2021-2022 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn’t they say the feb calls would go out mid February?? This is the last week of feb at this point.
At an interview session in the beginning of February, they mentioned they would meet at the end of February and have that round of decisions before the end of the month. The remaining round of decisions after that will be in March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Just a few more minutes before it begins! Remember that no matter the results of today you are incredible and you have worked your booty off for all the right reasons. We’re all going to be great doctors, and our med school does not at all define nor limit our potential!! (Plus, always nice to know there’s another round of A’s in March hehe)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
If you don't get a call by the end of the night, does that mean a waitlist or rejection? Or will they send out follow-up emails?

If you don't get a call by the end of the night, does that mean a waitlist or rejection? Or will they send out follow-up emails?

Don’t think today was explicitly ever mentioned as the day calls would go out. End of February could still mean Monday or even tomorrow. Also there is a 3rd round of decisions that will come out in March and after that everyone else will be put on the WL.

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t think today was explicitly ever mentioned as the day calls would go out. End of February could still mean Monday or even tomorrow. Also there is a 3rd round of decisions that will come out in March and after that everyone else will be put on the WL.
Did they mention a March round of decisions during the interview day? Their website with the admissions timeline only has 2 rounds of decisions (mid December and late February), but it could be outdated.

Did they mention a March round of decisions during the interview day? Their website with the admissions timeline only has 2 rounds of decisions (mid December and late February), but it could be outdated.
Yes, a March round of decisions was mentioned at the interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone I know who got in an earlier round was called on a Saturday afternoon. So today may or may not be the day! Remember to breathe y’all

Yea the March round of decisions is in addition to, not in place of, the one in February.

Yup this is correct. Last year Vandy added a March wave in addition to the February one, as well. Vandy has sent out more interviews last year and this year (based on the tracker) than they typically did in the past, and so that likely accounts for the third (and smaller) March wave.

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE A CALL! Interviewed December.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Aww, it is beginning. Good luck, y’all! Also, looking back at how neurotic I was in December…yikes

JUST GOT THE A CALL! Interviewed December.
Congrats!! Do you have an update on the portal or official email yet? Don’t have access to my phone currently so won’t know if I get a call or not

Congrats!! Do you have an update on the portal or official email yet? Don’t have access to my phone currently so won’t know if I get a call or not
CONGRATS!!!!! Would you mind sharing where the first letter of your last name stands in the alphabet?
No updates on portal or email yet. My last name is alphabetically within the first 5 letters.
Curious if anyone knows, if there was no mention of merit aid on the call is that a confirmation that none was awarded?

No updates on portal or email yet. My last name is alphabetically is within the first 5 letters.
Curious if anyone knows, if there was no mention of merit aid on the call is that a confirmation that none was awarded?
I think so, because they typically give merit out on the call

A!! No merit aid even though I asked lol. Fin aid packages come out in April after you submit all the forms and whatever.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Also got the call!! They said that we'll receive an official email on Monday. My guess is the portal will also update then as well.

Edit: last name is middle of the alphabet

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A!! No merit aid even though I asked lol. Fin aid packages come out in April after you submit all the forms and whatever.
Also got the call!! They said that we'll receive an official email on Monday. My guess is the portal will also update then as well.

Edit: last name is middle of the alphabet
Congrats! When did you all interview?

does anyone know if those who interviewed in early Feb will hear back in this batch?

Did anyone with a last name closer to the end of the alphabet get a call?

So those who didn't get a call are rejected/waitlisted on Monday then (those that were interviewed in December)?

So those who didn't get a call are rejected/waitlisted on Monday then (those that were interviewed in December)?
I wouldn't say they're done yet today... In previous years, calls went on for a few hours in bursts. But yea, it's likely that WL/R emails will be sent Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't say they're done yet today... In previous years, calls went on for a few hours in bursts. But yea, it's likely that WL/R emails will be sent Monday.
I thought that they didn’t send out WL/R emails until after their last wave - pretty sure people who interviewed earlier are continued to be reviewed through the last wave

I thought that they didn’t send out WL/R emails until after their last wave - pretty sure people who interviewed earlier are continued to be reviewed through the last wave
Applicants who have interviewed can be rejected with each wave. Only interviewing applicants who have not been rejected continue to be considered.

Hmm looking back at last year's thread, it sounds like you might be right. My bad, I was looking at 2019-20 and saw that they sent Post-II Rs in February. Didn't realize that 2019-20 also didn't have a March wave.

Just got the call! Momma I’m comin’ home to TN! Alphabetical definitely makes sense because my last name is at the very end. Congrats to us lucky ones and good luck to everyone in subsequent rounds!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call! Momma I’m comin’ home to TN! Alphabetical definitely makes sense because my last name is at the very end. Congrats to us lucky ones and good luck to everyone in subsequent rounds!
CONGRATS! When did you interview?

Do we think they are still going/will have some tomorrow?

Got the call a little less than 2 hours ago. Last name near start of alphabet. Interviewed in December.

• Love
Can I retract my statement about it being alphabetical to give myself some hope 🥺

• Care
Got the A today as well! Canadian applicant and late interview - was not expecting this at all...

• Love
They giving out more A’s today orrrrrr….🥺
Considering the last reported A's name was at the end of the alphabet and that general alphabetical trend seems to hold up, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Good thing there is (reportedly) a march wave left!