Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone recieved an email for the waitlist ranking?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Hope and she told me yesterday that the list hasn't been ranked yet and that it would occur in early to mid-May. So, I'm not sure how the other SDN member got pulled off the waitlist already. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope also said they only rank the top 30, and won't rank past that 30 unless it becomes necessary. So we will only receive an email about our rank if we are in that top group.

I emailed Hope and she told me yesterday that the list hasn't been ranked yet and that it would occur in early to mid-May. So, I'm not sure how the other SDN member got pulled off the waitlist already. Fingers crossed!

That's odd because at the last interview date they said the waitlist will be ranked the week after (this week) and we'll know if we're in the top 30 because we'll get an email...

So strange!! I talked to LeAnne a few months ago and she said everyone will receive an email with the rank. She said traditionally 50 students are called off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wish we weren't all getting conflicting information. It's stressful being in limbo, especially with applications for next round opening in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I would like to believe tortuga. 50 people is a ton! However, Hope did say at the last interview that the top 30 have the best chance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think someone should just call and ask, lol! I would but I have already pestered them too often... :(

I have pestered them too! That's why I don't want to call again. I was in the first interview so this has been killing me since October.

My information from Hope was from an email conversation I had with her today.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Gosh, this is frustrating not knowing a date and hearing all of these different things.

I emailed both Hope and Tricia. Tricia said this week waitlist will be ranked and we'll be notified. Hope said Mid-May it will ranked, and only top 30 will be notified. We will not be told which position in top 30, just that you are in the top. Those not in top 30 will remain on waitlist, unranked.

:nailbiting::nailbiting:

I emailed both Hope and Tricia. Tricia said this week waitlist will be ranked and we'll be notified. Hope said Mid-May it will ranked, and only top 30 will be notified. We will not be told which position in top 30, just that you are in the top. Those not in top 30 will remain on waitlist, unranked.

:nailbiting::nailbiting:
Well, thanks for contacting them for all of us haha! Its a shame that it's still conflicting info though. Does anyone know what the last interview date was? If it was pretty recent I'm really not sure if the Waitlist will be ranked this week. Seems like Hope's info is more realistic.

I heard they are meeting tomorrow (Friday) to begin ranking the waitlist. They will only notify the top 30 at first (by mid-May). Last year, they made about 50 offers off the waitlist but I don't know how many of those offers were before the official ranking (it looks like at least one person got a call last week, for example).

They really want to see all applicants succeed so don't hesitate to ask them about feedback. Good luck to everyone!

So I talked to Hope today too and she said that YES they are meeting today (Friday) to begin ranking and late NEXT WEEK (early May) we will be notified if we are top 30. Next week they might also send out an email to ALL waitlisted applicants but only the top 30 will be notified that they're top 30.

Last edited:
So I talked to Hope today too and she said that YES they are meeting today (Friday) to begin ranking and late NEXT WEEK (early May) we will be notified if we are top 30. Next week they might also send out an email to ALL waitlisted applicants but only the top 30 will be notified that they're top 30.
Do you know how they are going to rank everyone? Like are the going to review the whole file, or just go by numbers (GPA, MCAT, etc).

Do you know how they are going to rank everyone? Like are the going to review the whole file, or just go by numbers (GPA, MCAT, etc).

No idea. You should call them and ask! Let me know :)

Last edited:
I doubt it is only stats that determines the ranking. Some schools "score" an application based off of the whole file including extracurriculars, LORs, and interview performance.
That makes more sense, considering they are meeting to rank haha

Hello to my future colleagues. I may have mentioned it before, but if you don't get in this application cycle, try again; using the knowledge gained from the experience to further strengthen your application in areas where there may be weaknesses. Overall, it took me 3 times to get in (2 times waitlisted at The University of Arizona before getting accepted here at PNWU). If you want it bad enough, it will happen; as this school is good at seeing determination and enthusiasm in its candidates.

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
The majority of us are waiting to hear what our rank is on the waitlist at PNWU. I guess worst case scenario is that we are low-ranked, or not in the top 30 on the ranking. Hope said the top 30 have a very good chance of acceptance off the waitlist. Do you think chances of acceptance are next to nothing if someone on the waitlist isn't ranked in the top 30?
There is still a high chance. Not all of the top 30 are going to take the acceptance offer. They usually make 50-60 calls for those 30 spots so if you start at 40 and are not initially ranked you have a great chance. If you look at last year's thread multiple people did not start in top 30 and gained admittance.

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
Let us hope tomorrow or Friday is the day.

I'm getting so antsy. It's making me go crazy.
I know its hard, but just try to distract yourself... I know my MCAT score is my weak point so I'm studying for a retake.. This helps keep my mind off the waitlist..

Last edited:
I know its hard, but just try to distract yourself... I know my MCAT score is my weak point so I'm studying for a retake.. This helps keep my mind off the waitlist..
When are you retaking? I am studying for a retake as well. Do you think july 9 or 22 is too late?

When are you retaking? I am studying for a retake as well. Do you think july 9 or 22 is too late?
I'm taking the test in June. The results come out end of July. I heard they have accepted student at the start of classes, so if I do better, I might be able to use it as an update, but chances are still slim due to the time frame. We should be alright for the next cycle if it comes down to it...

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist?

Last edited:
Someone asked at the last interview. We were told that info isn't available.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was told that there were 100 students for waitlist by one person in admissions and then an unknown number by another person in admissions. So its hard to say. I think this school likes to really hedge their bets by having a larger number than needed or by setting a deadline ahead and coming in early.

I was told that there were 100 students for waitlist by one person in admissions and then an unknown number by another person in admissions. So its hard to say. I think this school likes to really hedge their bets by having a larger number than needed or by setting a deadline ahead and coming in early.

Last edited:
Just spoke with them. They're sending an email out explaining the waitlist rankings are delayed and will be out mid-late next week instead.

Good luck to everyone this week! Also, can anyone comment on this question..If an individual already has an mcat score, and you submit in mid June, will your application be considered complete at a medical school after filling out their secondary and having a retake for the mcat in July, or will they wait until the new mcat to make it complete? Thanks!

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone this week! Also, can anyone comment on this question..If an individual already has an mcat score, and you submit in mid June, will your application be considered complete at a medical school after filling out their secondary and having a retake for the mcat in July, or will they wait until the new mcat to make it complete? Thanks!

Yes, if there is any mcat on file along with the other requirements the computer sees it as complete. You can fill in that you have a planned mcat as well. I submitted my application on the first day it opened, and I got conformation from PNWU in July stating they had all my materials. My secondary was submitted in early August, and I was invited for an interview the first week in September (and picked the first date available - October) . I hope this timeline helps you!! Good luck!!

Hey guys! I got an email today letting me know that I was top 20 waitlisted. Does anybody know how many people usually get off the waitlist here?

Hey guys! I got an email today letting me know that I was top 20 waitlisted. Does anybody know how many people usually get off the waitlist here?
Congrats!! You'll likely get in, not everyone on the wait list accepts. Looks like I didn't make the top 20 since I didn't get an email today, but that's okay I just got accepted somewhere else this morning and I couldn't be happier :).

Reactions: 2 users
I thought they ranked the top 30? Did they only do top 20 today since they fell behind?

Last edited: