Post-Apocalyptic WWorld of Pokemon - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kcough?!

Members don't see this ad.

STB - you also weren't meant to die that night. I really was sad about that. A change was made last minute and I didn't see it until trilt had already posted "night closed" and I didn't think I could change the action back at that point.
Ha, it's okay. I had already foretold my death to the mods that night after MJ finally answered me that you were on the "definite villager" list because he was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I immediately thought :eek: "Oh crap, I just told her my role. Bet she's a wolf. I'm as good as dead. :dead:" After I died it became so clear that you definitely were a wolf the more I looked at it so my image to MJ was implicating you as a wolf. Unfortunately, he died before he could share the pic with anyone (Not sure if he even received it).

I was half hoping that STL saying I was a wolf would save me for another night but no luck. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the game trilt. Your games are pretty interesting, but you need to pay attention as a player, and if you don't know the genre should do some heavy wiki-ing for research. Sadly I think I fell down here, and ironically just when I got killed I was about to re read the thread and figure out what was happening. Killing me probably saved myself from getting myself lynched anyway.

It certainly pays to be a wolf in a Pokemon game it seems.

Too bad I didn't know DVmd's role. I could have fed her all the items I received and flooded the game with them.

Reactions: 1 user
GO WOLVES!

Thanks for the game, mods! There were definitely a couple of hiccups but I thought that it was really fun and well put together overall.

tumblr_nodv3l6Zl41utwaqno1_500.gif

Most Helpful Player - @Zensing
I knew this was going to be fabulous when the first couple words out of Aloha - Ash Ketchum! - were: "What's a poke ball?"
Zensing was great at getting her caught up I think. :laugh:

fVyYx4f.gif

MVP - @SummerTheLynx
He pretty much made half my built-in mechanics and hints for the wolves obsolete and just beasted out a wolf spreadsheet. I've told the dead already, but I've never - ever - seen a group of villagers so ridiculously infiltrated so quickly. Knowledge was power in this game, and daaammmnn.

giphy.gif

Best "OH SNAP" Moment and Honorary Chaos Member - @PrincessButterCup
PBC used her two nights with a messenger role to 1) exclude a lone wolf being in the game, and 2) figure out LIS was the remaining chaos player. We (the mods) about died when he responded to your message and were dying trying to figure out why you were sitting on the info. :p

ebiiu4xvaz14vmp59xr8.gif

Best Conspiracy Theories Mechanism Guesses - @BrownSwissCows
Half the fun of modding is hearing what people come up with about your game. Some of the theories BS came up with were a little crazy, but many, many of them were correct (or at least got to the correct place).

giphy.gif

Best Exasperated Trolling - @Flim Flam Man
If you're going to go down because people aren't thinking, you may as well go down with style. I was dying laughing.

tumblr_mjm0bk3Nf21rjnki9o1_500.gif

Most Heartbreaking (to me) Death, and Best Dead Town Mayor - @WildZoo
WildZoo was my favourite role in the game, and I had such beautiful plans for her chaos (surprise!)... and then you all killed her immediately. Trilt cried. WZ settled in nicely to her spot in the dead chat, though. :D

tumblr_ly2bjpEnu21qd87hlo1_500.gif

Best Creative Moment - @Kam325
Poppikachu-corn might legitimately go down as my favourite thing from this game. I also may have almost cried while doing that write-up... who kills pikachu like that?! (In their defense, the wolves didn't know who she was...)

giphy.gif

Best Sport - @LetItSnow
Being a chaotic character dropped into the wolf chat could have pretty horrendous consequences. LIS played it in total Chaos style and I really appreciate him being super reasonable through that ridiculousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
also would like to point out how difficult it is to keep a villager persona when basically all contacts become converted wolves with me. I felt like I was playing ashgirl semi-well, then she auto-converted to wolf...

Still rolling my eyes at you guys not connecting St. Louis, whose airport code and general abbreviation is STL, meant STL was the gas thing.

Anyway, thanks for the game, Trilt and co-mods. :)

Reactions: 5 users
also would like to point out how difficult it is to keep a villager persona when basically all contacts become converted wolves with me. I felt like I was playing ashgirl semi-well, then she auto-converted to wolf...
I understand this! As soon as I opened a line of communication with someone, we'd find something out and we'd have to kill them. The only person I talked to that didn't die was html. I kept thinking, some has got to notice that every time I talk to someone, they die. I think this cat really did have 9 lives.

Deva - sorry we had to kill you N1. You were sandwiched between Rojo and I, and we couldn't keep you around since if you had an investigation ability, you would have surely looked into one of us right away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still rolling my eyes at you guys not connecting St. Louis, whose airport code and general abbreviation is STL, meant STL was the gas thing.

Anyway, thanks for the game, Trilt and co-mods. :)
I don't think I ever even saw the picture showing this. I also didn't see the gyrados one.

I don't think I ever even saw the picture showing this. I also didn't see the gyrados one.
Someone (rocky?) straight up called it out on the thread "Someone from St. Louis is a wolf?" WZ was losing it in the dead-thread.

Also, thanks for throwing me under the bus wolves :p super sweet of you...

Reactions: 1 users
I told someone I'd say how many messages I ended up with during this game... 6633.
I think I had >2000 day 3, so you guys really tapered off, actually!

Spreadsheet link - it starts getting messier near the end, but almost everything is in there!
Including all the roles of pokemon who didn't manage to evolve.

More thoughts in a little bit. For people who just want the tl;dr version:
  • Wolves screwed up the first half
  • Villagers stopped paying attention? the second
  • Ya'll killed my favourite character in the game day 2. e.e
  • This whole game was a mess - but hopefully an enjoyable mess! :D

Someone (rocky?) straight up called it out on the thread "Someone from St. Louis is a wolf?" WZ was losing it in the dead-thread.

I wanted to forget that :p I realized like days later that it was St. Louis as in the abbreviation, STL! But I mean it was smart of the person who did it, because you still could have connected St. Louis to Mizzou!

I told someone I'd say how many messages I ended up with during this game... 6633.
I think I had >2000 day 3, so you guys really tapered off, actually!

Spreadsheet link - it starts getting messier near the end, but almost everything is in there!
Including all the roles of pokemon who didn't manage to evolve.

More thoughts in a little bit. For people who just want the tl;dr version:
  • Wolves screwed up the first half
  • Villagers stopped paying attention? the second
  • Ya'll killed my favourite character in the game day 2. e.e
  • This whole game was a mess - but hopefully an enjoyable mess! :D
Wow the Day 5 lynch tally... every other vote on the board that wasn't for me was for a wolf. Let that be a lesson! (and thanks Romo and Hazel for not voting for me :) )

FAQ:
Wtf was up with that black and purple cloud?
Most of you know this, but... that was the dead pokemon, headed by WZ as major! Until there were <10 players in the game, they could vote every night to alternatively block or protect a player in the game. Additionally, dead wolves had the ability to block one of the chats' actions each, and dead chaos players could reverse the action (so block > protect, vice versa). Props to @Jilary for figuring it out before dying!

How did pokemon evolve?
The levels for each pokemons' evolution was predetermined, and then voting in lynches allowed people to level up. If you voted for a wolf, you got a small bonus - and owned pokemon got the same boost after capture, as a play on the idea that owned pokemon grow faster/stronger. This caused a lot of people to think that being caught led them to evolving, when it was actually just coincidental, ha.

Otherwise, pokemon who evolved by stone needed to find their stone, and the Town Map was the item necessary for those who evolved by trading. It never ever got used. :( Beyond that, there were just a couple other weird ones... Magikarp needed to be lynched/killed, Chansey would evolve if Nurse Joy died, Eevee would have gone to Espeon if she protected Gary successfully.

Props to @Ashgirl for guessing the leveling mechanism a couple days in as she struggled hardcore to evolve.

Design Thoughts:

The idea of this game was to have a lot of fairly weak wolves, lots of converts, and a tooooon of well-powered villagers. This was in contrast to the Rick & Morty game, where I had a small number of wolves who were mostly pretty strong... in that game, I saw the villagers get frustrated at long stretches of unsuccessful lynches and villager after villager death, and my thought was that in this one villagers would constantly be delivered wolves, but that the wolves would have the numbers to support it.

With that said, this game was definitely not kind to the original wolves. The amount of seers in this game was borderline absurd, in addition to other general information gathering roles. Huge chunks of the players were pretty much cleared by their roles, and lots of them could communicate freely. I expected the original wolves to come under fire fairly quickly and definitely not make it to end game - the converts were the important ones in this case.

One of the most amusing things I had planned that definitely never played out was Chaos. In this game, chaos' win condition was to arrange the deaths of all humans and wolves in the game. It was LetitSnow as Mewtwo (who had seering, protecting, blocking ability) and WZ as the true power player, Porygon (who could change peoples' affiliation seering). The way I imagined this playing out was that the chaos characters would slowly start changing any humans they find to seer as wolves. When the villagers managed to kill meowth/persian, they would learn that there was at least one human convert. However, the humans in this game are fairly important - ask-a-mod, healer, the main pokemon trainers, etc... I think villagers would decide to seer first before just lynching. And then the wolves would not want to kill humans at that point because they were camouflaging their convert. So then when the villagers started seering the humans and they come up falsely as wolves, it would have been hilarious and amazingly chaotic.

But then Porygon died n2 and all my scheming was for naught. :(

Otherwise...
I didn't expect the wolves to actually capture Mewtwo as chaos in this game. It was a mechanism I left open because the idea amused me a lot, but actually ended up causing me a lot of grief (as you guys saw on the thread, lol). Once again, I really appreciate @LetItSnow being such a good sport about such an awkward situation, and I hope it was at least a little bit? amusing in retrospect for the wolves. I think it would have been amazing to see you guys work together but the way it played out was still also pretty memorable.

I was super surprised the MissingNo. role didn't ever draw any fire. When seered, she caused her results to gl1tch a_ littl*e, and even though the wolves noticed this, they just thought I suddenly had a bunch of typos haha. I think STB? also seered her and must have also thought I just can't type. :laugh:

Slowpoke role was given to FFM because he was the last person to sign up. MJ got an inconvertible role because I've talked to him (as a villager) when he was a converted wolf during the last two games and that **** needs to stop. :p Rocky was a rock type totally by RNG...

There were a couple pokemon quirks that I worked into the game. For example... haunter couldn't have been killed by shotgun, sudowoodo didn't get hurt by scratches. Little things like that. But I tried to otherwise stay away from types making too big of a difference because I thought it might get frustrating for players.

I think this is most of my thoughts. I'm happy to answer any other questions if people have them!

Last edited:

I saw that, but I didn't know what it was in reference to, so I ignored it.

I was super surprised the MissingNo. role didn't ever draw any fire. When seered, she caused her results to gl1tch a_ littl*e, and even though the wolves noticed this, they just thought I suddenly had a bunch of typos haha. I think STB? also seered her and must have also thought I just can't type. :laugh:
Wasn't me. :shrug: Although, if I had I probably would have just thought you had trouble with the keyboard :laugh:

I apologize greatly for this! It really was nothing against you, but you had a dangerous role, and one that we could very easily throw under the bus and not necessarily have it link back to us (was hoping MJ would go down the next day for it, which didn't quite work out, but meh...)

I wanted to forget that :p I realized like days later that it was St. Louis as in the abbreviation, STL! But I mean it was smart of the person who did it, because you still could have connected St. Louis to Mizzou!
Just about when that was said was when BI started yelling at me lol. That's when she started switching back and forth between being 100% convinced I was a villager and working with me and being 100% convinced I was a wolf and yelling at me. Made for a fun rollercoaster ride lol

Ironically, I always pick bulbasaur as my started Pokemon :laugh: Ashgirl, how could you!! I LOVED YOU

But really. Great game mods!! I loved it!
Can I just say I threw a FIT when I found out I was autoconverted. I was not at all excited to betray everyone, I promise! :p

Just about when that was said was when BI started yelling at me lol. That's when she started switching back and forth between being 100% convinced I was a villager and working with me and being 100% convinced I was a wolf and yelling at me. Made for a fun rollercoaster ride lol
So sneaky! So evil!!

Thanks for the game trilt. Your games are pretty interesting, but you need to pay attention as a player, and if you don't know the genre should do some heavy wiki-ing for research. Sadly I think I fell down here, and ironically just when I got killed I was about to re read the thread and figure out what was happening. Killing me probably saved myself from getting myself lynched anyway.

It certainly pays to be a wolf in a Pokemon game it seems.

Too bad I didn't know DVmd's role. I could have fed her all the items I received and flooded the game with them.
It's funny you say that, because the item duplication part of her role was actually meant as a handicap. With all the seering and info roles in the game, I didn't want a new item every night entering the game. So when DVMD got an item by RNG, she couldn't make a new item that night, and the dupe pretty much functioned exactly the same as sending the item to someone else (just she also kept a copy). Considering the vast majority of items in this game were useless to her (as a non-evolving, non-human player) the duping was fairly benign.

And yeah, I do think people need to pay attention in my games. I think going forward I'm going to design more in the 20-25 player range and really make sure everyone who signs up is willing to put in some time for it. It really frustrates me a lot when people just kind of skim by. (and this is not directed at anyone in particular, I know real life was really busy for oodles of ya the last couple days!)

Wow the Day 5 lynch tally... every other vote on the board that wasn't for me was for a wolf. Let that be a lesson! (and thanks Romo and Hazel for not voting for me :) )

Meh. I'd lynch you all over again based on what information I had at the time--which wasn't much. No regrets.

I do however, regret not attempting to rez you. I strongly considered it but I had no idea if you died with the affiliation of who you were mimicking (turns out you did) and I couldn't decide whether it was safe to assume that you were a real villager.

I also regret not attempting to rez PBC... if only I had known that I was going to die.

Meh. I'd lynch you all over again based on what information I had at the time--which wasn't much. No regrets.

I do however, regret not attempting to rez you. I strongly considered it but I had no idea if you died with the affiliation of who you were mimicking (turns out you did) and I couldn't decide whether it was safe to assume that you were a real villager.

I also regret not attempting to rez PBC... if only I had known that I was going to die.
yeah but that was planning on my part. you didnt rez her and we suspected you could rez. So we decided to kill you that night

I was laughing a little with your frustration about people not believing you were a villager... you absolutely were mimicking everything from MJ, not just his ability. Your role was a little chaotic, as any time throughout the game when you had picked up someone's role you would have seered (role/ability/affiliation all included) as them. The wolves just got lucky that they seered you on a night that you tried and failed to mimic a human, so they actually got your "true" results as ditto.

As a couple of final asides, I had to come up with my damn cover role about 1 hour into the game. BI accidentally looked at my phone and saw me researching smokescreen and started asking me about why I was searching that. Came up with horsea on the fly and had to keep going with that the rest of the game.

Also, for being unseeable and untrackable, I feel like everyone in this game could both seer and track me...

At the end of this all, the only objection I have with the game is that the wolves weren't able to make a separate chat when we realized chaos was in our chat. LIS actually played it really well saying that he couldn't keep track of the, at that point, 19 pages of wolf chat, and wanted his results separately. What tipped our hat was Trilt's refusal to post them in the wolf chat as well, after ignoring us asking several times. We most likely would have worked with him if we could have discussed it as a group separately, it's just a major liability, which Trilt agreed on, having a chaos in the chat that can see everything the wolves are doing that night.

Two apologies: wolves, I am sorry I changed your night actions last second. I intentionally did it right at 12:00 so LIS couldn't change his actions. Someone who I thought was a viable source told me the orbs were from LIS backing, which would have meant he had blocked the wolves the night before. I was just trying to ensure the 3 night kill night to go through, and also knew that STB 1000% needed to go before brownswisscow, who was in ashgirls pocket.

And finally LIS, I was told by I thought a good source that you were the one who could block with the orbs (and not the dead), so I apologize for my game play there. It seemed like you weren't working with the wolves, and it seemed really sketch that trilt wouldn't post the results with ours, even as chaos (if you were doing what we had agreed on). I figured you were trying to slow the game down so the human wolves would die, which was half of our wolves at that point. But really, I am sorry for what I did....

Also, for being unseeable and untrackable, I feel like everyone in this game could both seer and track me...
It seemed reasonable to me for a psychic type to see through your poison cloud for role seering, and you were blocked the time you were tracked. Wouldn't have worked otherwise. ;)

Great time, thanks Trilt!

Sorry for the frame-job, Kcough....we'd found out the night before that I'd already been seered (red hair, bare skin) and identified as Jessie, and that STB and Allie were planning to come forward with it on the thread that day. Knew I wouldn't have a shot in hell of surviving that lynch unless something really distracting (to the point of being pretty much un-ignorable) happened. I was definitely going down anyway that day or the next, so I figured I would try to take down an extra villager with me. Original wolves were doing a lot of damage control at the beginning of the game.

And @Mad Jack, this was from me, not Kcough. :p

Ax77mDm.gif

Last edited:
It seemed reasonable to me for a psychic type to see through your poison cloud for role seering, and you were blocked the time you were tracked. Wouldn't have worked otherwise. ;)
What role ability did STB get that made MJ trust me so much? Me and BI (after death) had 0 ideas on what it could be. He said I was "95% a villager"

What role ability did STB get that made MJ trust me so much? Me and BI (after death) had 0 ideas on what it could be. He said I was "95% a villager"
hahahaha I have no ****ing clue where MJ made that list up from. I think I mildly accused him of playing chaos to WZ at one point.

Oh, and apparently I was a goner as soon as I had to use my role cover on the thread----wolves, Rocky had spied on our convo early in the game and had overheard me explaining my role cover plans. STL, that spied on convo is how it got out that SOV was Zigzagoon, if you were still wondering.

Oh, and apparently I was a goner as soon as I had to use my role cover on the thread----wolves, Rocky had spied on our convo early in the game and had overheard me explaining my role cover plans. STL, that spied on convo is how it got out that SOV was Zigzagoon, if you were still wondering.
BI told me after the fact lol. I was so confused how it got narrowed down to me and its association with SoV. I was slightly fuming that the originals had made another fire to put out lol.

hahahaha I have no ****ing clue where MJ made that list up from. I think I mildly accused him of playing chaos to WZ at one point.
So now that I know STB didn't seer me, would she have gotten accurate results from seer ing me too :p (as a psychic Pokemon)

I apologize greatly for this! It really was nothing against you, but you had a dangerous role, and one that we could very easily throw under the bus and not necessarily have it link back to us (was hoping MJ would go down the next day for it, which didn't quite work out, but meh...)
Yeah, you guys figured out the mimicking affiliation bit after death - I had no idea I would mimic affiliation as well (I also find that a bit sketch, just because Ditto mimics the Pokemon they're battling doesn't mean they suddenly start playing for the other team, so I thought there was no way I'd mimic affiliation as well as ability, but it didn't end up mattering). So smart move targeting me, glad it still lead to a wolf death. Wish you would've converted me instead though :p

Yeah like I said, I didn't even know I was mimicking affiliations as well, that definitely could have been to my detriment later. And I get it, but why in the world @allieh8607 (who supposedly had dirt on Kam) didn't come out with it before my death and why the bloody hands Jilary picture was completely ignored at the same time just drove me up the wall (especially because it took so long to get back on Jilary).

I was laughing a little with your frustration about people not believing you were a villager... you absolutely were mimicking everything from MJ, not just his ability. Your role was a little chaotic, as any time throughout the game when you had picked up someone's role you would have seered (role/ability/affiliation all included) as them. The wolves just got lucky that they seered you on a night that you tried and failed to mimic a human, so they actually got your "true" results as ditto.
Half my nights were me failing to mimic, got super sad I wasn't able to do more with it after dying so early. I could have been a huge help to the chaos players, would've been able to find the humans :p

25% wolf-to-villager ratio is harsh, holy ****ing hell.
My feels were wrong. They have been recalibrated. STL is now always a wolf.

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah, when Rocky shared the convo, I basically figured out that it was STL, and I kept trying to get people to vote for him after that, but no one seemed to think it was good enough info until LIS outed him.

Great time, thanks Trilt!

Sorry for the frame-job, Kcough....we'd found out the night before that I'd already been seered (red hair, bare skin) and identified as Jessie, and that STB and Allie were planning to come forward with it on the thread that day. Knew I wouldn't have a shot in hell unless something really distracting (to the point of being pretty much un-ignorable) happened. I was definitely going down anyway that day or the next, so I figured I would try to take down an extra villager with me. Original wolves were doing a lot of damage control at the beginning of the game.

And @Mad Jack, this was from me, not Kcough. :p

Ax77mDm.gif
I was sooooo mad at you. I actually was pretty convinced that someone else had fed you the info and you were actually a innocent pawn in the whole thing... until you said it was mod-given info. Then I threw up my hands in defeat.

And @Mad Jack mine was the beautiful picture of the wolves desecrating my grave...

Reactions: 2 users
Nah, seems pretty crappy to ability seer the ability to not be seered. lol. I'm not that mean!
What I thought had happened was STB severed the ability to avoid "night actions" or "most night actions" which would have matched with what I was claiming with "surviving" night 2. That's the only thing I could fathom behind it lol