Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. Most likely going to withdraw. Complete 8/3.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now, but will most likely withdraw. Hopefully, it will go to one of you guys! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete since first week of October; for those of you who have just received II's, when were you guys complete?

Complete since first week of October; for those of you who have just received II's, when were you guys complete?

Since 2012, jk lol I was complete the end of July. I thought they forgot about me

When should I assume they won't contact me for an interview?

it's really either or...

Look at their youtube channel, Instagram, any social media. They all pronounce the school's name the same way. Would it be a deal breaker I'm sure not but it doesn't hurt to play the game on interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
Look at their youtube channel, Instagram, any social media. They all pronounce the school's name the same way. Would it be a deal breaker I'm sure not but it doesn't hurt to play the game on interview day.

My friend told me he said P-COM and PEE-SEE-OH-EM.

Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW I shadowed a PCOM graduate and even she pronounced it P-C-O-M.

Haha this is interesting. I grew up 15-20 minutes away and everyone where I'm from calls it P-COM. I've shadowed doctors who graduated from there who also call it P-COM (they were also people born and raised in the area). But all their videos say P-C-O-M.....now I'm wondering if my whole life has been a lie....

Reactions: 3 users
That's such a mouthful.. why would they do that

"Pee-see-oh-em"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
o03Dabx.jpg

That's such a mouthful.. why would they do that

"Pee-see-oh-em"

Know anyone who went to U-CLA? No it's U-C-L-A. As for the recent change in pronunciation, apparently they changed the way they wanted to pronounce it a few years ago when they did their rebranding after they did a survey about what the public thought about the school in Philly. This is what they told us on interview day. They also said it's not a deal breaker if you say P-COM but it would just look good if you did your research before hand. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Know anyone who went to U-CLA? No it's U-C-L-A. As for the recent change in pronunciation, apparently they changed the way they wanted to pronounce it a few years ago when they did their rebranding after they did a survey about what the public thought about the school in Philly. This is what they told us on interview day. They also said it's not a deal breaker if you say P-COM but it would just look good if you did your research before hand. Hope this helps!

Great point about UCLA! I never thought about that. Makes sense though.

Did anyone else get a call about their interview needing to be rescheduled because of the impending snow storm on wed/thurs this week?

Did anyone else get a call about their interview needing to be rescheduled because of the impending snow storm on wed/thurs this week?
yes. it's not an impending snow storm...more like impending snow doom
gotta get the bread and milk!

Haha this is interesting. I grew up 15-20 minutes away and everyone where I'm from calls it P-COM. I've shadowed doctors who graduated from there who also call it P-COM (they were also people born and raised in the area). But all their videos say P-C-O-M.....now I'm wondering if my whole life has been a lie....

I'll end the debate.
"officially" = P-C-O-M (mostly faculty and old people/ i won't bore you with the reasoning because it makes no sense lol)
students = P-COM (I never say P-C-O-M)
what you say during your interview = P-C-O-M.

Reactions: 8 users
yes. it's not an impending snow storm...more like impending snow doom
gotta get the bread and milk!

The snow wasn't that bad in my opinion. But I got an email from them again this afternoon thanking me for coming to the interview. Was this by accident? I'm so confused.

The snow wasn't that bad in my opinion. But I got an email from them again this afternoon thanking me for coming to the interview. Was this by accident? I'm so confused.

I can confirm that they send out post-interview thank-you emails, which I think is kind of them to do!

Wakeup Refresh Email, before leaving my house Refresh Email, at work Refresh Email, Lunch Refresh Email, on my way home, y'all guessed it REFRESH EMAIL! Before i go to Sleep Refresh Email and its always Junk (51) Promotions (39)
Primary (0)

I can confirm that they send out post-interview thank-you emails, which I think is kind of them to do!
Haha yes! It's very nice that they send them. But, I was concerned that they sent me the interview-thank-you email because they cancelled my interview due to the snow on Feb 9. I thought they still held interviews and that I missed mine.

Haha yes! It's very nice that they send them. But, I was concerned that they sent me the interview-thank-you email because they cancelled my interview due to the snow on Feb 9. I thought they still held interviews and that I missed mine.
The entire campus was closed except for evening classes, so you def didnt miss anything :)

I'm a bit late on the update, but I was accepted the week of 01/23 on the Philadelphia Campus!

Reactions: 7 users
Put on post interview waitlist today. Anyone known what the waitlist movement is like at this school.

Delayed decision
I got my letter that I'm also on hold yesterday. What is the difference between being "on hold" and "waitlisted" at this school? I read last year's thread and saw that people have gone from being on hold to the waitlist, but not completely sure what the difference is...?

also received delayed decision letter yesterday...... I would also like to know what this means and how it is different from the waitlist? does anyone know how many people go from delayed decision -> acceptance?

EDIT: I emailed PCOM to find out what the difference is. The email said that a delayed decision means that a decision has not been made. The wait list is for someone who is accepted but no more seats are available. I am still a bit confused about WHY someone is given a delayed decision rather than a decision at this time? Any insight appreciated! This is my top choice :(

Last edited:
also received delayed decision letter yesterday...... I would also like to know what this means and how it is different from the waitlist? does anyone know how many people go from delayed decision -> acceptance?

EDIT: I emailed PCOM to find out what the difference is. The email said that a delayed decision means that a decision has not been made. The wait list is for someone who is accepted but no more seats are available. I am still a bit confused about WHY someone is given a delayed decision rather than a decision at this time? Any insight appreciated! This is my top choice :(
When was your interview?

Thank you for emailing them, I was really curious. I wonder if this means we'll have a chance to be considered again before the spots fill up, or if the best we can hope for now is a spot on the waitlist. I'm really disappointed too

did anyone's delayed decision letter state a specific date you would hear back or did it just say well before start of classes?

How'd it go?!

It went great! Everyone was super friendly and open, med students passed by the room where we were waiting to interview and haves us smiles, waves, and thumbs up. Very established school with great campus and resources. Overall a very positive experience! :)

got a delayed decision letter ... that says decision letters will be mailed on a ongoing basis no later than April 26th. I interviewed Jan 18th.

Also interviewed with 1/18 and delayed decision. Curious why so many delayed decisions.

Also interviewed with 1/18 and delayed decision. Curious why so many delayed decisions.

+1 regarding the delayed decision. I think there are so many because they are nearing capacity of the class and want to step back, look at the last few months of interviewees and offer acceptances to only the best of us. The rest could be waitlisted then possibly pulled off the waitlist once people take other acceptances. This is all speculation of course.

+1 regarding the delayed decision. I think there are so many because they are nearing capacity of the class and want to step back, look at the last few months of interviewees and offer acceptances to only the best of us. The rest could be waitlisted then possibly pulled off the waitlist once people take other acceptances. This is all speculation of course.

Do you think pretty much everyone was given a delayed decision? Or were some people also accepted or rejected at this point??

Do you think pretty much everyone was given a delayed decision? Or were some people also accepted or rejected at this point??
Interviewed 18th, also given a delayed decision.

Interviewed Jan 12th and haven't heard anything...

I've only heard of one person getting accepted outright back from a mid January interview. This makes me think that almost all of us have been put on delayed decision status until most of the interviews are over so they can get a good look at the rest of the applicant pool.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is accurate but it just seems to be the trend!