Reverse WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the tallies, you were kind of left off of them altogether for some reason. I saw miz had voted for Frosty and thought that was you because I constantly get you two mixed up. So I thought your vote wasn't valid simply because you would have needed to unlynch first. Just ignore me lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This lynch should provide village with good direction about whether ghosting and lynching out-of-game players are viable strategies to avoid lynching wolves.

In regular WW ghosting is a viable wolf strategy. Kind of makes you wonder if it's a good village strategy for Reverse WW. :shrug:

This lynch should provide village with good direction about whether ghosting and lynching out-of-game players are viable strategies to avoid lynching wolves.
Lynching mods doesn't work. Ghosting isn't the best strategy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone loved Benjamin Button, but no one could ignore how soft and wrinkleless his skin had become. Even the simplest task such as eating require multiple types of support. And finally, although they all loved him, and the innocent sweet baby he had become, they decided it was his time.

"Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?"

tenor.gif

Dead is @Ms Procrastinator Benjamin Button, a vanillager

It is now Night 3.
Roster
0. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
1. @SARdoghandler
3. @mypetmoose
4. @dolphin106258
6. @acanthuroidei
7. @Navilly
8. @cubsrule4e
9. @mizchiefmanaged
11. @Barkley13
12. @grebes4lyfe
14. @allieh8607
16. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @FrostySparrow

Living In Another Realm
17. Sporty - Reverse Uno Card
15. Coop - Xu Zhenjun
13. Pippy - Retro Walking
2. genny - Marty McFly
10. MsP - Benjamin Button

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Go village

Reactions: 5 users
did you miss the part where i said "randlynch and win"
did you think it was a joke
I dared to hope lol

In theory, I guess it makes sense. If everyone else played that way maybe, but mostly it just is not a way I could play the game.

What makes it different than rand-lynching a typical game?

At some point, rand-lynching statistically has pretty terrible odds. Will you have reads by then?

Contingency lynch grebes

While I didn’t have super strong msp feels (weak enough to where WZ voting there swayed me based on the current feels there), I think based on the few lynches and previous posts I’m comfortable here. I may be moving WZ to neutral- MAYBE a slight village lean after all, not super confident on this... but at the very least feeling less ww from them since msp flopped village.

I dared to hope lol

In theory, I guess it makes sense. If everyone else played that way maybe, but mostly it just is not a way I could play the game.

What makes it different than rand-lynching a typical game?

At some point, rand-lynching statistically has pretty terrible odds. Will you have reads by then?
19p to start

4 wolves max
if there's a 3p i doubt it'd be more than one

1 wolf dead
4 town dead
another one probs dying soon

14p and you're looking to dodge 3 wolves
and let's keep the 3p in mind and say you only wanna hit any one of TEN REMAINING VILLAGERS

Do you realize what that means? You can rand lynch confidently knowing that your next phase gives you a 71% chance to hit any one of those ten.

And usually statistics are a huge fallacy in ww
But that's normal ww, which this is not

You can skew your odds here as well but it's nowhere as extreme as regular ww, at least not until parity is close.

What that means is you don't really have to do much until a wolf flips. A wolf flipped and nothing changed for the way people approach this game.

And you know what? It doesn't really ****ing matter. You don't need to do much number fixing when the numbers already work out for you.

So as it stands I'll keep rolling dice until there's actual pressure on a decision

19p to start

4 wolves max
if there's a 3p i doubt it'd be more than one

1 wolf dead
4 town dead
another one probs dying soon

14p and you're looking to dodge 3 wolves
and let's keep the 3p in mind and say you only wanna hit any one of TEN REMAINING VILLAGERS

Do you realize what that means? You can rand lynch confidently knowing that your next phase gives you a 71% chance to hit any one of those ten.

And usually statistics are a huge fallacy in ww
But that's normal ww, which this is not

You can skew your odds here as well but it's nowhere as extreme as regular ww, at least not until parity is close.

What that means is you don't really have to do much until a wolf flips. A wolf flipped and nothing changed for the way people approach this game.

And you know what? It doesn't really ****ing matter. You don't need to do much number fixing when the numbers already work out for you.

So as it stands I'll keep rolling dice until there's actual pressure on a decision

Ok. This is all good statistical logic and such, but outside of randlynching, do you have any thoughts on any particular players at this time?

HOW TO PICK A VOTE TOMORROW
Step 1
Look at who voted Pippy

Step 2
Pick literally anyone else

• Angry
You don't think randlynching wins this game then?
It might, I don't really do WW statistics, but I don't see the point in playing a game if you're not even going to try :shrug: sure I could lynch randomly the whole time but that's boring as hell

Lynched closed; results pending.

Sorry about the delay. Haven't been feeling well this morning.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
˥ᴉɟǝ ᴉs ɐ ʍɥolǝ loʇ ɔɹǝǝdᴉǝɹ ʍɥǝu ʎon sʇod ʇo sɯǝll ʇɥǝ ɹosǝs oɹ ɾnsʇ dlɐʎ ʎonɹ ɟɐʌoɹᴉʇǝ ɹǝɔoɹp ᴉu ɹǝʌǝɹsǝ˙ ∩uɟoɹʇnuɐʇǝlʎ' ʇɥᴉs pɐɯɐƃǝp onɹ loʌǝlʎ qǝɐʇlǝs ɐlqnɯ ʇo ʇɥǝ doᴉuʇ oɟ uǝʌǝɹ dlɐʎᴉuƃ ᴉu ʇɥǝ qlᴉssɟnllʎ ᴉƃuoɹɐuʇ pᴉɹǝɔʇᴉou ɐƃɐᴉu' qnʇ ᴉʇ ʍɐs ʍǝll ʍoɹʇɥ ᴉʇ ʇo ǝxdosǝ ʇɥǝ ʇɹnʇɥ ʇo oʇɥǝɹs˙

ALL HAIL MEL SATAN

tumblr_n0z0kqyDC11qedb29o1_500.gif

Dead is @mypetmoose Backmasking, a vanillager

It is now Day 4.
Roster
0. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
1. @SARdoghandler
4. @dolphin106258
6. @acanthuroidei
7. @Navilly
8. @cubsrule4e
9. @mizchiefmanaged
11. @Barkley13
12. @grebes4lyfe
14. @allieh8607
16. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @FrostySparrow

Living In Another Realm
17. Sporty - Reverse Uno Card
15. Coop - Xu Zhenjun
13. Pippy - Retro Walking
2. genny - Marty McFly
10. MsP - Benjamin Button
3. mpm - Backmasking

• Love
well my sure village reads are all dead now :(

feeling pretty good about SAR though

so

lynch SAR

> FTF's randlynching is pro-village.
> FTF didn't vote yesterday; people who aren't voting are likely village, because the only way wolves can win this game (as far as I can tell, and please correct me if I'm wrong) is influencing lynches, so I have a hard time believing wolves are passing up on voting.
> Wolves have been night-killing the runner up lynch candidate when they are village. A good strategy to test unknowns is to put people we're not sure of in the second place position and see what happens after the night cycle; obviously someone surviving isn't definitive proof they're a wolf, but it's definitely informative.

> FTF's randlynching is pro-village.

I disagree very strongly with this. I think that his randlynching and playing a stats game is a wolfy out so that he doesn't have to weigh the risks of trying to lynch a wolf. The random lynching gives him a way to not actually have to try and lynch villagers, and if he is on a wolf lynch, he has an excuse that "well it was random and statistically i should have been on a villager."
Pro-village is voting for whoever you think is most village.

Same goes to you too. Joke voting a mod doesn't do **** for village either.