You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It appears only one person replied on this thread that they got it. Anyone else?
Just got it 10 minutes ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received and submitted.
Received and submitted.
how much did you write for the interest in a specific field ? or did you just list it
I listed..
how much did you write for the interest in a specific field ? or did you just list it
I finally received it. Honestly, with a couple interviews lined up, I dont know if I even want to submit it now... I dont think I will.
Nothing - IS🙁
Complete email received already! They are fast now 🙂
Question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!
Also I am in an instate applicant
Question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!
Also I am in an instate applicant
you have a very good shot. your MCAT is above their average and your GPA is great as well.
Question about my chances here. 31 MCAT (12/6/13), 3.65 cgpa according to AACOMAS, 3.7 sGPA. Shadowing, volunteering, plenty of other sport related EC's. Thank you for your responses!
You have a good shot. As always, apply early to increase your chances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received the secondary today, and I prewrote my responses. So I will have it submitted very shortly!!You have a good shot. As always, apply early to increase your chances.
D
deleted436726
Got the secondary this morning.
Is anyone else having an error on their additional information screen? Every time I try and submit it it says there is some error and then when I go back it says my additional info is filled out, but there is nothing saved, its really weird.
Got the secondary this morning.
Ditto!
Just received- will fill it out tonight!
Nvm, I ended up trying to submit again today and had no problem.
This program looks pretty stellar. Strong clinical affiliations!
Submitted!
D
deleted436726
Submitted!
+1 and app complete email received.
This is going to be an out of subject question 🙂
Does RowanSOM have mandatory attendance?
Does RowanSOM have mandatory attendance?
I didn't do it... no point in stretching if I had a hardship or obstacle to overcome when compared to other people's I didn't.Do you think ill be fine without doing the optional essay? 3.98s/3.93c 29 MCAT IS
Recieved, Submitted, Completed
Now we wait...
Now we wait...
This is going to be an out of subject question 🙂
Does RowanSOM have mandatory attendance?
I do not believe so (though I am not 100% sure). One of the students on my tour mentioned some classes being more important to attend than others.
I like half pre-completed it but now Im wishing I did it fully because I feel like I keep changing things around and delaying this even further….BAHHH
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you all explain your choice(s) for the question that asks for your specialty interest? You get 500 characters but it says to just identify and not describe.
I wrote a couple sentences about why I like a specific specialty, but it is by no means an essay or anywhere near 500 characters.
Do you think ill be fine without doing the optional essay? 3.98s/3.93c 29 MCAT IS
When I went to a open house Ms. Watkins stressed that even though its optional, its not really optional….
I'm doing it only because she made a point to say that .
How is a hardship essay not optional? It makes you look like an dingus if you pretend some little obstacle was a huge hardship. That's not the place for a diversity essay either.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is a hardship essay not optional? It makes you look like an dingus if you pretend some little obstacle was a huge hardship. That's not the place for a diversity essay either.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just repeating what I was told….and answering the question asked
Lol, damn. Only wrote a short 85ish word response. Oh well :/When I went to a open house Ms. Watkins stressed that even though its optional, its not really optional….
I'm doing it only because she made a point to say that .
Not trying to attack you- just doesn't seem right. If they don't like that I skipped it, fine, It obviously wasn't meant to be!just repeating what I was told….and answering the question asked
Not trying to attack you- just doesn't seem right. If they don't like that I skipped it, fine, It obviously wasn't meant to be!
yeah I mean I get what you're saying and I completely agree that you shouldn't just write something to write it. Luckily I had something to talk about, not sure of how much it is a challenge compared to other people, but it was a "personal" challenge.
Best of luck to you!
Let us all know if any of you get II and when you submitted with stats please 🙂
yeah I mean I get what you're saying and I completely agree that you shouldn't just write something to write it. Luckily I had something to talk about, not sure of how much it is a challenge compared to other people, but it was a "personal" challenge.
Best of luck to you!
This essay should really be rephrased differently. It seems that they want us to write it but maybe it isn't really a hardship essay and more of a what challenges have you face personally type of essay.
Let us all know if any of you get II and when you submitted with stats please 🙂
Yeh! They should be starting to review and starting interviews soon now. Please post if II given.
Under the "status" tab, I see that I'm incomplete under the Letters of Recommendation section. When I click on it however, it says that my virtual eval has been received. Its the packet with my DO letter and pre-health committee letter. Anyone else in a similar position?
I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?
I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?
Same here. Don't know what to make out of it.Under the "status" tab, I see that I'm incomplete under the Letters of Recommendation section. When I click on it however, it says that my virtual eval has been received. Its the packet with my DO letter and pre-health committee letter. Anyone else in a similar position?
I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?
Yeah same here as well :/Same here. Don't know what to make out of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys send out your LOR before finishing all of your sec apps?
I did
Under the "status" tab, I see that I'm incomplete under the Letters of Recommendation section. When I click on it however, it says that my virtual eval has been received. Its the packet with my DO letter and pre-health committee letter. Anyone else in a similar position?
I did just submit my secondary today. Maybe I need to wait a bit for it to update?
I came to ask the same question... I'm glad all of you are in the same situation. Looks like there's no need to worry then!
+1I came to ask the same question... I'm glad all of you are in the same situation. Looks like there's no need to worry then!
Mine was like that too. The next day I got an email saying I was complete.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 565
- Views
- 138K
- Replies
- 888
- Views
- 225K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 257K
- Replies
- 868
- Views
- 190K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K