PennVet c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was on interview waitlist initially (1/16), and then got an offer to interview on 1/23 for Feb 9. GL frends!!

Reactions: 1 user
any updates for acceptances and/or rejections? they've always let applicants know within the week in the past :/

Members don't see this ad :)
any updates for acceptances and/or rejections? they've always let applicants know within the week in the past :/

Nothing here :/ I’m starting to think it won’t be until after all interviews are done. I hope I’m wrong though!

I heard they’re releasing decisions all together once interviews are done

Current pennvet students- I’m an undergrad at Penn and work in the vet school

Gotcha! Gonna be a long month of waiting lol. I kind of wish I got a later interview date then so I had more time to prepare and less time to wait afterwards but it is what it is

Gotcha! Gonna be a long month of waiting lol. I kind of wish I got a later interview date then so I had more time to prepare and less time to wait afterwards but it is what it is
How would you have prepared in retrospect? Mine is next Friday but unsure how to prepare.

How would you have prepared in retrospect? Mine is next Friday but unsure how to prepare.

They send the prompt the Wednesday before and then I just researched a lot and made lots of notes. So I guess I couldn’t have been more prepared lol. But still less time between the interview and the decision for me to spiral about every little thing I said. Good luck next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think my interview went really well but also this application process is so competitive that i keep worrying i didn’t check some mystery box they were looking for. february 28th quite literally cannot come any sooner

Last edited:
i’m think my interview went really well but also this application process is so competitive that i keep worrying i didn’t check some mystery box they were looking for. february 28th quite literally cannot come any sooner
Me too! I had my interview just today and I was pleased with my interview- I would not change a thing about it! This waiting game is brutal :/

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't. Since interviews are almost over it's unlikely for anyone to get pulled at this point.
You never know! In the pre-interview email, admissions said that they have interviews until mid-feb. So, there's still a possibility!

Is anyone interviewing tomorrow at 10:30a on here? Feel free to message me :) I am working through my thoughts but am nervous!

Are Penns interviews over? If so, do we think we’ll hear back sooner than the 28th as they’ve been pretty quick after interviews ended with sending decisions in past years?

Did anyone else on the waitlist receive this email? Or do we think they’re going to send another wave of interview invites?

Rejected off waitlist. See y'all next year I suppose.

• Care
OOS rejection after being on interview waitlist. Last year i was offered the chance to do an app review but this year they didn’t mention anything in the email

• Care
They said by the 28th... Not hopeful for tomorrow but maybe next week

not yet! I am sure this thread will explode when they start to roll out

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't feel great about my interview so im ready for the worst lol

This wait is BRUTAL!! But hey only at most 1 more week of waiting 🥲

POV: me answering every call with a number not in my contacts because IT COULD BE PENN haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have no idea how to gauge how I did with the interview style... no idea like what they were looking for
I asked them at the interview what they were hoping to assess with this interview style and they said how you communicate/cooperate with others, how you formulate arguments, how you express yourself etc.

I asked them at the interview what they were hoping to assess with this interview style and they said how you communicate/cooperate with others, how you formulate arguments, how you express yourself etc.
Interesting! I'm curious to see if they keep this interview style for next year or not

lol same. Do we think they’re going to call this year or send emails like they did for interviews?
I like emails better so everyone hears at the same time but honestly who knows lol... I assume same as it was in past years but idk if that was call or email

I like emails better so everyone hears at the same time but honestly who knows lol... I assume same as it was in past years but idk if that was call or email

I also like emails better. The last few years I think they called the Monday and Tuesday after the interview and emailed on Wednesday. At least that’s what I understand from reading previous threads. But they also did the entire interview process differently this year so who knows

Yeah, in the past you got a call and an email follow up. We shall see! Less than a week left of waiting. You got this guys!

Yeah, in the past you got a call and an email follow up. We shall see! Less than a week left of waiting. You got this guys!

Do you know if they only called acceptances or did they call if you are rejected or waitlisted?