You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hope to see some love from this school! Curious to see how OOS applicants do with Florida DO schools...
It's somewhere on their website, but it's basically a 50/50 split between in-state and out-of-state residents.
It's somewhere on their website, but it's basically a 50/50 split between in-state and out-of-state residents.
Thanks! Sounds good to me. =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's somewhere on their website, but it's basically a 50/50 split between in-state and out-of-state residents.
49%/51% OOS/IS...😛
Surprised at the lack of posts here compared to last year's thread
49%/51% OOS/IS...😛
Surprised at the lack of posts here compared to last year's thread
It definitely feels like 50/50.
Actually, I think this year's thread is ahead of last year's thread by a few weeks thus far (comparing dates at the current post count). Anyways, the cycle just started. Once interviews and acceptances start rolling in people will start going nuts and the thread will explode.
How long does it usually take to receive the secondary?
I remember they were one of the first to send a secondary after I became verified, maybe 3-7 days after.
guys Im OOS
3.66/27. how good of a chance do I have here?
3.66/27. how good of a chance do I have here?
It definitely feels like 50/50.
Actually, I think this year's thread is ahead of last year's thread by a few weeks thus far (comparing dates at the current post count). Anyways, the cycle just started. Once interviews and acceptances start rolling in people will start going nuts and the thread will explode.
1% is what? 1 more student is from FL? I'm just kidding around. But yeah, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and thinking we'd be on page 10 by now.
guys Im OOS
3.66/27. how good of a chance do I have here?
If sci/cum GPA are the same, then chances look excellent.
How long does it usually take to receive the secondary?
I submitted my AACOMAS the first week it was open last year and received my secondary from NSU 7/9. Just to give you a general idea from last cycle 🙂
Just submitted. Still waiting for verification!
3.56cGPA, 3.55sGPA, 31 (10,11,10)
3.56cGPA, 3.55sGPA, 31 (10,11,10)
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what my chances are here.
I grew up in Florida most of my life but moved out of state when I got married so I have very strong ties there but I'm officially an out of state resident. I'm a nontraditional applicant with a 3.19 sGPA/3.29 cGPA and a 29R MCAT. I have a lot of good EC but most are not recent. I am also a small business owner and a parent to a 4 year old (don't know if that counts for much but it will explain why I wasn't as active this past year).
Would appreciate any advice/insight.
Thanks
I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what my chances are here.
I grew up in Florida most of my life but moved out of state when I got married so I have very strong ties there but I'm officially an out of state resident. I'm a nontraditional applicant with a 3.19 sGPA/3.29 cGPA and a 29R MCAT. I have a lot of good EC but most are not recent. I am also a small business owner and a parent to a 4 year old (don't know if that counts for much but it will explain why I wasn't as active this past year).
Would appreciate any advice/insight.
Thanks
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what my chances are here.
I grew up in Florida most of my life but moved out of state when I got married so I have very strong ties there but I'm officially an out of state resident. I'm a nontraditional applicant with a 3.19 sGPA/3.29 cGPA and a 29R MCAT. I have a lot of good EC but most are not recent. I am also a small business owner and a parent to a 4 year old (don't know if that counts for much but it will explain why I wasn't as active this past year).
Would appreciate any advice/insight.
Thanks
Your MCAT is good, average MCAT is 27 and Nova is a known MCAT lover, but your GPA is lower than the average.
Hopefully your EC's are enough to outweigh the low GPA. Make sure you apply early!
Re applying... I hope this round will be way better then what happened last round for me.
Re applying... I hope this round will be way better then what happened last round for me.
Good seeing you here, hopefully we'll be classmates this time around 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Re applying... I hope this round will be way better then what happened last round for me.
What was the hang up last cycle for you again?
What was the hang up last cycle for you again?
It was a nightmare last time. Got an early interview only to be told it was a mistake. Later they called to reschedule only giving me 12 hours to figure out how to get there. Finally they give me a second interview only for me to have to withdraw after a death in the family. It sucked. Now I am in a second post bacc special masters program... I am hoping my grades in Tulane pharmacology will move them to interview and accept me.
Good seeing you here, hopefully we'll be classmates this time around 👍
Did you decide on a masters program?
Did you decide on a masters program?
Yeah, I'll be going to Barry's since I hear they have a good track record of getting people into Nova and sometimes UM (Though, that may have changed). Surprised you turned down USF IMS though honestly. I would think IMS would make you a shoe in for USF-COM.
Yeah, I'll be going to Barry's since I hear they have a good track record of getting people into Nova and sometimes UM (Though, that may have changed). Surprised you turned down USF IMS though honestly. I would think IMS would make you a shoe in for USF-COM.
BARRY! I know some people that go there for their masters.
applying as well!
just submitted my AACOMAS. will be applying here for next cycle 🙂.
D
deleted480308
Hello there.... I was wondering what looks better on the application... to consider yourself a disadvantage student or not?
Thank you!
If it's true.....disadvantaged and urm are always better
Hello there.... I was wondering what looks better on the application... to consider yourself a disadvantage student or not?
Thank you!
Obviously disadvantaged, but be careful. If you just check mark it and never bring it up (such as in your PS) then get ready for them to grill you on it, especially if you don't qualify for Financial Aid Assistance.
If it's true.....disadvantaged and urm are always better
Thank you!!!
Obviously disadvantaged, but be careful. If you just check mark it and never bring it up (such as in your PS) then get ready for them to grill you on it, especially if you don't qualify for Financial Aid Assistance.
Thanks!!!
I turned my application in first week and its verified and idea when we start to get secondaries!!? Taking my Mcat July 2! Ahh the days are getting closer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I turned my application in first week and its verified and idea when we start to get secondaries!!? Taking my Mcat July 2! Ahh the days are getting closer
~3 weeks based on previous threads
Anyone gotten a secondary yet?
Anyone gotten a secondary yet?
I know you guys don't want to hear the W word, but I'd wait another week or so.
Source: ~post #136: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=912644&page=3
Wow July 3, I guess I can wait lol
I know you guys don't want to hear the W word, but I'd wait another week or so.
Source: ~post #136: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=912644&page=3
Is the W word "Wait"? hahaha
Hey NeuroLax, are you going to give tours again this year?
Is the W word "Wait"? hahaha
Hey NeuroLax, are you going to give tours again this year?
I'm not one of those people, dude. Sorry!
![]()
I'm not one of those people, dude. Sorry!
What do you mean those people.
What do you mean those people.![]()
Hah! If you're not a student ambassador, I wasn't talking about you. 😎
Just got an email at 2:02am that they have received my "Letter of Reference." Someone is burning the midnight oil over there, lol!!
I haven't heard that they have received my app or anything, but my committee letter is in! I hope that's not a bad thing for some reason.
The email also gives me my NSU ID. I wonder if I can submit my secondary?? I think I'll wait for another email first??
I haven't heard that they have received my app or anything, but my committee letter is in! I hope that's not a bad thing for some reason.
The email also gives me my NSU ID. I wonder if I can submit my secondary?? I think I'll wait for another email first??
Just got an email at 2:02am that they have received my "Letter of Reference." Someone is burning the midnight oil over there, lol!!
I haven't heard that they have received my app or anything, but my committee letter is in! I hope that's not a bad thing for some reason.
The email also gives me my NSU ID. I wonder if I can submit my secondary?? I think I'll wait for another email first??
Are we supposed to send them our LORs before they ask for a secondary?
Are we supposed to send them our LORs before they ask for a secondary?
The website says that LOR's are to be a part of the secondaries http://medicine.nova.edu/do/admissions/procedures.html
Just got an email for their secondary.
Secondary invite received! C'mon Nova!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got an email for their secondary.
+1
Just got an email for their secondary.
+1 Here we go!
🙂
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 119K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K