-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014
Started by BB8730
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm on the alternate list too 🙁 got my letter today. Does anyone know how to find out where you stand on the alternate list?
Hey, I am on the alternate list as well. I have been on it for a while now, so I can relate to you.
To answer your question, to my knowledge I do not believe the alternate list has been ranked as of yet. The last time I spoke with the admissions office they told me that I should try t0 check back in late April/early May for an update. I am assuming that they will likely look at the alternate list after the interview season is complete. However, I believe the acceptance process this year has been changed/updated from previous years so this is information is not "set in stone."
This is what I know/was told, so if someone knows of anything different please correct me if I am wrong.
Best of luck.
Hey everyone, I do apologize, but I just received official word that the Reception for New Students Day is on Saturday March 29th, 2014 from 8:30am to 5pm. Sorry if I confused anyone before. Only passing along what I hear
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I am on the alternate list as well. I have been on it for a while now, so I can relate to you.
To answer your question, to my knowledge I do not believe the alternate list has been ranked as of yet. The last time I spoke with the admissions office they told me that I should try t0 check back in late April/early May for an update. I am assuming that they will likely look at the alternate list after the interview season is complete. However, I believe the acceptance process this year has been changed/updated from previous years so this is information is not "set in stone."
This is what I know/was told, so if someone knows of anything different please correct me if I am wrong.
Best of luck.
thank you for that information! Hopefully there is a good amount of movement from the waitlist. Good luck to you as well.
Anyone nervous about tomorrow?
What's tomorrow? Committee meeting?
Yea interviewed 2/7 and the committee is supposed to meet tomorrow
Accepted! Got the call 20min ago from my interviewer.
Accepted! Got the call 20min ago from my interviewer.
Accepted! Congrats, interview buddy! See you in the fall!!
Congratulations guys!! See you this fall!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Congrats to those that got in! I have a 3.67 graduate school science GPA with a 26 (9 PS,8 VR,9 BS) (my older mcat was slightly lower, but my biology section was a 10). My undergrad GPA was pretty low, cGPA 3.1, and sGPA at 2.8, hence the grad program. I haven't heard back from SOM yet, so I'm nervous! I met with the dean last week and she was much more optimistic about my file after my grad school grades came in. So I hope to hear back for an interview soon. I'm a NJ resident!
What do you guys think about my chances?
Thank you
What do you guys think about my chances?
Thank you
anyone have any idea how full the class is? would love to attend
Last edited:
Hey guys! Congrats to those that got in! I have a 3.67 graduate school science GPA with a 26 (9 PS,8 VR,9 BS) (my older mcat was slightly lower, but my biology section was a 10). My undergrad GPA was pretty low, cGPA 3.1, and sGPA at 2.8, hence the grad program. I haven't heard back from SOM yet, so I'm nervous! I met with the dean last week and she was much more optimistic about my file after my grad school grades came in. So I hope to hear back for an interview soon. I'm a NJ resident!
What do you guys think about my chances?
Thank you
What your cumulative with the gradGPA+undergradGPA as read in the AACOMAS line? We no longer take GSBS Masters grades in replacement of undergrad GPAs so that's a disadvantage. I assume your Masters was a 30 credit degree? So that may be a 3.2-3.3? Really depends on your LORs and ECs. It's hard to make a good judgement on someone especially this late in the cycle. If Paula sounded optimistic about it then there is a possibility as she doesn't really blow smoke.
At the very least I would say you are good candidate for next round with an early application. This round might be tricky as it's the end of Feb. Like I said, it's hard to make a call since everyone is in individual. What are your ECs?
anyone have any idea how full the class is? would love to attend
On the facebook group it says 93 people are in the group, however some of them are 1st/2nd years so I would say 63 are from the class of 2018. This is a general estimate as not everyone has facebook/received the group invite/joined up since their acceptance.
On the facebook group it says 93 people are in the group, however some of them are 1st/2nd years so I would say 63 are from the class of 2018. This is a general estimate as not everyone has facebook/received the group invite/joined up since their acceptance.
If memory serves me, they were at 120ish acceptances at the end of January. Can't remember the exact number.
Rejected pre-interview 3.6,29
Wow, I thought I was being silently rejected... I have not heard since September for an II, how do they send out pre-interview rejections - snail mail or email?Rejected pre-interview 3.6,29
I'm on the same boat.Wow, I thought I was being silently rejected... I have not heard since September for an II, how do they send out pre-interview rejections - snail mail or email?
Been waiting since what feels like forever and the time I called I got exactly what I expected- "Still being reviewed.."
I'm starting to panic that I won't even have a shot at this point!
postalWow, I thought I was being silently rejected... I have not heard since September for an II, how do they send out pre-interview rejections - snail mail or email?
How long does it take to get the acceptance packet?
Same situation here... I am just ready to know where I will be going... blah this process blowsI'm on the same boat.
Been waiting since what feels like forever and the time I called I got exactly what I expected- "Still being reviewed.."
I'm starting to panic that I won't even have a shot at this point!
What is the remediation/failure policy at Rowan?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when i went for my interview last week, one of the women in admissions said that the committee is meeting tomorrow, 3/07
it is the first friday of the month
*fingers crossed*
Do they call for acceptances and send snail mail waitlists/rejections?
Do they call for acceptances and send snail mail waitlists/rejections?
yes that's exactly what they do
Did calls go out today?
Did calls go out today?
idk, i've been waiting all day
Yes. And I called to confirmFor those who sent update letters: did you send them to Paula Watkins and did you receive a reply back?
Congrats! You were accepted this past Friday?Got accepted a few days ago and mailed back their packet. Anyone know the withdrawal policy? I'm still on the waitlists for NJMS and Cooper, so I have my fingers crossed. Also, if anyone knows the Class of 2018 Fbook, can they link it on here? Thanks.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/611001255623569?ref=bookmark that's the group!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Non-traditional. Undergrad BA in Bio from 2009. Career as EMT moved to Paramedic w/5+ years exp. Applied with 3.2c/3.11s and 28MCAT. Pre-requirements completed since fall have all been A's in science. Leadership includes President of undergrad organizations and community paramedic outreach program through work. 100's of hours of volunteer in college. Considering military OCS. What are my chances? Advice for increasing competitiveness? Retake MCAT? What else? Thaaanks!!!
Non-traditional. Undergrad BA in Bio from 2009. Career as EMT moved to Paramedic w/5+ years exp. Applied with 3.2c/3.11s and 28MCAT. Pre-requirements completed since fall have all been A's in science. Leadership includes President of undergrad organizations and community paramedic outreach program through work. 100's of hours of volunteer in college. Considering military OCS. What are my chances? Advice for increasing competitiveness? Retake MCAT? What else? Thaaanks!!!
28 is within range of the average MCAT. I would also suggest doing a Masters to boost the GPA. Are you in-state?
Nope, accepted a few weeks earlier, but their packet got delayed due to weather issues.Congrats! You were accepted this past Friday?
Not in state, unfortunately. I can always retake the MCAT, but Master's will be very difficult with a family and full time work... Any other suggestions?28 is within range of the average MCAT. I would also suggest doing a Masters to boost the GPA. Are you in-state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only thing sticking out to me is your GPA. You can try doing a post bac or something to raise that GPA. Otherwise, your MCATs and ECs look good so I would highly suggest a post bac or anything else that can boost your GPA. Perhaps retake some classes that you got lower grades on?Not in state, unfortunately. I can always retake the MCAT, but Master's will be very difficult with a family and full time work... Any other suggestions?
Contact admissions for specific recommendations.Not in state, unfortunately. I can always retake the MCAT, but Master's will be very difficult with a family and full time work... Any other suggestions?
March 29 - Accepted Students DayDoes anyone know when accepted students day is?
And can anyone comment on the attendance policy for lectures? I read that it was required this year but that
it might be changing next year with the curriculum changes they are putting in.
Does anyone know when accepted students day is?
And can anyone comment on the attendance policy for lectures? I read that it was required this year but that
it might be changing next year with the curriculum changes they are putting in.
This year only certain classes were mandatory. OMM lab takes attendance as does Anatomy Lab (apparently), Biochem Patient panel (wouldn't miss it anyway), certain Anatomy lectures (maybe 4-5), On Doctoring and Professionalism. That sounds like a lot but it's really not. Majority of the classes don't take attendance for "regular lectures" however it should be noted that some professors start to get angry when only 20 or less students show up. With all these changes recently it will be hard to say what the new policy will be.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 565
- Views
- 139K
- Replies
- 888
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 258K
- Replies
- 868
- Views
- 192K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K