid package was not it at all.

Reactions: 4 users
I also just withdrew my A. Best of luck to all of those who are still in the running!

Best of luck to all waitlisters. Have a good weekend and hopefully good news will come next week.

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone send in a letter yesterday and receive any kind of confirmation of receiving it.

Do they call you off the waitlist or will it just be an email/portal check? Thanks

Is everyone in the GroupMe an incoming student? Iā€™m surprised they are still over class size
Def not! I know people at second look who are not attending and are still in the groupme!

Reactions: 1 users
Received confirmation of LOI 30 minutes ago lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how many people have been added to the groupme since yesterday?

FB says ā€œ+16 in the last weekā€

Just got accepted on Thursday! Does anyone have a link to the groupme?