-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pikeville-SOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by gatewasani
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they only interview the first Friday of every month. I think the second interview session is coming up on the 5th, so I doubt the class is even 1/4 full yet.
I believe you are correct. I know that the next round of interviews are indeed this Friday (Nov. 5th).
How did the interviews go for everyone yesterday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite for December 4th! I feel like I have been waiting forever! WUHOOOO!🙂
When were you complete?
(I think we might have a mutual friend in pharmacy school--if you went to WKU. ha)
When were you complete?
(I think we might have a mutual friend in pharmacy school--if you went to WKU. ha)
I was complete on October 6th. My hometown falls under the rural areas that they like, so that was a plus for me.
I do go to WKU. You must be her dog park friend!
Haha, yep! Congrats-good luck!
I was complete on the 6th too..but she emailed me on the 14th about my new MCAT. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.
I was complete on the 6th too..but she emailed me on the 14th about my new MCAT. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.
How did you hear about the interview invite? Did it come this evening?
I got an email. It came around 5:00 this evening.
Meeeeee tooooo!
1
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't seem to get a hold of anyone in the addmissions office. I got my hopes up of getting an invite this week-I think they are only sent one day, once a month, for the one day/month of interviews they do.
Getting a hold of someone in admissions is pretty much impossible. I have literally called Angel's number at least once a day for the last month. I don't leave a voicemail every time (I've left six) and two emails. She hasn't gotten back to me. I was so frustrated I called the Dean yesterday... He was very nice and helpful and transferred me to student affairs (apparently admissions reports to them). The lady I spoke with said she would definitely have Angel contact me via email yesterday regarding my application... well yesterday came and went and I never received a response. Left another voicemail today... nothing. I'm just trying to find out what's going on w/my application. I understand Angel is the only person that works in admissions, but I never even received a "complete" email - just the one that said my application was acknowledged and downloaded by admissions staff a month ago and my webportal just says application sent, received, and confirmed. I'm so disappointed because I really do like this school, but apparently it's not mutual haha. Oh well, maybe next month 😕
I've had trouble getting ahold of the admissions department too. I'm assuming yesterday's invites filled the December interview and the next possible one isn't until January. Wonder how full the class is by then? I would guess it's going to start filling up by the January interview but there should still be some room hopefully.
Getting a hold of someone in admissions is pretty much impossible. I have literally called Angel's number at least once a day for the last month. I don't leave a voicemail every time (I've left six) and two emails. She hasn't gotten back to me. I was so frustrated I called the Dean yesterday... He was very nice and helpful and transferred me to student affairs (apparently admissions reports to them). The lady I spoke with said she would definitely have Angel contact me via email yesterday regarding my application... well yesterday came and went and I never received a response. Left another voicemail today... nothing. I'm just trying to find out what's going on w/my application. I understand Angel is the only person that works in admissions, but I never even received a "complete" email - just the one that said my application was acknowledged and downloaded by admissions staff a month ago and my webportal just says application sent, received, and confirmed. I'm so disappointed because I really do like this school, but apparently it's not mutual haha. Oh well, maybe next month 😕
I'm in the same exact situation as you and there is no hope with contacting admissions I feel like. I've almost gave up on this school.
I have heard that they accept a steady number throughout March or April. Angel is the only person to deal with 600+ applicants' questions, and as neurotic as I know I am, bless her lol. I would keep trying. I had really good luck calling early in the am before 9:30. That was about the only time I could get through. Keep trying!
1
Last edited:
I called student affairs again today and they said that Angel is out of the office until Monday with an emergency. So she definitely won't be getting back to anyone this week. But if you still have trouble getting a hold of her next week you might want to call student affairs instead because you at least get to speak to a REAL person instead of a machine. Her name is Carolyn, she's very helpful - (606)218-5400
Has anyone been able to get ahold of admissions since she returned this week?
I called admissions again today and Angel answered the phone!!! Wooo! First time I was actually able to get a hold of her. I called around 3:15 pm, however I've tried that time other days and she hadn't answered. She said a "complete" email was sent to me 11/2, but to the wrong email address so I never got it. Now that I know I'm complete, hopefully I'll hear something next month about a January interview 😕 Good luck getting a hold of her to everyone else that's trying!!
I called admissions again today and Angel answered the phone!!! Wooo! First time I was actually able to get a hold of her. I called around 3:15 pm, however I've tried that time other days and she hadn't answered. She said a "complete" email was sent to me 11/2, but to the wrong email address so I never got it. Now that I know I'm complete, hopefully I'll hear something next month about a January interview 😕 Good luck getting a hold of her to everyone else that's trying!!
I got in touch with her too via email and she said I also recieved a complete email (which I never actually did). I feel like they forgot to send those emails so they're just telling us they sent them out but we didn't get them lol.
I got in touch with her too via email and she said I also recieved a complete email (which I never actually did). I feel like they forgot to send those emails so they're just telling us they sent them out but we didn't get them lol.
I sent my secondary October 9th and got a received email two or three days later, but as far as a complete email I didnt get one until November 5th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finally got the acceptance call i have been waiting my whole life on. Talk about the best feeling in the world!!! I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you later on. You will fall in love with the place at the interview, i promise. Please do not let the problems with admissions cause you to not take a look at the school. It really is a special place like, good luck everyone!!!
congrats =) .
Hi Everyone, I received an email on 10/26 stating my application has been downloaded by admissions staff and I haven't heard anything since. So hopefully I'll get an email for the January interview session because wouldn't it be a bit too late for the December interviews?
Everyone excited/nervous?
Interview invites next week right? Nervousss.
Good luck to those interviewing today.
Think the next interview invites will come out Monday? The last ones came out the Monday after the interview correct?
I sure hope so lol
Anyone hear on January interviews today?
Nothing here yet....lol
1
Last edited:
Congrats guys. I didn't get a call 🙁
1
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First I would like to say congrats to those whom have already been granted acceptance! Enjoy your last 8 or so months of freedom....trust me. To those who are still waiting...don't give up, you've spent your whole life working towards it, never give up.
I also wanted to put out another note just saying that anyone with any type of questions can feel free to direct them in my direction. I'm an OMS-1 that's just about to wrap up his first semester here at PCSOM......is it Christmas break yet?
I also wanted to put out another note just saying that anyone with any type of questions can feel free to direct them in my direction. I'm an OMS-1 that's just about to wrap up his first semester here at PCSOM......is it Christmas break yet?
EMTK,
I'm still one of the anxiously awaiting applicants this year, but I was wondering if you could tell me what the first year schedule looks like roughly. I've found the course listing for the first year, but not a rough schedule and it seems like almost every college schedules differently.
Doesn't have to be down to the detail on which class is at what time, but I'm just curious about what a normal day looks like.
I'm still one of the anxiously awaiting applicants this year, but I was wondering if you could tell me what the first year schedule looks like roughly. I've found the course listing for the first year, but not a rough schedule and it seems like almost every college schedules differently.
Doesn't have to be down to the detail on which class is at what time, but I'm just curious about what a normal day looks like.
1
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 97
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 40K