Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long do students have to study for board exams? I heard some schools give up to 2 months just to study for step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current students, is there a match list for PNWU yet?
If yes, where can we look at it?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is one of the things being restructured with the new curriculum so I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like my class is going to have a "multi-system" course where we essentially go over the most high yield material for about a month. We also have access to our Kaplan question banks as of a few days ago. A lot of prep seems to be set out throughout the second year with practice tests of increasing size.

You all should ask about the quality of the rotations 3rd and 4th year to really find out how well PNWU is doing. As I graduated several years ago, I have no clue how it is now, but it was not great when I was at PNWU. There were people who were not allowed in the hospital to deliver babies when on ob/gyn, rotation sites closed down, I had an RN as a preceptor on surgery, etc.

The first couple years don't matter. You learn that material on your own and even at the worst school in the country, a person could be fine if they study the right material. Any 3rd or 4th year want to chime in on if things have improved?

You all should ask about the quality of the rotations 3rd and 4th year to really find out how well PNWU is doing. As I graduated several years ago, I have no clue how it is now, but it was not great when I was at PNWU. There were people who were not allowed in the hospital to deliver babies when on ob/gyn, rotation sites closed down, I had an RN as a preceptor on surgery, etc.

The first couple years don't matter. You learn that material on your own and even at the worst school in the country, a person could be fine if they study the right material. Any 3rd or 4th year want to chime in on if things have improved?
I did talk to a couple students who are currently in their 3rd year doing OB/GYN rotations and they definitely help to deliver babies, participate in C-section, etc. I think it probably got better, which I am very hopeful for. We need to remember that the school is still very new.

Has anyone seen any movement of the wait list yet? I was put on the wait list back in February and keep hoping to hear something.

Has anyone seen any movement of the wait list yet? I was put on the wait list back in February and keep hoping to hear something.
I don't think there has been any waitlist movement yet. I know that there is one last interview group this week, so after that they will rank the waitlist and let us know where we stand. I think we should hear back end of April or early May about our status.

How long after the interview were you waitlisted? Interviewing there this Friday

How long after the interview were you waitlisted? Interviewing there this Friday
They give their notices of acceptance, wait list, and denied the next week. I found out my acceptance via phone call the Thursday after my Friday interview. They also post on the portal your status that same day.

Good luck on your interview!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone interviewing today. I'm up on campus right now. Looks like a good group!

Reactions: 5 users
Had a great experience interviewing this past Thursday. Great school, awesome facilities, very tight knit community. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 3 users
I want to send you guys the update we recently received. We are going to have three weeks of the "multi-system" course, but we will also have two weeks of standard board prep afterwards.

I want to send you guys the update we recently received. We are going to have three weeks of the "multi-system" course, but we will also have two weeks of standard board prep afterwards.
Ok, so basically three weeks of school directed board prep then two weeks of individual prep?

I don't think there has been any waitlist movement yet. I know that there is one last interview group this week, so after that they will rank the waitlist and let us know where we stand. I think we should hear back end of April or early May about our status.
How will they let us know where we are ranked on the waitlist?

I interviewed this past Friday the 15th and they told us they would let us know at the end of this week and that the waitlist would get ranked the week after.

I interviewed this past Friday the 15th and they told us they would let us know at the end of this week and that the waitlist would get ranked the week after.
Thanks for sharing that info. Next week is gonna be brutal waiting.

I spoke with Hope saturday at the open house. Only the top 30 waitlisted applicants will be notified by email and will receive a call if an offer is to be made. That being said both Mike and Tricia both said that they make around 70 calls to fill about 50 seats. Good luck to all the waitlist in the upcoming weeks.

I spoke with Hope saturday at the open house. Only the top 30 waitlisted applicants will be notified by email and will receive a call if an offer is to be made. That being said both Mike and Tricia both said that they make around 70 calls to fill about 50 seats. Good luck to all the waitlist in the upcoming weeks.
Does anyone know how waitlist rank goes for out of state applicants and if out of state, the odds of being pulled off?

Anyone who interviewed Friday, are you having problems with logging into the portal?

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed Friday, are you having problems with logging into the portal?
The portal originally gave me a message that said something like this information is not currently available after I logged in. However, if you switch tabs from 'apply' to 'application status', it switched pages and worked for me. It only has my interview date listed under 'decision'.

Does anyone know how waitlist rank goes for out of state applicants and if out of state, the odds of being pulled off?
Per the mission statement the are preferential towards PNW applicants although if you are from ID, MT, WA, OR (i think) you fall under their mission statement as well. I can not speak to if they take out of state residence in to consideration during waitlist rankings. Good luck though!

The portal originally gave me a message that said something like this information is not currently available after I logged in. However, if you switch tabs from 'apply' to 'application status', it switched pages and worked for me. It only has my interview date listed under 'decision'.

It won't even let me log in. When I try the "forgot password" and type in my username it says "We were unable to access your information. Please try again." So I don't know why I can't log in all of a sudden or change my password. It's like I no longer have access to the portal at all.

Mine is working fine. (And status just switched to 'waitlist') did you try logging in on a different computer maybe?

Mine is working fine. (And status just switched to 'waitlist') did you try logging in on a different computer maybe?

I have tried different computers. Same problem. Maybe I got rejected lol if you found out waitlist already...

It won't even let me log in. When I try the "forgot password" and type in my username it says "We were unable to access your information. Please try again." So I don't know why I can't log in all of a sudden or change my password. It's like I no longer have access to the portal at all.
I would call the school and ask. Plus that gives you the opportunity to ask any other questions you might have.

Just checked the portal. Interviewed 4/15 and today 4/20 it says Deny Post-Interview, good luck to you all. I will be accepting at another school.

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Guess its the best thing that could happen given the late interview date. It didn't sound like they were giving much acceptances for those 10 spots left.

There were 10 spots left? I heard from someone there were only 4. And 64 people interviewed....

Waitlisted. Guess its the best thing that could happen given the late interview date. It didn't sound like they were giving much acceptances for those 10 spots left.
I also heard there were 10 spots left. I think the major reason why i was not waitlisted is because I am not from the PNW but California.

Waitlisted ; Was able to log in to my account after calling them (they reset it).

There were 10 spots left? I heard from someone there were only 4. And 64 people interviewed....
Hope said that she thought there were 10 or 12 spots. Now the wait for the waitlist ranking is going to kill me haha

Post-II rejection From CA also but i doubt that had THAT much bearing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Was the interview round last Friday for opened seats or waitlist spots only? For some reason I thought only waitlist.

Was the interview round last Friday for opened seats or waitlist spots only? For some reason I thought only waitlist.
There were some open seats still

Accepted off the wait list last week. Keep your heads up! Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting a certificate error when trying to access the Self Service website? It says I may be trying to access it over an unsecure connection. I've tried on multiple devices and on different networks and I'm still getting the error. I don't want someone intercepting my web traffic and rescinding my application :D

Edit: I'm getting this message: This server could not prove that it is ssp.pnwu.edu; its security certificate expired 2 days ago.
Should someone tell admissions about this? Or their IT department?

I'm getting it too. I think it's just the problem with the website. Clearly, it's security certificate expired. I bet they'll have it running up again soon.

Congrats! If I may ask, when they accept you off the waitlist do they call you or is it just your portal changes?
I got a phone call. Also, they will mail you an acceptance letter in the mail.