This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trynahelp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of trimming down my waitlists, and a few come down solely to potential financial aid.

Prospective Financial Sitch:
  • Likely going to Northwestern, definitely can see myself there
  • $10k/yr grant guaranteed for 4 years
  • Estimating my debt at around $220k-$240k, which is like 8+ years of family income
Does anyone know if Cornell or NYU are at all generous with/even have need based grants (I know they have loans for days). I don't want to take up a spot on the waitlist if it's not gonna help me in any way, but if there's a chance that it might be cheaper, then I'll stay on.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for your help! Congrats everyone on almost being done!

Members don't see this ad.

Cornell has a unit loan of 31k and meets your need (for me it was CoA minus approximately efc as calculated by fafsa) after that

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Sounds like I'll stay on then.

Also, in case anyone is looking at this thread, I just found this. Seems like NYU gives need based aid to approximately 1/4 of it's class, and in addition there are institutional loans. Unclear how I didn't find this before, but it seems like there's at least a shot at better aid there.