Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope to see some love from this school! Curious to see how OOS applicants do with Florida DO schools...

Members don't see this ad.

Hope to see some love from this school! Curious to see how OOS applicants do with Florida DO schools...

It's somewhere on their website, but it's basically a 50/50 split between in-state and out-of-state residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
49%/51% OOS/IS...:p

Surprised at the lack of posts here compared to last year's thread

It definitely feels like 50/50.

Actually, I think this year's thread is ahead of last year's thread by a few weeks thus far (comparing dates at the current post count). Anyways, the cycle just started. Once interviews and acceptances start rolling in people will start going nuts and the thread will explode.

guys Im OOS

3.66/27. how good of a chance do I have here?

It definitely feels like 50/50.

Actually, I think this year's thread is ahead of last year's thread by a few weeks thus far (comparing dates at the current post count). Anyways, the cycle just started. Once interviews and acceptances start rolling in people will start going nuts and the thread will explode.

1% is what? 1 more student is from FL? I'm just kidding around. But yeah, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and thinking we'd be on page 10 by now.

guys Im OOS

3.66/27. how good of a chance do I have here?

If sci/cum GPA are the same, then chances look excellent.

How long does it usually take to receive the secondary?

I submitted my AACOMAS the first week it was open last year and received my secondary from NSU 7/9. Just to give you a general idea from last cycle :)

2 weeks for a secondary I'd say.

Just submitted. Still waiting for verification!
3.56cGPA, 3.55sGPA, 31 (10,11,10)

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what my chances are here.

I grew up in Florida most of my life but moved out of state when I got married so I have very strong ties there but I'm officially an out of state resident. I'm a nontraditional applicant with a 3.19 sGPA/3.29 cGPA and a 29R MCAT. I have a lot of good EC but most are not recent. I am also a small business owner and a parent to a 4 year old (don't know if that counts for much but it will explain why I wasn't as active this past year).

Would appreciate any advice/insight.

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what my chances are here.

I grew up in Florida most of my life but moved out of state when I got married so I have very strong ties there but I'm officially an out of state resident. I'm a nontraditional applicant with a 3.19 sGPA/3.29 cGPA and a 29R MCAT. I have a lot of good EC but most are not recent. I am also a small business owner and a parent to a 4 year old (don't know if that counts for much but it will explain why I wasn't as active this past year).

Would appreciate any advice/insight.

Thanks

Your MCAT is good, average MCAT is 27 and Nova is a known MCAT lover, but your GPA is lower than the average.

Hopefully your EC's are enough to outweigh the low GPA. Make sure you apply early!

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the hang up last cycle for you again?

It was a nightmare last time. Got an early interview only to be told it was a mistake. Later they called to reschedule only giving me 12 hours to figure out how to get there. Finally they give me a second interview only for me to have to withdraw after a death in the family. It sucked. Now I am in a second post bacc special masters program... I am hoping my grades in Tulane pharmacology will move them to interview and accept me.

Did you decide on a masters program?

Yeah, I'll be going to Barry's since I hear they have a good track record of getting people into Nova and sometimes UM (Though, that may have changed). Surprised you turned down USF IMS though honestly. I would think IMS would make you a shoe in for USF-COM.

Yeah, I'll be going to Barry's since I hear they have a good track record of getting people into Nova and sometimes UM (Though, that may have changed). Surprised you turned down USF IMS though honestly. I would think IMS would make you a shoe in for USF-COM.

BARRY! I know some people that go there for their masters.

Verified on 6/6, applying with a 3.7/28. Hoping to get to check out this school!

just submitted my AACOMAS. will be applying here for next cycle :).

Hello there.... I was wondering what looks better on the application... to consider yourself a disadvantage student or not?
Thank you!

Hello there.... I was wondering what looks better on the application... to consider yourself a disadvantage student or not?
Thank you!

If it's true.....disadvantaged and urm are always better

Thank you!

Obviously disadvantaged, but be careful. If you just check mark it and never bring it up (such as in your PS) then get ready for them to grill you on it, especially if you don't qualify for Financial Aid Assistance.

Obviously disadvantaged, but be careful. If you just check mark it and never bring it up (such as in your PS) then get ready for them to grill you on it, especially if you don't qualify for Financial Aid Assistance.

Thanks!!!

I turned my application in first week and its verified and idea when we start to get secondaries!!? Taking my Mcat July 2! Ahh the days are getting closer

Is the W word "Wait"? hahaha

9969078-businessman-making-the-on-the-nose-gesture-from-the-game-charades--full-body-isolated-on-white.jpg

Hey NeuroLax, are you going to give tours again this year?

I'm not one of those people, dude. Sorry!

Just got an email at 2:02am that they have received my "Letter of Reference." Someone is burning the midnight oil over there, lol!!

I haven't heard that they have received my app or anything, but my committee letter is in! I hope that's not a bad thing for some reason.

The email also gives me my NSU ID. I wonder if I can submit my secondary?? I think I'll wait for another email first??

Just got an email at 2:02am that they have received my "Letter of Reference." Someone is burning the midnight oil over there, lol!!

I haven't heard that they have received my app or anything, but my committee letter is in! I hope that's not a bad thing for some reason.

The email also gives me my NSU ID. I wonder if I can submit my secondary?? I think I'll wait for another email first??

Are we supposed to send them our LORs before they ask for a secondary?

I still haven't received a secondary email. Maybe they are sending it out in batches?