NSU INTERVIEW ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowbluegreen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

i had recently been invited for an interview at NSU :0 I am from Canada with MCAT 32, GPA3.4 and ton of ECs. This is my first time applying to a DO school and I am unfamiliar with how the interview process is going to be.

I have looked at the questions on SDN that have been asked previously and I will continue to search about the school and learn as much as I can.

I was wondering if anyone has had an interview with them and could give any advice as what to expect, and how to prepare more efficiently.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

The advice I have received is to be prepared for classic questions. Why DO? Why medicine? Why this institution? 3 strengths and weaknesses etc. Be aware of everything that is on your application and ready to explain any deficiencies.

But most importantly, remember that you have been chosen for an interview because the ADCOM has the impression that you have the intellectual gusto to survive medical school. The interview is a screening process to make sure that you are a pleasant person and possess the interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with patients, so just be yourself and you're golden!

Reading Goro's interview thread likely will be beneficial. Also read The DOs if you have time to gain an appreciation for the history of the profession.

Reactions: 1 user
The advice I have received is to be prepared for classic questions. Why DO? Why medicine? Why this institution? 3 strengths and weaknesses etc. Be aware of everything that is on your application and ready to explain any deficiencies.

But most importantly, remember that you have been chosen for an interview because the ADCOM has the impression that you have the intellectual gusto to survive medical school. The interview is a screening process to make sure that you are a pleasant person and possess the interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with patients, so just be yourself and you're golden!

Reading Goro's interview thread likely will be beneficial. Also read The DOs if you have time to gain an appreciation for the history of the profession.

This and just be yourself. Seriously be yourself and relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know they will probably ask you what you know about Osteopathic Medicine versus Allopathic Medicine, about Osteopathic Manipulation and how it relates to patient treatment, it might be a good idea to find someone who specializes in such treatment and shadow them to get an idea of what that entails.

Thank you! I really appreciate your input!

Hey Guys,

i had recently been invited for an interview at NSU :0 I am from Canada with MCAT 32, GPA3.4 and ton of ECs. This is my first time applying to a DO school and I am unfamiliar with how the interview process is going to be.

I have looked at the questions on SDN that have been asked previously and I will continue to search about the school and learn as much as I can.

I was wondering if anyone has had an interview with them and could give any advice as what to expect, and how to prepare more efficiently.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

If you don't mind me asking when did they receive your application?