You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PennVet c/o 2028
Started by SunshineSophie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
catsforever
New Member
any updates for acceptances and/or rejections? they've always let applicants know within the week in the past :/
any updates for acceptances and/or rejections? they've always let applicants know within the week in the past :/
Nothing here :/ I’m starting to think it won’t be until after all interviews are done. I hope I’m wrong though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catmom_rhea
Full Member
I heard they’re releasing decisions all together once interviews are done
I heard they’re releasing decisions all together once interviews are done
Where did you hear that?
catmom_rhea
Full Member
Current pennvet students- I’m an undergrad at Penn and work in the vet schoolWhere did you hear that?
Current pennvet students- I’m an undergrad at Penn and work in the vet school
Gotcha! Gonna be a long month of waiting lol. I kind of wish I got a later interview date then so I had more time to prepare and less time to wait afterwards but it is what it is
catmom_rhea
Full Member
How would you have prepared in retrospect? Mine is next Friday but unsure how to prepare.Gotcha! Gonna be a long month of waiting lol. I kind of wish I got a later interview date then so I had more time to prepare and less time to wait afterwards but it is what it is
How would you have prepared in retrospect? Mine is next Friday but unsure how to prepare.
They send the prompt the Wednesday before and then I just researched a lot and made lots of notes. So I guess I couldn’t have been more prepared lol. But still less time between the interview and the decision for me to spiral about every little thing I said. Good luck next week!
futurevetH02
Full Member
Is next week the last interview? Or is there still another after that?
catsforever
New Member
email says they'll be done with interviews by mid-feb and decisions will be out by 2/28, hoping it comes out earlier thoughIs next week the last interview? Or is there still another after that?
futurevetH02
Full Member
The waiting is gunna be killer now 😆
haileylee7
Full Member
Me too! I had my interview just today and I was pleased with my interview- I would not change a thing about it! This waiting game is brutal :/i’m think my interview went really well but also this application process is so competitive that i keep worrying i didn’t check some mystery box they were looking for. february 28th quite literally cannot come any sooner
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
Has anyone else got pulled out of the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finnderella
Full Member
I honestly thought the interview was kinda fun!Me too! I had my interview just today and I was pleased with my interview- I would not change a thing about it! This waiting game is brutal :/
I haven't. Since interviews are almost over it's unlikely for anyone to get pulled at this point.Has anyone else got pulled out of the waitlist?
haileylee7
Full Member
I thought it was fun too! 🙂I honestly thought the interview was kinda fun!
The topic I had was very thought provoking and led to a very nice discussion. Best of luck everyone!!
catmom_rhea
Full Member
You never know! In the pre-interview email, admissions said that they have interviews until mid-feb. So, there's still a possibility!I haven't. Since interviews are almost over it's unlikely for anyone to get pulled at this point.
ecc_is_for_me
Full Member
Is anyone interviewing tomorrow at 10:30a on here? Feel free to message me 🙂 I am working through my thoughts but am nervous!
Caroline Stickler
New Member
haha I was in that group, not sure if we were in the same zoom but i thought it went well 🙂Is anyone interviewing tomorrow at 10:30a on here? Feel free to message me 🙂 I am working through my thoughts but am nervous!
dpmarenghi
New Member
Are Penns interviews over? If so, do we think we’ll hear back sooner than the 28th as they’ve been pretty quick after interviews ended with sending decisions in past years?
gmiranda164
Full Member
OOS rejection. Was on waitlist for interview
OOS rejection. Was on waitlist for interview
Was it an email you received?
gmiranda164
Full Member
Was it an email you received?
yupp
OOS Rejection
spookyoctopus
Full Member
Did you interview? Or were you on a waitlist?OOS Rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vetgal5293
New Member
Has anyone heard anything?
catsforever
New Member
nope
futurevetH02
Full Member
They said by the 28th... Not hopeful for tomorrow but maybe next week
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
not yet! I am sure this thread will explode when they start to roll out
futurevetH02
Full Member
I really hope we hear this week
opossumfan
Full Member
I didn't feel great about my interview so im ready for the worst lol
futurevetH02
Full Member
I have no idea how to gauge how I did with the interview style... no idea like what they were looking forI didn't feel great about my interview so im ready for the worst lol
futurevetH02
Full Member
Does anyone know if Penn does like an accepted student info/tour day?
futurevetH02
Full Member
I still jump every time I get an email regardless lolThis wait is BRUTAL!! But hey only at most 1 more week of waiting 🥲
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
POV: me answering every call with a number not in my contacts because IT COULD BE PENN haha
I asked them at the interview what they were hoping to assess with this interview style and they said how you communicate/cooperate with others, how you formulate arguments, how you express yourself etc.I have no idea how to gauge how I did with the interview style... no idea like what they were looking for
opossumfan
Full Member
Literally, because ive been answering calls more often im getting flooded with several spams a dayPOV: me answering every call with a number not in my contacts because IT COULD BE PENN haha
futurevetH02
Full Member
Interesting! I'm curious to see if they keep this interview style for next year or notI asked them at the interview what they were hoping to assess with this interview style and they said how you communicate/cooperate with others, how you formulate arguments, how you express yourself etc.
POV: me answering every call with a number not in my contacts because IT COULD BE PENN haha
lol same. Do we think they’re going to call this year or send emails like they did for interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevetH02
Full Member
I like emails better so everyone hears at the same time but honestly who knows lol... I assume same as it was in past years but idk if that was call or emaillol same. Do we think they’re going to call this year or send emails like they did for interviews?
I like emails better so everyone hears at the same time but honestly who knows lol... I assume same as it was in past years but idk if that was call or email
I also like emails better. The last few years I think they called the Monday and Tuesday after the interview and emailed on Wednesday. At least that’s what I understand from reading previous threads. But they also did the entire interview process differently this year so who knows
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
Yeah, in the past you got a call and an email follow up. We shall see! Less than a week left of waiting. You got this guys!
Yeah, in the past you got a call and an email follow up. We shall see! Less than a week left of waiting. You got this guys!
Do you know if they only called acceptances or did they call if you are rejected or waitlisted?
futurevetH02
Full Member
Considering how many people they interview, I'd assume only call acceptances cause that would still be like over 100 phone calls to makeDo you know if they only called acceptances or did they call if you are rejected or waitlisted?