You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
are you in-state? that would probably help. I got in with a 27 so I'm pretty close!!Hi just wonder if there is anyone here have MCAT of 26 and got into this school?
are you in-state? that would probably help. I got in with a 27 so I'm pretty close!!
Thanks, no I am not instate. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi just wonder if there is anyone here have MCAT of 26 and got into this school?
I got a 26 I believe (it's been a while) and I was the last one pulled off the waitlist.
I got a 26 I believe (it's been a while) and I was the last one pulled off the waitlist.
Thanks. Were you in NJ when you applied? How long for their wait-list?
Accepted !! So so so excited 😀
CONGRATS!!Accepted !! So so so excited 😀
Congratulations! This is so awesome!Accepted !! So so so excited 😀
Accepted !! So so so excited 😀
Congratz! Were you on the waitlist?
congratulations!!!! by accepted, did you mean get off the hold list? been on the hold list for a while and was trying to see if there's been movement! also, they call you right?
Thank you !! Yes from the hold list & yes they call. 🙂 I think it's definitely moving. A lot of people on here have been taken off the past two months. Fingers crossed for you !!!!
Congratz! Were you on the waitlist?
Thank you ! No the hold list...but at least there's movement getting closer to the wait list ! Fingers crossed for you ! Best of luck.
the girl who gave the tour on my interview day said she was unable to attend pre-matric because she was accepted after the program started. So unless you are accepted in the next couple days, I think you are out of luck for pre-matricHoping for some love from the hold list this week! Anyone know if you're able to participate in the pre-matriculate program if you're accepted after June 22?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info. The pre-matric is a huge draw for me so would definitely be a huge bummer to miss out. Trying to stay positive
I could be wring, but I thought I read somewhere that there was an online version ? Maybe they'd let you do that type.
there is an online version! you could definitely contact Latoya Langston (who is in charge of the program) about that if/when you are pulled from the hold list (let's hope for this week!)I could be wring, but I thought I read somewhere that there was an online version ? Maybe they'd let you do that type.
Hey guys, how was the first week of pre-matric? Any insight is welcomed and thanks in advance.
Also did anyone get accepted from here in past two weeks? And those still waiting, has anyone called recently to see what the chances are now as July is almost here?
Also did anyone get accepted from here in past two weeks? And those still waiting, has anyone called recently to see what the chances are now as July is almost here?
Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything? I'm starting to wonder if there will be any more movement with about three weeks left until the white coat ceremony. Any insight?
Last edited:
Any accepted students or current students know any information regarding required textbooks?
I know the school sent out a list of of required books for each subject, but which from the list are actually required/used by students.
Also, do we have to purchase our own scrubs/stethoscope?
Thanks in advance.
@WhyDoWeFall
I know the school sent out a list of of required books for each subject, but which from the list are actually required/used by students.
Also, do we have to purchase our own scrubs/stethoscope?
Thanks in advance.
@WhyDoWeFall
I would personally not buy any books before oreintation. Your big will be able to give you more information on what they bought and what books worked. I don't want to go book by book because honestly the classes have changed so I think the current second years would be able to answer that better.
As for scrubs, yes you buy your own. Surgery club holds a fundraiser and sells them. As for stethoscope, I would direct that to April as I think you all get a doctor's bag but I'm not sure what's in it.
Sorry everyone, things have changed with that stuff recently but it's pretty safe to wait to oreintation week to grab everything.
As for scrubs, yes you buy your own. Surgery club holds a fundraiser and sells them. As for stethoscope, I would direct that to April as I think you all get a doctor's bag but I'm not sure what's in it.
Sorry everyone, things have changed with that stuff recently but it's pretty safe to wait to oreintation week to grab everything.
Has anyone heard anything? Has there been any movement?
Congratulations!! Today? What time?Accepted! There's definitely movement for those waiting!
Based on our class facebook group, it seems like there have been a small number of people each week being accepted off the hold list (haven't heard much about the regular waitlist). They are gonna call people as soon as they know a seat is open since it is getting SO close to white coat right now. So just keep up hope and don't think too much about the patterns of when people are being called.Congratulations!! Today? What time?
Congratulations!! Today? What time?
Thank you. It wasn't yesterday, but earlier in the week. Sorry, just been so busy with everything so didn't get a chance to post
I'm currently in pre-matric so I've already gotten my computer. The school will give you a Lenovo Thinkpad during orientation. They are actually pretty nice!Does anyone know what's the situation with the computers? Are we getting any? Or will we be using our own? I'm going to buy one so depending on whether we're getting a laptop or not, I know what to buy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in pre-matric so I've already gotten my computer. The school will give you a Lenovo Thinkpad during orientation. They are actually pretty nice!
That sounds great!
Not to my knowledge. I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anyone from the waitlist saying that they were accepted yet, but keep hope alive!
Just got the call! The wait list is definitely moving!
Yeah there were two students accepted today, or recently, apparently.
Withdrew.
Hope someone from SDN gets my spot.
Best of luck SDNers!
Hope someone from SDN gets my spot.
Best of luck SDNers!
Best of luck to you too!Withdrew.
Hope someone from SDN gets my spot.
Best of luck SDNers!
Hoping for movement!
From your post history, it seems like you withdrew from multiple places today. Where did you decide to go to school?Withdrew.
Hope someone from SDN gets my spot.
Best of luck SDNers!
From your post history, it seems like you withdrew from multiple places today. Where did you decide to go to school?
In the end, I decided to attend another school in New Jersey. To be perfectly honest, I really did love Rowan - it's a great school with an amazing community. Every time I'd call their office, I would say my first name and before I could get to my last name or my AACOMAS ID, whoever was on the line would already know who I was, and we'd have a friendly conversation before getting down to business. Rowan is incredibly humanistic that way.
It was certainly a difficult decision to withdraw.
Full Disclosure - staying close to family and my significant other was the main factor to my decision.
In the end, I decided to attend another school in New Jersey. To be perfectly honest, I really did love Rowan - it's a great school with an amazing community. Every time I'd call their office, I would say my first name and before I could get to my last name or my AACOMAS ID, whoever was on the line would already know who I was, and we'd have a friendly conversation before getting down to business. Rowan is incredibly humanistic that way.
It was certainly a difficult decision to withdraw.
Full Disclosure - staying close to family and my significant other was the main factor to my decision.
I feel the same way about Rowan. It's been my #1 choice from the start. An amazing community and a really wonderful admissions staff. I'm currently high on the wait list--so I may get in, may not get in. My acceptance depends entirely on the withdrawal rate at this point. It's a strange and anxiety-inducing situation to be in this close to the start of orientation. Good luck to you!
Accepted off the regular wait list this morning 🙂 For those wondering, back in May I was told that I was around the top 20% of the wait list.
Accepted off the regular wait list this morning 🙂 For those wondering, back in May I was told that I was around the top 20% of the wait list.
I think you may have gotten my spot! Small world.
Congrats and good luck!
I think you may have gotten my spot! Small world.
Congrats and good luck!
Even if I didn't get your exact spot, you withdrawing certainly contributed to my acceptance. I am so happy and grateful. It's funny how your decision to withdraw was completely life changing for me (and for you, I'm sure!). Good luck to you as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
STAT's?????I was just accepted off the waitlist today!!!!!!
So I got like 2 days to do this! I am gonna have to find the link to the facebook group and start looking for apartments.
OMG congrats!! see you at white coat in a couple days. just post anything to the fb if you have any questions - I believe there are a couple people with houses still looking for an extra roommate near schoolI was just accepted off the waitlist today!!!!!!
So I got like 2 days to do this! I am gonna have to find the link to the facebook group and start looking for apartments.
Hey I was wondering how they rank the wait list. Is it a GPA/MCAT combination and if so, what was your GPA Mcat if you don't mind me askingAccepted off the regular wait list this morning 🙂 For those wondering, back in May I was told that I was around the top 20% of the wait list.
Very surprised I didn't get an II here with a 31 MCAT and 3.7GPA (no retakes at all) (CA student thoug). Just wanted to say a few words before I "unwatch" this thread. Rowan is truly an amazing school and I hope all of you that got in this cycle will truly appreciate this school and its rich history.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 565
- Views
- 138K
- Replies
- 888
- Views
- 225K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 257K
- Replies
- 868
- Views
- 190K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K