*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gah. Sorry for the bad news. Praying for some good news this month for both of us!

Yeah it sucks but in the end Im just grateful ill have the chance to become a doctor regardless of where i end up going. There's also a religious quote I really love "perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you" so despite having some I feel like Id love I'm not too attached. In the end i just remind myself to be happy with what i have and keep doing my best. I haven't truly felt it until applying to med schools since it's such a big life decision but they've really resonated with me since then and make things much easier. I feel like it's a good mindset even for non religious folk.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it sucks but in the end Im just grateful ill have the chance to become a doctor regardless of where i end up going. There's also a religious quote I really love "perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you" so despite having some I feel like Id love I'm not too attached. In the end i just remind myself to be happy with what i have and keep doing my best. I haven't truly felt it until applying to med schools since it's such a big life decision but they've really resonated with me since then and make things much easier. I feel like it's a good mindset even for non religious folk.
Lol yeah, I comfort myself by thinking that if I were rejected or waitlisted, I probably wouldn't be a good fit there anyways and another school becomes my top choice

Reactions: 1 users
Lol yeah, I comfort myself by thinking that if I were rejected or waitlisted, I probably wouldn't be a good fit there anyways and another school becomes my top choice

I just tell myself that they do not deserve me and one day they will regret their decision. I have all my rejection emails archived for this.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol, that's some grudge talk. Whatever keeps you motivated. When's your USU interview?

Whatever keeps me sane lmao. Interview is 1/10. Gonna have to start prepping soon. Got the DoDMETS email yesterday so I can start proceeding with that..

Whatever keeps me sane lmao. Interview is 1/10. Gonna have to start prepping soon. Got the DoDMETS email yesterday so I can start proceeding with that..

Yeah, prepare to do a lot of waiting. There aren't a ton of people at Concorde, and there are only 7 med techs at DoDMerb.

You lost me..

DODMETS is run by a company called Concorde. They get get your physical and opto exam paperwork, make sure it's all good, then forward it over to DoDMerb, which is the DoD arm. They are the ones who actually make the decision on your medical stuff.

I should be fine physical and vision wise.. I'm only worried about my medical history/ a past illness. How are things on your end? Final decision made?
DODMETS is run by a company called Concorde. They get get your physical and opto exam paperwork, make sure it's all good, then forward it over to DoDMerb, which is the DoD arm. They are the ones who actually make the decision on your medical stuff.

I should be fine physical and vision wise.. I'm only worried about my medical history/ a past illness. How are things on your end? Final decision made?

Yeah, I mean of course be honest. They only see what you list.

I've been qualified for like 6 weeks now. Didn't take too long, even with 2 remedials.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I mean of course be honest. They only see what you list.

I've been qualified for like 6 weeks now. Didn't take too long, even with 2 remedials.

Oh yah its too late for that.. my illness was a huge part of my growth and my reason to apply for medicine so its on my PS. Little did i know that 1 month after i sent in my app i would be adding USUHS..with my illness...right there on my app haha. It isn't chronic/should be a one time thing so I think im fine. I meant have you decided on which school to go to or waiting on more acceptances?

Oh yah its too late for that.. my illness was a huge part of my growth and my reason to apply for medicine so its on my PS. Little did i know that 1 month after i sent in my app i would be adding USUHS..with my illness...right there on my app haha. It isn't chronic/should be a one time thing so I think im fine. I meant have you decided on which school to go to or waiting on more acceptances?

If you want, you can PM me and I can tell you whether it's disqualifying or not.

I am waiting on one school. I'm expecting to hear from them this week. I'm praying I got in, because they are my top choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Good news!
I got my medical clearance from the Air Force, so now all I have left is the physical. I'm *thisclose* to getting the scholarship! It feels even better because I applied to HPSP during my first cycle in 2016, but I never got medically cleared (not that I got accepted anyway). I'm so happy to have made it past the stumbling block I hit last time!

Good news!
I got my medical clearance from the Air Force, so now all I have left is the physical. I'm *thisclose* to getting the scholarship! It feels even better because I applied to HPSP during my first cycle in 2016, but I never got medically cleared (not that I got accepted anyway). I'm so happy to have made it past the stumbling block I hit last time!

Yay! I’m doing the physical for Navy HPSP tomorrow.

Yay! I’m doing the physical for Navy HPSP tomorrow.
Excellent! I'm visiting family in Australia, so I'll be doing mine when I get back. Not too worried though, I had a few things in my past medical history I was worried about but perfectly healthy now. Do you know which school you're going to yet, or are you waiting to hear back from some other places?

Excellent! I'm visiting family in Australia, so I'll be doing mine when I get back. Not too worried though, I had a few things in my past medical history I was worried about but perfectly healthy now. Do you know which school you're going to yet, or are you waiting to hear back from some other places?

I just got into my top choice, so yeah I know where I’m going. Congrats on getting accepted.

I just got into my top choice, so yeah I know where I’m going. Congrats on getting accepted.
Thanks, same to you! I'm just so thankful that things have gone better this cycle than in 2016.

I would love it if a couple of the schools I interviewed at would pull through and let me know their decision before Christmas! All this uncertainty is killing me :nailbiting:

Another one of my top 3 schools is making acceptance calls today and has sent out a few already. Gonna be hoping for one but it seems like they might all gone out already. I think my final top choice school responds next week haha so they might be my last chance into getting into one of my top ones.

(Although I'm grateful to be in any).

Another one of my top 3 schools is making acceptance calls today and has sent out a few already. Gonna be hoping for one but it seems like they might all gone out already. I think my final top choice school responds next week haha so they might be my last chance into getting into one of my top ones.

(Although I'm grateful to be in any).

Yeah and you never know. Sometimes what we think is our top choice really isn’t the best place for us. My top choice was like number 4 when I made my school list but it’s number one now.

Yeah and you never know. Sometimes what we think is our top choice really isn’t the best place for us. My top choice was like number 4 when I made my school list but it’s number one now.

That's very true, there were a couple schools i almost didn't go to but was glad i did afterwards. Plus i struggled to even decide what my top choices were lol, there were so many i liked that the difference was insignificant. It's easier for me to choose which schools i didn't like (which so far there were only 2).

That's very true, there were a couple schools i almost didn't go to but was glad i did afterwards. Plus i struggled to even decide what my top choices were lol, there were so many i liked that the difference was insignificant. It's easier for me to choose which schools i didn't like (which so far there were only 2).

Yeah I actually liked one of the schools I interviewed at until I tried to communicate with them after and it was like pulling teeth. I figured if they were so hard to work with before I was in, what happens when I’m a student (and they already have my money) and need something?

Hey you're in the same boat as me I think! Waiting for Vandy for the rest of this week plus several other schools that said they'd get back sometime in December... the waiting is rough

Hey you're in the same boat as me I think! Waiting for Vandy for the rest of this week plus several other schools that said they'd get back sometime in December... the waiting is rough

Yep vandy was one of my top 3 although in reality i have like a top 8 lol

Good luck to you guys waiting! Right there with you. Seeing as I only recently interviewed at my top choice, I doubt I'll hear until February/March but hopefully it will be sooner! I had a school that I knew very little about that ended up being in my top two. Definitely feel out and attend interviews if you can. I was glad I did. Fingers crossed. My top choice ended up staying my top choice post-interview but I never expected it would be so close decision-wise!

I thought I'd play it safe since i had saved up money to apply all summer anyways and i got the fee assistance program so it was only like paying for 9 to 10 schools. But yeah i definitely overapplied haha.

Yeah one of my least favorite questions has become “What’s your top school?”

i have no idea o k a y

I feel like it’s a presumptuous question until you’ve been accepted to more than one school. Lol. My top school is the one that accepted me.

I feel like it’s a presumptuous question until you’ve been accepted to more than one school. Lol. My top school is the one that accepted me.

That's fair although i think it's fine for places you've interviewed since you have an idea what the school is like

That's fair although i think it's fine for places you've interviewed since you have an idea what the school is like

Right, but it’s irrelevant if you don’t get in. I think it’s fine to make a list for yourself but it feels like it’s kind of like asking a woman if she’s pregnant when you ask someone for their top schools.

Right, but it’s irrelevant if you don’t get in. I think it’s fine to make a list for yourself but it feels like it’s kind of like asking a woman if she’s pregnant when you ask someone for their top schools.
:rofl:

Spot on!

Reactions: 1 users

Haha I meant it more for myself lol, not asking others.

Dude, I keep freaking out. I can't believe I got into my top choice. I don't mean to rub it in, but I'm ****ting my pants with excitement.
I think it was only a month ago or so that you were worried about not getting in at all. I told you that you'd make it, haha. So happy for you.

Okay need advice. I got into my top choice, and it’s a civilian school. They require males to wear a suit for certain things, and I don’t have a suit. Do I need to go super fancy for this, or can I get something cheap? Any suggestions? Does the advice change now that it’s not an interview, or should I get something I can use to interview for residency if I decide to apply for a civilian deferment (and get it)? I haven’t worn a suit or even a tie for over 6 years.