1) With the Pandemic, timing and just how a normal cycle usually goes can not applied this year. Put your expectations aside@gonnif thanks for all your help. i think the verification process is significantly delayed this year. how does that affect the timeine you typically give to students regarding submission. I submitted june 20 and probably wont be verified until mid august....which is really pushing it in my opinion. people have already gotten interviews by then..
2) schools understand how difficult this cycle will be from getting transcripts from UG to AMCAS and then getting applications processed thru AMCAS
3) Schools do not evaluate, review, or issue interview invites based on some first come, first served basis nor do they hand they all interviews out at once. Reviews and interview invites are based on quality and competitiveness of the applicant with stronger applicants looked at earlier
4) At best, when admissions is operating at full capacity (which isnt until at least mid-August until early September) schools can only evaluate and review a few to several hundred applications a week. With several thousands applications, it can take up to 4-16 weeks (1-4 months) after your application is complete for evaluation and review to occur
5) With several schools already noting the interview cycle with go thru March 2021, I would suggest that being complete by Oct 1 this cycle is still ontime for solid applicants across most programs and frankly beyond, I would also suggest 20%-25% of interview invites will go out after the new year